Eggless Blondies recipe with Cookie Butter(Speculous) and
Blondies!! Why these are called Blondies?? This is what my daughter and hubby asked me when they tasted my very first trial of Blondies. I still remember, 4-5 years back while I made Truffles for a client I had some melted white chocolate that I used for coating truffles and cake pops, was left. I didn't want to make any more chocolates using it, so I googled recipes using white chocolate. It was when I discovered this wonderful dessert without chocolate. My first trial of baking Blondies was with Peanut butter and my daughter and hubby totally loved these. Since then I have made these Blondies for my clients, family and friends with different flavors and nuts. Popularly known to many as Brownies without chocolate(dark or milk)or with white chocolate, but for me, these are a dessert with their own deliciousness. These delicious bars are subtle in flavor that comes from brown sugar and white chocolate along with the added flavors like Peanut Butter or Cookie Butter, Vanilla or Hazelnut or nuts!!
It's festival time and desserts form an important part of everyone's celebrations. Diwali is one of the biggest festival for us Indians where we meet our loved ones, exchange sweets and gifts and celebrate with good food. Making and serving traditional sweets has its own charm but these days desserts with chocolate or baked treats are also getting popular. Every year while I was India I used to do Dessert Baskets for my clients and friends with Homemade Chocolates, Dessert Jar, Brownies, Cupcakes, Truffles, Cake pop, cookies etc. These Blondies can make a perfect gift for your loved ones, can be a nice addition to traditional Indian sweets. So make these brownies on your special occasion or just like that. Kids will absolutely love these and so do adults. If you are not a fan of Chocolate like me then I am sure you too will love these!!
Making these blondies is quite easy, no fuss in making these, just melt butter and white chocolate. The best thing about this in spite of being egg-free it has a paper-thin crackle on the top. Chia seeds gel is used as the egg-replacer here. I usually use yogurt/buttermilk as egg-replacer in my bakes, recently I discovered this Chia seeds gel another wonderful egg-replacer that I use often in my baking. Check out my recipe for Eggless Chia-Spiced Whole Wheat Apple Cake recipe that uses Chia seed gel.
Cookie Butter is another yummy ingredient added to these Blondies. I got introduced with this yummy jar of Cookie Butter when I moved to the USA. During one of my visit to the store in initial days here, I saw something called Cookie Butter, and out of curiosity I just picked up after reading the ingredients and as soon we immediately fell in love with it on our first spoon full bite. Though I try to keep myself away from it as it is rich in calories and sugar, but I don't mind having a spoonful at times whenever I carve for something sweet. I think it is still not available in India. If you don't have cookie butter than you can add peanut butter or just increase the amount of brown sugar.
Let's see how I make these yumm Blondies..
Simple and super easy Eggless Blondie recipe with Cookie Butter. The recipe is adaptable too.. Learn how to make Eggless Blondie with simple ingredients
- All-purpose Flour(Maida)-1 Cup
- Brown Sugar-1/2 Cup
- Cookie Butter/Peanut Butter-1/2 Cup
- Unsalted Butter-1/2 Cup
- Baking Powder-1 Tsp
- White Chocolate Chips- 1 Cup
- Salt- 1/2 Tsp
- Milk- 1/4 Cup
- Chia seeds-1 Tsp
- Water for making Chia gel- 2-3 Tbsp
- In a bowl, add the chia seeds and water and keep aside for before you start preparing for blondies.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a heatproof or microwave safe bowl add butter and cookie butter and white chocolate chips. Mix together and on a double boiler or in microwave melt the butter and white chocolate. If melting in the microwave, do it in 30 sec, intervals, once stirring everything. This whole process takes around 2-3 minutes in the microwave or approx 5 minutes on double boiler.
- Once the butters and chocolate are melted, add and nicely mix in sugar.
- Add Chia gel and mix.
- Fold in the flour and white chocolate chips with light hands and mix the batter, add milk to adjust the consistency of the batter. Dust the white chocolate chips lightly with flour so that these don't sink to the bottom.
- Transfer in a square pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F or 162°C for 25 minutes.
- To check for doneness, insert a toothpick in the center and it will come out with crumbs. Also, the top will have paper thin crackle.
