Soft and Chewy Chocolate Halloween cookies are fun, easy to make and delicious. These chocolate cookies are perfect for Halloween with M&Ms (use the seasonal Ghoul mix) and Candy Eyes that give these a spooky monster look.
Chocolate Halloween cookies are a crowd pleaser. These are crispy from edges with a fudgy center. Looking for easy and quick last minute Halloween Treat.. Make these insanely delicious cookies with rich chocolate taste and crunch of M&Ms in every bite.
- About the Recipe
- Monster Halloween Cookies
- Ingredients to make Halloween Chocolate Cookie
- How to make Monster Halloween Cookies
- Tips for perfect Soft and Fudgy cookies
- Variations for these Halloween Chocolate Cookies
- Storing and Shelf Life of Cookies
- More Cookie Recipes from my blog that you may love to bake for your loved ones
- Recipe Card
- Halloween Cookies
About the Recipe
This Halloween treat yourself and your loved ones these irresistible cookies with fudgy center. The mix of sweet and bittersweet flavours and crunch of M&Ms in every bite will cast a magical spell on your taste buds. Savor these cookies with a warm glass of hot chocolate or enjoy just like that.
Monster Halloween Cookies
Other than serving and distributing your regular candies in trick o treat, treat your little monsters with these cookies which are made with health friendly ingredients. The addition of M&Ms and candy eyes make these a perfect cookie to add and serve in your Halloween dessert platter.
Ingredients to make Halloween Chocolate Cookie
Flour- I have used Whole Wheat Flour(with less bran) in the cookie. You can use All purpose flour or a mix of both. You can also add oats flour. The total amount of flour in the recipe should be around 3/4 cup in any proportion of the variety of flour used.
Cocoa Powder- Use Dutch processed cocoa, as it will give more dark color. I was not able to source it online (out of stock) so used regular cocoa. You can use black cocoa also if you can get it at your nearby store or online.
Sugar- Combination of white and brown sugar. Brown sugar makes the cookies soft and chewy and white sugar makes it crisp. So, by adding both the kinds we can keep a balance in the texture.
Leavening Agents- Baking soda is the leavening agent used in the recipe. It makes the cookies spread more.
Fat- Use unsalted/salted butter. Add 1/4 tsp salt when using unsalted butter.
Liquid-These are eggless cookies, so I have used milk to bind the cookie dough and add moisture to cookies.
Others- Vanilla Essence for flavour, M&Ms, Candy eyes for the spooky look. You can also add Halloween sprinkles
How to make Monster Halloween Cookies
In a mixing bowl, take softened butter and add both the sugars. Mix nicely. Do not over beat as it will incorporate more air and cookies may become cakey.
Add vanilla essence and the add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt (when using unsalted butter). Fold the dough lightly. Do not overmix.
Add the color when using and mix nicely.
Now add the M&M's and fold that dough.
Chill the dough for at least 15 mins-30 mins.
Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180C or 350F.
When ready to bake, take out the dough, take out portion of dough and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment/baking paper. Keep some space between the cookies as the cookies will spread.
Add the candy eyes to the dough.
Bake for about 12-15 mins. at 180C or 350F.
When done, cool the cookies completely and store in dry air tight container.
Tips for perfect Soft and Fudgy cookies
All the ingredients should be at room temperature.
Do not over beat the dough while mixing.
Keep a check on the temperature of oven, use a good quality oven thermometer.
If the cookies do not spread much, then lightly press the cookies after baking when still warm or just out of oven.
Variations for these Halloween Chocolate Cookies
You can make these Chocolate cookies on other occasions also. Replace the Ghoul M&M mix with the simple chocolate chips(white/milk/dark). Or add chopped nuts like almonds, pecans and walnuts.
Add Holiday or any other festive sprinkles or M&Ms and treat your loved ones.
When not making for kids, you can add a tsp of Instant coffee powder, this brings out the chocolate flavour and also gives cookie a darker shade.
Storing and Shelf Life of Cookies
Store these cookies in an air tight container and finish within a week. You can also refrigerate the cookies. Refrigerated cookies stays good for about 10 days. The texture may differ on refrigerate or keeping for long time.
Baked cookies stay good for about 2 months in freezer. To freeze the baked cookies, cool the cookies completely, line them on parchment paper Then transfer to zip lock bag along with parchment paper, squeeze out the extra air and store flat. You can stack multiple cookie pouches.
You can freeze the cookie dough for about a month and bake as and when required. For convenience, you can divide the dough in small cookie portions and freeze each portion. Store the frozen cookie portion in freezer friendly zip lock bags or freezer friendly containers. If your work keeps you busy then it is a good option to freeze the dough a couple of days before the Halloween.
Thaw the cookie dough in refrigerator and bake in preheated oven . Or, you can bake the frozen dough also, add a couple of extra minutes to baking time and keep and eye on the cookies after 15 mins.
More Cookie Recipes from my blog that you may love to bake for your loved ones
- ¾ cup Whole Wheat Flour or APF/Maida
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder or use ¼ cup for less strong chocolate flavour
- ½ cup Butter unsalted/salted
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Raw Cane Sugar or any white sugar(fine)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup M&Ms
- 1/4 cup Candy eyes for monster look
- Take softened butter in a bowl. Add both the sugars and beat till sugars mix with butter and the mixture is light and creamy.½ cup Butter, ¼ cup Brown Sugar, ¼ cup Raw Cane Sugar
- Add vanilla essence and mix.1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- Sift the dry ingredients together.¾ cup Whole Wheat Flour, ½ cup Cocoa Powder, 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Fold the batter to make cookie dough.
- Add about 2-3 tbsp milk if the dough is too dry.¼ cup Milk
- Fold the M&Ms and then again fold lightly.½ cup M&Ms
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 mins.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180C or 350F.
- When ready to bake, take out the dough, take out portion of dough and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment/baking paper. Keep some space between the cookies as the cookies will spread.
- Add the candy eyes to the dough.1/4 cup Candy eyes
- Bake for about 12-15 mins. at 180C or 350F.
- When done, cool the cookies completely and transfer to an air tight container.
- IF the cookies don't spread much, press the cookies lightly with a spoon or spatula, when still warm or just out of the oven. Don't put pressure while pressing as the cookies may crumble.
Make these soft and fudgy cookies for Halloween treat or make the variations on any other occasions or just like that for your little munchkins.
Also, whenever you try the recipe, I will love to hear/share your feedback or any queries in the comment section below. I will try to answer your queries as soon as possible.
A small request, please rate the recipe as per your experience or feedback. Your feedback and ratings help my site in more google visibility and higher google ratings.
If you like my work, then add you mail id in the box below and HIT the SUBSCRIBE button to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by!! Keep coming back!!