These are fruity and these are healthy. I call these grab and go muffins. Ideal for a quick breakfast, to pack for kids lunchboxes or anytime snack. Made with whole wheat flour and oats, these are egg-less, loaded with not one but two berry flavors and finely chopped walnut topping to add the crunch!! I love to add different flavors to my cakes and muffins that I bake. Strawberry or any fruity essence adds on the fruity flavor of the muffin. When you have kids in the house, you have to constantly think about adding variations the food and snacks. Though kids love berries then at times they too get bored with eating fruits in same form. These berry muffins add the variation to my bakes and also add on to new snack or lunchbox ideas for kidoos and so apt for my teenager who is always in hurry to finish off the breakfast and leave for school.. And my younger takes these for his snack time ..I too enjoy these with my morning cup of tea or coffee.. healthy and wholesome treat for all!!
Let's see how I make these healthy and fruity muffins..
Double Berry Breakfast Muffins
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Mixed Berries Blueberries, Strawberries or Raspberries
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil or any flavorless oil
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt/Curd
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- 1 tsp Strawberry Essence or any other fruity essence
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pre-heat oven at 350 F or 180 C.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and oats. Very finely chop walnuts. Add the apple cider vinegar in milk. Let it rest for 5-10 mins.
- Beat together oil, sugar, both the essences and yogurt till sugar dissolves.
- Fold in flour in sugar mix. Roughly mash strawberries with a fork and dust the blueberries with flour.
- Fold in the berries in batter and transfer to muffin pan.
- Add chopped walnuts over batter. Press a little with spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins.
- When baked, cool on wire rack, then store in an airtight container.
I am taking these to Dec Bake-A-Thon where I am participating for the first time. Bakeathon is an event where a group of bloggers bake and blog every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The event is hosted by Srivalli whom I met online and got to know about it. She has two amazing blogs ..http://cooking4allseasons.in and http://spicingyourlife.in
You can read Bake-A Thon more here. Looking forward to sharing some good stuff in the group and learning from the other group members.
Do make these healthy muffins. You can use any combination of berries whatever you have in hand. These muffins are ideal giving as breakfast, packing as a snack in lunchboxes or anytime snack. Give me your feedback in the comments section and follow the blog for more such healthy and fruity recipes!! Whenever you bake these do share the pics on my FB page or tag me on Instagram. You can also Pin the recipe for later use. You can also find my recipes on Google+. It will a small token of your appreciation for my work and keeps me motivated to bring good, authentic and new recipes to you.
Join me in my Food Trails by following the blog, click on the FOLLOW button and on my social media accounts. Click on the icons on the sidebar for joining in. If you like my work do share my blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by. Keep coming back for more such yummy recipes ?!!