A popular Indonesian sweet and spicy fried rice with lots of vegetables and paneer for vegetarian version.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1½ Steamed Rice refrigerated
- 1 Cup Mixed Chopped vegetables Bell Peppers, Carrots, Mushrooms
- ½ Cup Fresh Paneer/Tofu
- 1/2 Cup Spring Onion Greens
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped Garlic
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil or Peanut Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce Tamari for Gluten-free
- 1½ tbsp Any sweetener(Honey/Agave /Palm Sugar)
- 2-3 tbsp Sambal Oelek or any spicy garlic and red chilli chutney as per spice level
Mix the sauces and sweetner for the sauce mix and keep aside.
In a pan add, heat oil, add finely chopped garlic to it. Saute till raw smell goes away.
Add finely chopped onions, add saute for few seconds.
Add the chopped vegetables, paneer /tofu pieces and then add the sauce mix.
Stir fry on high for few seconds. Keep the vegetables crunchy.
Add rice and salt to taste. Be careful in adding salt as the sauces already have salt .
Mix rice lightly and stir fry for few seconds.
Serve hot with more spicy chutney or sauce with a sunny side up(fried eggs on side).
Traditionally Jasmine is rice is used in Indonesia for this. You can use Basmati rice also as I have used.
Add 1-2 tbsp of Kecap Manis if you have it and add 1 tbsp of Soy sauce separately
Add the spicy Sambal Oelek or any spicy garlic Chilli Chutney as per your spice level..