Oats and Jaggery Ladoo Recipe | Healthy and Nutritious Ladoos with Oats
Healthy Oats Ladoos with the goodness of Rolled Oats, Nuts and Jaggery Powder. These ladoo are Gluten-free, made in very less ghee and contains no synthetic sugar. Perfect for those who have gluten allergies. A delicious and healthy way to feed oats especially to kids.
Make it for festivals, for kids school snack or for yourself to satiate sudden hunger cravings. A complete energy boasting snack or a sweet treat to share with your loved ones in festive and special occassions.
Whenever it is special occasion, most of us irrespective of the culture and country of origin, celebrate the occasion with we all something sweet.
Oats and Nuts Ladoos is another post after my no cook apricot, fig and Nuts ladoos. Since it is festival time in India soon approaching, Sujata Roy from Foodie Monday Blog hop foodies group suggested we make something with sweet for this Monday’s Foodie Bloghop Challenge.
#Meethe Pal is the theme for this week at Foodie Monday Bloghop. Meanwhile do checkout Sujataji’s blog Batter Up with Sujata, for lot of baking and sweet dessert recipes along with other Bengali and Indian recipes. I have bookmarked her Chilli Rasgulla Recipe which looks awesome with hint of chilli flavour with the sweet sugar syrup. She made Caramel Custard for the theme.
You may want to checkout more recipes for Ladoos from the blog..
Ingredients and Method to make Oats and Nuts Ladoo
Quick Rolled Oats, finely powdered.
Jaggery Powder or powdered sugar. You can also add coconut palm sugar or burra/tagaar(available in India to make mithai/sweets).
Nuts– I added Cashew nuts. You can add any of the nuts of your choice like Walnuts, Almonds, Pistachios. I have also added cucumber seeds.You can add melon seeds or skip it.
Cardamom Powder for flavour.
Ghee to bind the flour to make ladoo. Since we use ghee to bind ladoos I can’t call it Vegan, But many people consider Ghee as Vegan as it has very negligible amount of dairy. So if you are Vegan, pls see see your preference and try these ladoos.
You may also use Almond Butter/Cashew Butter to bind the ladoos. Microwave it for about 30 sec-60 sec, and then add to powdered oats and nuts mix.
Step-wise pics for making Oats and Jaggery Ladoo
Recipe Card for Oats and Jaggery Ladoo
Oats and Jaggery Ladoo
- Heavy Bottomed Pan/Kadhai
- Grinder/Coffee Grinder
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- ½ Cup Cashew Nuts
- ¼ Cup Melon Seeds/Cucumber Seeds
- ½ Cup Ghee
- ½ Cup Jaggery Powder or as required
- 2-3 Cardamom Pods
- In kadhai or heavy bottomed pan, dry roast oats, till it gives aroma and starts turning light brown.
- Take out in a dish/plate to cool it completely.
- Then dry roast cashews or other nuts for 5 mins. or till it starts giving nutty aroma.
- Next dry roast cucumber seeds or melon seeds.
- Keep all the nuts and seeds in a a plate/dish to completely cool.
- Once all oats, nuts, seeds cool completely, grind to fine powder. along with cardamom pods.
- Transfer the powder to a plate,, add jaggery powder and mix nicely with hands.
- Heat ghee till lukewarm, add to powdered oats and nuts mix.
- Mix nicely and carefully. Form into lemon sized balls/ladoos.
- Store in an air tight container.
Some of the recipes from the blog using Oats/powdered oats–
Do try these easy peasy ladoo recipe. Make it for snacking or for any festive occasion for your loved ones. Pack in beautiful gift boxes along with other sweet treats. Homemade isn’t the best gift for someone you love.
Whenever you make it, do give me your feedback in comments. You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!