Nutella and Nut Gujiyas
Nutella and Nut Gujiya.. Indian Gujiya/empanada/pastry filled with Nutella, Nuts and Coconut flakes. A twist on the traditional Gujiya..
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 8 pieces
- 3/4+2 Cup+tbsp All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 2 Tbsp Semolina
- 1/2 Cup Nutella
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Dried Nuts(Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp Ghee/Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Mix flours and salt together.
Add ghee/ oil and rub into the flour till it gets the bread-crumb like consistency.
Knead to a soft dough using milk. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep it aside.
Finely chop all the nuts. Roast coconut flakes.
In a bowl mix nutella, chopped nuts and coconut.
Divide the dough into equal tennis ball sized portions, roll into a very thin disc, as shown in the pic.
Keep a tbsp of filling in the center, and fold it into half semi-circle. Refer the pics.
Put the maid aslurry to seal the edges and press the sides with fork.
Heat oil in kadhai or heavy bottom pan. Drop gujiyas one oby one in warm oil. Please take care that the oil should not be hot, else gujiyas will not cook from inside, and outer covering will bubble up.
Fry till light brown, take out once done on a kitchen towel.
Roll in coconut flakes or drizzle some chocolate and enjoy ..
- In place of Nutella you can add melted chocolate or ven chocolate chips with the nuts.
- Choose any nuts of your choice, if you have Hazelnuts that will be a great addition to these gujiyas.
- Want to bake the Gujiyas?? Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C, and bake for around 30 mins.Give milk wash before baking.