- Take out of the oven and after 2 mins. carefully transfer blondies to a wire rack to cool.
- When completely cooled, cut into square pieces and enjoy the treat!!
- Few of the images of the batter in baking pan before baking and on a cooling rack are missing .. will soon update these.
- Use Peanut Butter if you don't have Cookie Butter and add 1/4 Cup of brown sugar.
- In place of White Chocolate Chips use any white chocolate.
- Chia seeds can be replaced with flax meal(grind flax seeds, mix in water and make the flax gel.
- White Chocolate takes time to melt and can leave fat if overheated, so melt in short intervals of 20-30 sec at a time.
- Yogurt or buttermilk also can be added if Chia and Flax Seeds are not available. Add 2-3 Tbsp of 1/4 and add carefully milk if only the batter is thick else omit milk.
So make some delicious Blondies along with other sweets and treats, pack nicely and gift to your loved ones. Best enjoyed without anything but you can always spread some Nutella or some more cookie butter or peanut butter, drizzle with some white chocolate. These stay good for a week out of the refrigerator.
I am taking these to Fiesta Friday. The co-hosts of the party this week are Judi @ cookingwithauntjuju.com and Alex @ Turks Who Eat. This is my first post there. Looking forward to having a great time there and know some wonderful people!!
Do give feedback in comments and whenever you make these do share the pics on my FB page or tag me on Instagram. You can also Pin the recipe for later use.
Join me in my food trails by following the blog and on my social media accounts. Click on the icons on the sidebar for joining in. If you like my work do share this with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by. Keep coming back.
Related Post.. Eggless Brownies, Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Fudge
The blondies look simply superb and perfectly made. Would love to make them sometime soon to enjoy with a cup of evening coffee
Cookie butter !!! sounds interesting 😉 by the way I have not tried my hand in blondies yet. Yours seems a perfect one to try swaty. Love those cute shapes ...
This will be perfect for kids parties. Looks yummy and flavorful! I will make vegan version of this recipe.
I am a bog fan of biscoff cookies and I can;t wait to get my hands on some cookie butter. I would lick the whole bottle by itself. These blondies are just perfect for the sweet tooth craving. Love the recipe!
Thanks Sandhaya!! Share the same emotions for biscoff?
oh we love biscoff! kids cannot keep their hands off the jar, i try to avoid it for the same reason!blondies look delicious!
"Blondies" sound to be delicious with melting yum in the mouth. This looks perfectly inviting with easy ingredients.
Now you've got me wondering what cookie butter tastes like. I will have to look for it whenever I visit US. As for the blondies, I once tried the recipe and it failed. Now I have your recipe to follow. Love the idea of using chia seeds to replace eggs.
Cookie butter is so addictive ask anyone here!!! I don’t like too much of sweet things but I have to keep my hands away from it?.. do try it whenever you can grab it.. and do try these bloodies ..glad to you liked the recipe.
Eggless blondies with cookie butter sound so yummy.i love blondies and this recipe of yours tempting me to make it soon.
Blondies have come out perfect.
Beautifully baked blondies. I LOVE cookie butter in just about everything 🙂 These blondies sound just perfect to use it. Great edible gift for the holidays.
I have not used cookie butter in bakes. This sounds like a wonderful recipe to include cookie butter in bakes.
perfectly baked blondies.
Angie | Fiesta Friday
Welcome to Fiesta Friday! Your blondies look delicious!
Thanks Angie!! Looking forward to being more dishes to your party!!
My apologies - when I am a co-host I always try to view every link and for some reason I missed yours. Your blondies are a hit I'm sure with Fiesta Friday as we all love a good sweet. Biscoff is a new ingredient for me - I will have to look for it at the grocery. Thanks for sharing and please come back again...
Thanks for your generous words!! Biscoff is delicious and I use it for cookies, tea cakes and now blondies!! Don give it a try.. any cookie butter can be substituted for biscoff..
I am crazy over Biscoff spread so I know that I'd love these! Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday party!
Biscoff is my and my kids favorite too.. you are going to love these !!
Great recipe! Sounds absolutely delicious.
Thanks and yes these are delicious!!