A light and hearty low calorie and low in fat snack of murmura or puffed rice and chana/roasted chickpeas without skins. Perfect for Mid-morning or evening time hunger pangs.
- 2 Cups Murmura/Rice Puffs
- 1 Cup Chane/Roasted Chickpeas without skin
- 2 Tsp Mustard Oil/Any flavorless oil
- 1 Tsp Jeera/Cumin Seeds
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- 1-2 Dry Red Chillies
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Mango Powder optional
- Salt(to taste)
Heat oil in a non-stick or heavy bottomed pan , add curry leaves,cumin seeds, dry red chilies. Add roasted chana and saute for l4-5 minutes, till the chana turn dark brown in color. Take care not burn Chana.
Add the spices and murmura and mix well. Saute for 2-3 minutes, check for the crunchiness of murmura. Roasting the murmura makes it more crispy and crunchy.
Once done, transfer to another bowl or plate, let it cool and store in an air-tight container.
- You can add peanuts, cashews or almonds as per your choice.
- Roasted Chana/Chickpeas without skin are available in Indian grocery stores(outside India).
- Use any other oil instead of mustard oil.
- If using mustard oil, heat it till smoking point, let it cool a little add curry leaves and jeera prepare murmura.