Choco Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream | No Churn Choco Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe
Here I am today with one of your favourite Cookie Dough Ice cream recipe with Choco chips. Trust my words this is the best HOMEMADE, NO EGGS, NO CHURN Ice cream with Cookie Dough.
And if you haven’t had Cookie Dough Ice cream then you should try this recipe and you will be addicted. Your kids and loved ones are definitely going to ask you to make a batch as soon the first batch finishes off.
Can you believe the Cookie Dough added in this ice cream is made without any all purpose flour and eggs.
This cookie dough is totally safe to eat especially for kids as the dough is made with QUICK ROLLED OATS which is a more fibrous option to the All Purpose Flour.
I know I know, ice creams are loaded with sugar but here in the recipe I have tried to use less refined sugar and substituted with raw sugar wherever I could.
What is Cookie Dough Choco Chip Ice Cream
Cookie Dough Ice cream is one of the most popular ice cream in America. Ice Cream with unbaked cookie dough chunks and loads of choco chips here and there. Tough it is not safe to eat the unbaked cookie dough, in the commercial ice creams the dough is heat treated which gets a chewy texture.
To make it at home instead of using All Purpose FLour or Whole Wheat Flour, I used Oats in the recipe. There are various recipes on net with APF or WWF but one recipe got my attention with Oats. I made a few changes as per my family’s preference and availability of ingredients. And here is a delicious Cookie Dough Ice Cream for you!!
The cream is just like store bought , so soft creamy and melt in mouth. Once you make it you are going to be addicted.
How to make Cookie Dough Choco Chip
There are two parts of the recipe..
1) Making Cookie Dough
2) Making Ice cream
It is not a complicated recipe if you are thinking.. a very simple and easy recipe.
Ingredients to make Cookie dough
Quick Rolled Oats– Using Oats in the recipe is a safe option and as there is no need to cook oats or bake dough before adding in ice cream. This a more fibre rich option to add cookie dough as compared to all purpose flour and whole wheat flour, as we need to cook both the fours before adding in ice cream.
Finely powder oats before making the dough.
Checkout Mango Kulfi from the blog with Oats
Sweetener– In cookie dough have used raw palm sugar and raw cane sugar, you can use brown sugar or any other raw sugar. In Ice Cream use only brown sugar or raw palm sugar.
Butter– Adds a nice buttery taste, I have used salted butter, add a pinch of salt.
Milk– to bind cookie dough.
Ingredients for Ice Cream
Heavy Whipping Cream or use whichever cream you use for making whipped cream. You can also use Cool Whip.
Add 2 tbsp of sugar when using unsweetened heavy whipping cream.
Others-Butter, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Vanilla Essence, Chocolate Fudge Sauce
Detailed method in recipe card and video
Tagging my Cookie Dough Choco Chip Ice Cream to my Facebook group Shh Cooking Secretly Challenge for the theme Frozen Treats. My partner for the month Pavani had suggested the theme. She also gave me two ingredients Oats flour and Choco Chips which I used in my recipe.
I gave her Oreos and Cream which she used in her Easy Oreo Ice Cream. Also, do checkout Pavani blog Pavani’s Kitchen for lots of delicious and easy vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes.
Cookie Dough Chocolate Chip Icecream
- Hand Beater/ Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 Cup Oats Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Raw Cane Sugar or Castor Sugar
- 2 tbsp or ¼ Cup Milk use as required
- ¼ Cup Choco Chips
Choco Chips Ice Cream
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Condensed Milk
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Fudge Sauce as required
Make Cookie Dough
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter, sugar and mix nicely.
- Add milk about 2 tbsp and bind the ingredients to make dough.
- Add oats flour, and choco chips.
- Keep dough in ziplock bag or wrap in cling film and refrigerate the dough for at least 2-3 hrs.
Make Ice Cream
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter, whipping cream and brown sugar.
- Whip cream to soft peak.
- Add condensed milk , vanilla essence and fold the cream lightly.
- Add Choco chips and fold lightly.
- Transfer half of the ice cream mixture in a shallow container, add cookie dough chunks, drizzle fudge sauce(optional). You can use loaf tin/or disposable container like I have used. Refer the video.
- Add rest of the ice cream mixture. Add more cookie dough chunks, drizzle fudge sauce again and make swirls.
- Cover the container with the lid or wrap tightly with cling wrap.
- Freeze the ice cream for about 6-7 hrs or till it sets.
- Once set, scoop out the ice cream and top with more fudgy chocolate sauce and enjoy the treat!!
Another delicious Ice Cream treat from the blog that you will love to try.. Mango Cheesecake Ice Cream.
You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use. If you like the recipe, pls do rate the recipe. Rating tab is just above the comments. Rating helps to make my blog more visible in Google searches and more people can discover my blog.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!!