A cheesy make-ahead appetizer or snack so perfect for your parties.. Cheesy Jalapeno poppers!!
Golden and crispy from outside with crunchy jalapeno filled with a cheesy center. Jalapeno poppers can be called as the Mexican version of our desi ( Indian) Mirchi Vada a chilli fritter which is filled with a spicy potato filling popular in the state of Rajasthan.
Jalapeno poppers make perfect party snack for your potlucks, game nights or movie nights. These can be prepared ahead of your party and reheated in the oven just before serving with tomato-ketchup or any cheesy dip of your choice. My daughter loves these cheesy poppers as these are on the spicier side, my 7 yr old is not much of a fan due to the heat in these, though he loves the gooey cheesy filling.
I made these Jalapeno poppers this Sunday evening for my blog post for Blogging Marathon Week 3 Day 1, where this week's theme for me is Deep Fried Love. In my another group FoodieMonday Blog hop theme is Christmas Special, where all the group members are making something special for Christmas time.
We enjoyed these with hot carrot and tomato soup (recipe coming next) along with our favourite weekend snack Garlic bread. My daughter told me that I should make these often, baked version if not the fried one. I am thinking of making these again as we are expecting some guests during Christmas weekend.
Jalapenos are the hot peppers from the Chilli family but not that hot like the Green Chilli that we Indians prefer. The chilli is used in a wide range of Mexican dishes and dips. Jalapenos are rich in Vitamins and help in promoting weight loss, helps in fighting cancer, prevents bacteria related infections and stomach ulcers. But people should also be careful while eating these as Jalapenos act very weird many times. Sometimes very spicy and sometimes mildly spicy. Those who are prone to acidity should avoid having these in a large amount and having some antacid or acid cutting food along with it always helps.
Let's quickly get to the recipe for these Cheesy Party Appetizers.
Cheesy Jalapeno Poppers
- 8-10 nos. Jalapenos small/medium sized
- 2-4 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 2-4 Tbsp Mixed Cheese Blend Use any of your choice
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Flakes as per your choice
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/4 Tsp Oregano
- 1/4+1/2 Cup Corn Flour
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Salt as per taste to mix in the cornflour and slurry
- Wash and pat dry Jalapenos.
- Make a slit lengthwise in the middle from head to the end of the chilli. Don't cut it in half.
- Using a tsp, scoop out the seeds carefully without cut through the cap.
- Mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix 1/4 cup and half of the all-purpose flour mix in a pinch of salt..
- In a plate take breadcrumbs and make another bowl make a thick slurry using cornflour with water.
- Carefully fill all the jalapenos with the fillings. Don't overstuff the jalapenos as the cheese melts while frying/baking and can ooze out of the chili and get burnt.
- Place filled jalapeno in the flour plate, coat with the flour, next dip into the slurry and then coat in breadcrumbs. You can repeat the steps of dipping cornflour slurry and then in breadcrumbs if you feel jalapeno is not coated properly.
- Refrigerate the filled and coated jalapenos for 10-15.
- Heat oil for frying heavy bottomed pan/kadhai and fry the jalapenos carefully in hot oil.
- Take out once the outside coat starts getting golden brown. Keep on a kitchen towel to soak the extra oil.
- Serve with the dip of your choice or tomato-ketchup. Re-heat in the oven before serving. Please do not microwave as these can become soggy.
- You can cut the poppers to bite-sized pieces if you have used large poppers.
- Many recipes use milk or beaten egg, as a binder to coat the jalapenos. You can use any as per your preference.
- Filled jalapenos may burst while frying in hot oil as cheese inside these melts and expands. Also, the skin leaves the water, so one has to be careful while frying.
Cut into bite-sized pieces if you used large jalapenos. For that use a sharp knife and cut through in one go. Scroll for below pics if not visible.
Make these yummy poppers for your upcoming parties and get-togethers and enjoy the cheesy bites. We like to have these with tomato-ketchup, you can enjoy these with any dip or sauce of your choice.
