Indian Masala Macroni
Elbow Macaroni cooked in onion and tomatoes flavoured with Indian Spices(Masala), perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Recipe for Quick Macaroni cooked in Indian style.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 Cup Elbow Macaroni
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 2 Tomatoes(Pureed)
- 1/4 Cup Bell Peppers(Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Carrot(Finely chopped or grated)
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2" Ginger piece
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera/Cumin Seeds
- 1/2-1 Tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder or as required
- 1-2 Oil
- Spring Onion Greens/Coriander(Finely chopped) for garnish
Take 2 cups water in a pan and boil. When it starts to boil, add macaroni and cook it till al-dente.
Roughly crush ginger-garlic in a mortar-pestle.
In another pan, add oil, when it is hot enough add jeera/cumin seeds, once the seeds crackle, add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell of garlic goes away.
Add onions and saute till the light pink.
Add bell peppers and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
Add tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar, carrots and spices and mix well.
Add macaroni and toss in masala.
Add tomato ketchup and 2-3 tbsp of water, cook for another 2 minutes, tossing the macaroni. Add chopped fresh cilantro/coriander and serve hot.
- Pav Bhaji Masala is available at Indian Grocery stores. It is optional, you can skip it if you want, add garam masala instead.