Besan Badam Ladoos
Roasted Chickpeas and Almonds Ladoos made in desi ghee, specially made during festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi, Deepawali. Also, a perfect winter snack to nourish the body or anytime sweet treat that can be enjoyed in moderation.
- 2 Cups Besan/Chickpea flour
- 1 Cup Fine Castor Sugar or add boora if available
- 1 Cup Desi Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Almonds finely chopped or powdered
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder optional
Dry roast besan on a slow flame in a heavy bottomed pan or kadhai.
When the aroma starts to come and the flour starts to turn light brown, add ghee to the flour and roast flour till it turns golden brown.
Take out the roasted flour in another bowl, and keep it to cool down.
Meanwhile, dry roast almonds and other nuts(if adding), finely chop or powder when cooled.
Add sugar and chopped nuts to the roasted flour once the flour is just warm enough to touch. Add cardamom powder if using.
Shape into desired size ladoos(balls). You can garnish with finely chopped pistachio or slivered almonds.
Keep ladoos in open for 3-4 hrs will cool down properly and hold the shape nicely.
- Add more ghee if the flour looks dry while roasting.
- If accidentally you added more ghee, take out the extra ghee by carefully tilting the pan to one side. Collect ghee that runs towards the inverted side in a bowl.
- Adjust the quantity o sugar as per your taste. You can add 1.5 cups of sugar if you like sweeter ladoos.