Paneer Bhurji, scrambled Paneer(Indian Cottage Cheese) cooked in onion tomato masala served with chapatis, paranthas or any bread or dinner rolls of your choice. How to make Paneer Bhurji.
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh scrambled Paneer around 150 gms
- 1-2 Onions (Medium)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/2 capsicum(finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 1-2 Green Chilies
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder(optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil/Desi Ghee/Butter
In a non-stick pan or kadhai, heat oil, add cumin seeds, when seeds crackle, add finely chopped onions, green chillies, fry till translucent pink.
Add chopped capsicum and saute for few seconds.
Add chopped tomatoes and cook till soft and mushy. Add red chilli powder if using. Mix well.
Add scrambled paneer. Mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes till Paneer is crispy. Do not over fry Paneer as it can be become hard.
Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro/coriander leaves.
- Boiled Peas can be added instead of capsicum or with it.
- Add a tsp of kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves while cooking tomatoes, it will enhance the flavour.
- Add scrambled Tofu for vegan option.