Enjoy a comforting bowl of Thukpa Gyathuk(vegetarian version) a very popular comforting noodle based Tibetan soup for chilly evenings. Learn how to make Thukpa Gyathuk(vegetarian)
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Rice Noodles or any Noodles
- 1 Onion(small)
- 1 Tomato (medium)
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1" Ginger Piece
- 1-2 Dry Whole Red Chillies optional and depending on spice tolerance
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala optional
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper To taste
- 2-3 Cups Mixed vegetables(Shredded Cabbage, Carrots, Mushrooms, Bell Peppers) or any other seasonal vegetables you like to add
- 4-5 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Spring Onion Greens or Fresh Cilantro/Coriander for garnish
- 1-2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
Chop vegetables as per the size your like.
Make paste of onion, tomato, garlic, ginger and whole red chilli(optional).
In a pan heat oil, add the onion tomato paste, and saute till raw smell of onions and garlic goes away.
Mix garam masala, turmeric(optional) and red chilli powder if you are not using dry whole red chilli.
Add finely chopped vegetables, bell peppers first, then carrots and finely cabbage. Stir fry for few minutes and then add vegetable broth or water. Add salt and mix.
Add spinach at the end if using
Cook for few minutes until the soup boils. You can garnish with spring onion greens or fresh cilantro.
Add vegetables and noodles as per your choice.
You can make it noodle or vegetable laden soup as per your preference.