Crispy baked Baby Potatoes with Cajun spices and special mayo-chilli sauce. A take on the famous dish of Barbeque Nation in India-- Cajun Potatoes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 12-15 nos. Baby Potatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil or use any flavourless oil
Cajun Spice Mix
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt as required
Creamy Mayo Chilli Sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp Mayonnise use eggless or with egg
- 1-2 tsp Chilli Sauce use as required
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
Wash the baby potatoes thoroughly until cleaned off all the dirt and boil until 3/4 done. Boil potatoes in an open pan so that you can keep a check on the softness. We don't want over boiled/soft potatoes. Avoid boiling in the pressure cooker.
Once the potatoes are 3/4 done and cooled, press each potato flat using a potato masher.
Make the seasoning. In a bowl mix olive oil, parsley, garlic powder, red hot sauce, red hot sauce and salt. Coat smashed potatoes with the seasoning.
Bake the potatoes in a preheated oven at 375 °F/ 200°C for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are crisp.
Prepare mayo chilli sauce by mixing mayonnaise, curd, sour cream, red hot pepper sauce, tomato ketchup and chilli flakes.
Once baked, take out of the oven, season with some more herbs, take out in the serving tray and serve hot with mayo chilli sauce garnished with chopped onion
- I bake these potatoes if you want you can fry potatoes in little oil in a pan until crisp.
- Paprika/ Chilli Powder can be used in place of Red Hot sauce, adjust as per your spice level.
- Any type of Mayonnaise can be used (with eggs / eggless).
- I have used thick curd while making this sauce/dip, you can substitute with an equal quantity of mayo and sour cream.