Homemade Dabeli Masala Recipe | How to make masala to make Kutchi Dabeli Masala
Homemade Dabeli Masala Mix or Spice mix, is used to make the popular Gujarati Snack DABELI, also popular as Kutchi Dabeli.
Flavorful and fresh Dabeli Masala mix with easily available ingredients(spices) at home.
A couple of easily available spices in your kitchen are needed to make Dabeli spice mix at home.
It is a no fuss recipe and you can make fresh spice mix in just 10 mins.
Here is the list of ingredients that are required to make the masala at home which is just as good as the store bought one.
Whole Spices– Bay Leaves, Cinnamon Stick, Whole Dry Red Chilies, Star Anise, Coriander Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Cloves, Black Peppercorns,
Powdered Spices– Red Chilli Powder, Dry Mango Powder(Amchur), Dry Ginger Powder, Black Salt.
Dry Coconut– A must add in the recipe. You can take grated or use finely chopped.
Others– Sugar, Oil
How to make Dabeli Masala at home
For detailed ingredients and method go to recipe cardJump to Recipe
Simple steps to make Kutchi Masala
- Dry roast all the whole spices, then add coconut(grated/thinly cut slices) roast till the spices give a nice aroma.
- Cool the roasted whole spices and then
- Add powdered spices and then mix well.
- Finally, add oil and sugar, again blend everything well.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Shelf life of Homemade Dabeli Masala
The masala can be stored for about 9-10 months in refrigerator in an air-tight bottle.
How we can use Dabeli Masala
Not only to make Dabeli but you can also add the spice mix in stir fry’s, veggies or fried rice. You can also use the potato mix with Dabeli masala as stuffing in sandwiches and paratha.
Checkout other homemade masalas or spice mix from the blog-
Homemade Dabeli Masala
- High Speed Grinder/ Blender/ Coffee Grinder
- ¼ Cup Coriander Seeds
- 2-3 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 Whole Dry Red Chillies
- 1-2 Bay Leaves
- Cinnamon Stick(small)
- 4-5 Cloves
- 4-5 Black Peppercorns
- 1-2 Star Anise
- 1 tsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1-2 tsp Red Chilli Powder(Paprika)
- 2 tsp Black Salt adjust as per taste
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Dry Coconut
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Sugar
- Dry roast all the whole spices together.
- When you smell light aroma of spices, add coconut and roast again for a few minutes till it gives aroma of roasted coconut.
- Next add sesame seeds, roast for 1 min.
- Cool all the roasted spices.
- Transfer to the grinder jar, grind to coarse powder.
- Then, add powdered spices again give 1-2 pulses to mix the spices well.
- Take out the masala in a bowl, add oil and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Store in air-tight container and refrigerate.
Do make this spicy Dabeli Masala at home and try out the Dabeli if you still haven’t tasted this delicious snack. Or, make your favorite street food any time and enjoy with your loved ones.
Whenever you make it do post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use. If you like the recipe, pls do rate the recipe. Rating tab is just above the comments. Rating helps to make my blog more visible in Google searches and more people can discover my blog.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!!