Easy Peach and Nectarine Cobbler recipe with season fresh peaches and nectarines made in Pancake Mix
Here I bring you a very quick and easy your favourite cobbler recipe with Summer fruits Peaches and Nectarines. A recipe so easy that even kids can put it together within minutes and bake under your supervision.
Warm Cobbler topped with your favorite ice cream, makes perfect summer party dessert. A showstopper dessert, that all your guests will rave about when served on the party table.
Peaches and Nectarines
Summers are here and so are the Stone fruits. The stores are flooded with variety of Cherries, Peaches, Plums, Nectarines. What a colorful site to see the aisles loaded with beauties, as I call these. .These not only look pretty but are also a treat to have it on it’s own, or in desserts. Baked desserts, breads, chutneys, drinks what is there that you can’t make with these juicy treats!!
Peaches and Nectarines look so much similar in appearance and are related also. But when observed carefully, you will see there is a difference in the texture of the skin.
Frimer fruits are best to use for baking and the soft ones can be eaten on it’s own or used for making different beverages.
Peaches and Nectarine make and excellent choice for summer treats. Loaded with fibres, potassium,Vit A and C.
What are Fruit Cobblers
Cobblers are sweet or savoury dish consisting of fruit filling baked, covered with batter or dough. In some cobbler recipes, batter is poured on the fruit filling and some have thick pie crust on top or bottom or both. Many like to top cobbler with crumbles also.
Many people also confuse, cobbler with crumbles or crisp. These three may sound similar but are a lot different from each other.
Cobbler is a baked fruit dessert layered or topped with thick dough of biscuits or pies. In many versions now, fruit filling is also baked with batter made with flour and milk. this has cakey texture as the batter bakes but down below is the juicy baked fruit filling. Cobbler is similar to Clafoutis , but clafoutis has more of a pancake like thickness and
Crisp-In crisp the fruit filling is baked with crunchy and crispy layer of ingredients. The layer can be made with flour, oats, nuts mixed with sugar, butter and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg etc. The topping is grainy an dthe dish is baked till it is crispy and golden brown in color.
Crumble– Many fins crumbles similar to crisp but in traditional crumble recipes, the topping is strudel kinds, made with flour, sugar and butter. It rarely has oats or nuts.Cobbler topping is not clumpy like crispy topping.
What I need to make Peach and Nectarine Cobbler
Coming back to this cobbler recipe, it is very simple and no fuss dessert. You can make a big batch ahead of your party, just toss in the oven to warm it up before serving and top with ice cream/whipped cream or serve it just like that. You can serve it your kids for breakfast or anytime snack.
Peaches Nectarines or in fact any fruit of your choice like berries, apples, pears, cherries.. Use fresh fruits or use canned ones ..I love adding fresh fruits but canned fruits/ pie fillings also work well.
Pancake Mix-Take your favourite pancake mix. My favorite pancake mix if the one that I get from Whole Foods store with the goodness of whole wheat flour.
Incase you don’t have the pancake mix, you can use the same amt of flour(Whole Wheat/All Purpose) along with 2 tsp of baking powder and use it for batter.
Other ingredients are Milk, Vanilla Essence or spices like Cinnamon/Cardamom/Nutmeg.
How to make Peach and Nectarine Cobbler
3 easy steps , stash the dish in oven, bake for set time, and here is your warm cobbler ready to serve..
Make a big batch or bake in individual ramekin bowls or pie dishes, this one is sure shot hit with kids and grownups alike.
Don’t you think it is such an easy to make one of the most gorgeous dessert!!
Checkout the recipe card to detailed method and list of ingredients.
Peach and Nectarine Cobbler
- 1 cup Pancake Mix
- 2-3 tbsp Raw Sugar(Cane, Jaggery,Coconut Palm) or use Castor Sugar
For Fruit Filling
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 -2 Cups Sliced Peaches and Nectarines or fruit of your choice
- ¼ Cup Raw Sugar(Cane, Jaggery,Coconut Palm) or use Castor Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Cornstarch optional
- 1/4 Tsp Salt if using unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence/Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Cup Milk
- Cut nectarines and peaches in slices or finely chop as preferred. Discard the seeds.
- Add sugar and cornstarch(optional), mix well, cover and keep aside for 10-15 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Take a baking dish, add butter in it and keep in the oven, till the butter melts. It will take about 2 mins.
- Make batter for cobbler.
- Mix pancake mix with milk and sugar. Do not beat the batter, just combine the flour and milk. If there are lumps and leave like that.
- In the baking dish with melted butter, transfer fruit filling.
- Pour batter over it. Do not mix.
- Top with more fruit slices if you want.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30-40 mins.
- If baking in small ramekins bowls or pie dishes adjust the baking time accordingly. For small dishes, it should be around 15 mins.
- Once done, take out of the oven, serve warm, with your favourite ice cream.
- Or,cool completely cover with cling film and refrigerate. Warm in oven, just before serving.
Tagging This delicious Peach and Nectarine to my Facebook Group A-Z Recipe Challenge, where all the participating members are sharing dishes that has one of the main ingredient that starts with the letter of the month. This month the letter is N. One of the main ingredient in my recipe is Nectarines.
Whenever you make it, do give me your feedback in comments. You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!