Instant Pot Tikka Masala Pasta recipe with homemade Tikka Masala Sauce | Tikka Masala Pasta in Instant Pot
Delicious pasta recipe in Indian flavors, that can be made in jiffy using the store bought or homemade Tikka Masala Sauce.
The recipe is a simple pasta recipe with very mild flavors. I do not add any cheese in the recipe but you can always add cheese of your choice if you want .You may say what’s pasta without cheese?? Do try this and trust me you are going to love this one!!
If you remember few days back I posted my Tikka Masala Sauce. The basic sauce bursting with Indian flavors, that you can use to make curries like Cauliflower Tikka Masala or Paneer Tikka Masala. If you have a batch of this flavorful sauce you can not only make delicious curries but also your favorite everyone’s favorite pasta with vegetables of your choice.
Making Pasta in Instant Pot
My kids love pasta and they love to take it for their lunch in hot boxes. It stays quite warm till their lunch time in school. Also, it is my go to meal(especially dinner time) once a week that I make loaded with veggies of choice. Before I bought my Instant Pot, I used to make pasta the usual way on stove top where I boiled pasta in one pan prepared the sauce and veggies in another. Checkout this easy peasy Penne Pasta in Mariana Sauce.
With Instant Pot I not only save the time but also the extra dishes to wash ;)!!
And with pre-made sauce it is so quick and easy that even my teenage daughter makes it when I am way from home for some work.
Making Pasta in Instant Pot though is easy but a bit tricky and involves a calculation to get tender and soft pasta , without any pasta sticking to the bottom of inner pot.
I have Instant Pot Ultra , but you can cook with the same cooking time in your other Instant Pot Models.
Instant Pot Ultra
Cooking Time for Pasta In Instant Pot
If you are cooking pasta for the first time in Instant Pot, cook time for pasta is just the half the time of the cook time( the lower no.) given on the box instructions.
So if the Pasta Cook Time is 10-12 mins. Set the Pressure Cooker(IP) timer to 5 mins. Do the Quick Release Pressure after 2 mins. This cooks Pasta to Al-Dante. If you want to softer pasta, set Timer to 6 mins.
I have used Penne Pasta, with cooking Time 8-11 mins. So, Instant Pot Cooking Time for this is 4 mins.
Many people keep 1 min. less than the half of actual pasta cooking time. But,I keep 4 mins for soft pasta that my kids like to have. If you like al-dente pasta keep the cooking time to 3 mins.
If adding other veggies, I saute those first and then take out, cook pasta and then add and mix with pasta. This keeps veggies like Bell Peppers Crunchy.
For every 1 Cup of Pasta add about the same amount of water. So if you are cooking 2 cups of pasta then add 2 Cups water.
Another Pasta recipe in Instant Pot —One Pot Creamy Spinach Pasta
Interested in more one pot meals using your Instant Pot checkout.. Instant Pot Rajma Pulao, Sambhar Rice/Sambhar Sadam,Vegetarian Nacho Soup,Broccoli and Mushroom Pulao, Vegetable Biryani in Instant Pot , Sprouted Moong Pulao and many more..
For curry and dal/lentils and soup recipes in Instant Click here
Can I make Tikka Masala Pasta without Instant Pot
In case you don’t have Instant Pot you can still make it. Make it in Indian Style stove -top Pressure Cooker. Pls see recipe card for details.
Or, boil pasta as per package instructions, in a pan. Prepare veggies and sauce in another pan, mix with pasta and serve.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Tikka Masala Pasta
We need very basic ingredients for Tikka Masala Pasta..
Your favorite Pasta( I prefer Penne for the recipe),
Tikka Masala Sauce (homemade or store bought)
Veggies of choice( I used Zucchini, mixed bell peppers). You can add broccoli, mushrooms, peas and carrots also.
Seasoning, Chilli flakes and for extra flavor.
Shop Related products:
Recipe Card for Tikka Masala Pasta
Instant Pot Tikka Masala Pasta
- Instant Pot
- 8 oz Penne Pasta about 2 cups
- 1 Cup Tikka Masala Sauce see notes
- Mixed Vegetables as required
- Garam Masala or Italian Seasoning or as required
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder or 1-2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley or as required
- Chilli Flakes(optional) as required
- Make Tikka Masala Sauce as per the instructions in the Tikka Masala post. Checkout notes for the link. Or use pre-made Tikka Masala Sauce.
- Switch on the Instant Pot at SAUTE MODE for 5 mins.
- Once the display shows hot, add oil.
- Add garlic Powder and add chopped mixed veggies.
- Saute for 2 mins. Then take out veggies in a bowl and keep aside.
- Add tikka masala sauce , add salt and other seasoning like garam masala if required.
- Add pasta, salt and add about 2 cups of water. Water content should be equal to the amount of pasta added.
- Cancel the saute Mode, cover and lock the lid.
- Set the PRESSURE COOK MODE on for 4 mins. and press the start button.
- After the finish time wait for about 2 mins. then do the QPP (Quick Pressure Release).
- Open the lid, check Pasta.
- Add sauteed veggies and mix lightly.
- Add cheese or cream if you want. I do not add any cheese to it as me and hubby like to have it as it is. Even kids want very less topping of cheese on it.
- Sprinkle some seasoning on it and enjoy it warm.
To make it in Indian Style Stove Top Pressure Cooker
- Switch in the gas stove at medium heat. Follow steps till adding pasta and sauce. Add 2 cups water close the lid and cook till 2 whistles.
- Let the pressure go off naturally and then open lid check if pasta is done.
- Add more seasoning and cheese if you want.
- Serve hot.
Do make Pasta with Tikka Masala Pasta. You can adjust the spices and seasoning and serve it to kids too, with added cheese.
Whenever you make it, do give me your feedback in comments. You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!