Fudgy Almond Chocolate Cake
A gluten-free, sugar-free and eggless vegan chocolate cake with the goodness of Almond flour, the sweetness of coconut sugar. Frosted in a light chocolate ganache made with Almond milk, a perfect guilt-free treat for all ages groups!!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 slices
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Almond Essence optional
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
To make Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
For Chocolate Ganache
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 3/4 Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips/Chocolate Use dairy-free chocolate for vegan option.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Pre-heat oven to 350F or 180C.
Prepare buttermilk. Add apple cider vinegar to milk and let it stand for a few minutes.
In a bowl sift together almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a bowl, beat coconut sugar and olive oil and almond essence and vanilla essence.
Add the almond flour mix and gradually add the buttermilk and lightly fold the batter.
Transfer batter to a 6"round cake pan lined with butter paper, and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
After 25 minutes, check for doneness using a toothpick, there should be crumbs on the toothpick. Don't wait to come out clean, as it continues to bake even when out of oven.
Cool on wire rack. The cake is very soft, take care it doesn't break.
Take milk in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it to 1 min, pausing midway then again heating.
Add the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate to milk. Let it sit in milk for a minute.
Add vanilla essence and mix it vigorously to mix the chocolate well in milk. Beat it for 2-3 minutes. Once it cools, keep in refrigerator to set,. If you want pourable ganache, keep it at room temperature.
Pour the ganache over the cake and spread with the help of a spatula. Decorate the cake with some strawberry slices or the garnish of your choice.
Keep cake in the refrigerator for few minutes before serving. Whenever ready to eat, just slice and enjoy the treat!!
- This recipe gives you a 6" cake (diameter) in a round cake tin. You can adjust the ingredients if you want a bigger cake, for an 8" (diameter) round cake, double the ingredients.
- If not using Coconut sugar or if you want the cake on the sweeter side, use 3/4 cup of sugar. We like mildly sweet desserts so I lower the amount of sugar used when I bake for my family.
- Let the cake cool down completely before frosting it.
- Cake can be decorated with any frosting. whipped cream tastes awesome just like the Black Forest Cake..
- Cake tastes equally delicious even without any frosting.