Take care when cutting chilies and scooping out the seeds. If you have a sensitive skin you can use kitchen gloves while cutting. If your hands feel itchy or burn after cutting the chilies wash hand with soap and apply coconut oil or any good moisturizer on your hands.
Check out other party snacks and appetizers from the blog.. Crunchy Paneer Nuggets, Aloo Poha Cutlets, Chilly Paneer, Masala Idlli, Chana Dal and Yam Kebabs, Red Kidney Beans and Spinach Cutlets and many more...
Taking my Cheesy Jalapeno Poppers to Foodie Monday Blog hop #175 Christmas Special.
Also, sending to #95 Blogging Marathon, Day1 Week 3 under the Deep Fried Love theme.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#95.
Also, taking to Fiesta Friday #254 by Angie, co-hosted by Antonia @ Zoale.com and Kat @ Kat’s 9 Lives
Do give me your feedback and when you make this do post a pic on any of my social media pages.. FB page or tag me on Instagram. You can also Pin the recipe for later use. You can also find my recipes on Google+. It will a small token of your appreciation for my work and keeps me motivated to bring good, authentic, tried and tested recipes to you.
Join me in my FoodTrails by following the blog, click on the FOLLOW button and on my social media accounts. Click on the icons on the sidebar for joining in. If you like my work, do share my blog with your loved ones.
Oh my god, i really want some now!! this is really tempting, that filling and fried, can imagine the flavor burst in the mouth!
Those do look tasty.
Seema Doraiswamy Sriram
Ahhh, I shall wait for Autumn to get these up. I kinnd of love the wind and the falling leaves to get to these.
wow thats so awesome Swati, these jalapeno poppersfried looks so tempting and mouthwatering. now all I want a cup of tea and some bites.
Sasmita Sahoo Samanta
Cheesy Jalapeno poppers are super tempting sweetie ? Love to pick right away from screen itself !! Lovely share
Oh wow these poppers look amazing, I won't mind having some right now Swati!..very nicely prepared..
Cheesy jalapeño poppers is such a wonderful treat.Looks crisp and flavorful. Fab share.
this is a very common bar food or diner food here in the US but I am sure your home made version is better than any I have ever had!
OMG! Me drooling here. Been ages since I made something like this spicy and stuffed and cheesy and deep fried.!!!! Pass the plate!
Perfect looking, cheesey, crunchy, spicy jalapeño poppers! These look great, Swati! I have some cream cheese to experiment with, and I think this is the direction they will be going!
Thanks Sujatiji!! Do try these!!
Omg, absolutely crispy and tremendously tempting. Prefect snack for chilled weather, am in love with this poppers.
These cheesy jalepeno poppers look very inviting and crispy. Perfect tea time snack for the weather here. Bookmarking the recipe.
wow...these poppers looks absolutely delish. Want to try this recipe
These are jazzed up milagai bajjis and they look super inviting. Love the chesse stuffing so much.
Jalapeno poppers look well made and inviting.
Agree with you on the spice level of jalapeño peppers. Sometimes very spicy and sometimes very mild. Deep fried poppers sound good. I make bacon wrapped poppers. Should try this version of deep fried ones next time I am in mood Forbes deep fried food.
Wow, those jalapeno poppers look so cheesy and inviting. Love that crispy crust and the creamy filling -- perfect tea time snack.
Swaty, I've yet to taste jalapeño poppers. Your recipe is tempting me to try out this recipe. Love how crunchy the coating looks. Bookmarked this recipe.
Batter Up With Sujata
I love jalapeño. And these fritters looks so inviting. Perfect crisp and delicious. Superb share.
Sinfully delicious! Perfect Appetizers for parties and since I am a major chilli lover, this snack is right up my alley! Give me some chai and a plate of this and I am one happy gal.
These stuffed videsi mirchi vadas are so much fun in the party ! Must have been a great treat to dig into
The Girl Next Door
Wow, these Cheesy Jalapeño Poppers look so good! They are one of my most favourite appetisers of all time. 🙂