Pizza crackers, an easy bite sized snack with pizza topping that is ready under 10 minutes. Perfect for kids party, get-together or potlucks. Though I don't get store-bought cookies as I do a lot of baking and make my own, but I like some of the branded Pita crackers, that I sometimes pack for kids snack box with hummus or any cheesy dip. Last week we all were down with cold and cough and the whole week went by having soups and light food. Kids demanded something different for Saturday movie night(it's winters here and can't take kids out anywhere, so Saturdays we usually watch some good movie).
I made these cheesy pizza crackers using the store-bought Pita crackers. Sometimes the ready-made stuff comes so handy.. just assemble all the ingredients for toppings and it's ready in a few minutes. I won't do much of the talking, let's see how I made these easy peasy pizza crackers.
How to Make Pizza Crackers..
- 16 Crackers (Ritz, Monaco or any other savoury ones)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese or any other melting cheese
- 1/2 Cup Finely Sliced Onion
- 2-3 Tbsp Finely chopped Bell Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Pizza/Pasta Sauce or Tomato Ketchup
- Italian Seasoning, Red Chilli Flakes for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Arrange the crackers in a baking tray.
- Mix all the other ingredients. Reserve half of the sauce to spread on the crackers.
- Spread the sauce on the crackers and add the toppings.
- Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Garnish with seasoning and serve immediately.
Make these for your parties or whenever you want something quick and easy for the movie night or game night or just like that!! My little one helped me in putting the toppings, it's fun when kids help in cooking or baking. Enjoy with soups or any drink of your choice!!
I am taking my Pizza Crackers to my newly joined group Healthy WeLLthy Cuisines, where the theme this fortnight is "Twist With Biscuits" ?#?twistwithbiscuitatHW?. Biscuits in India and in many European countries are cookies or savoury crackers unlike in America where biscuits are like scones . The first idea that came to my mind was make some cheesecake or trifle or a tart for the theme. But then this weekend I made these delicious Pizza bites, so thought of going with it. Desserts, I am keeping for the coming Valentine season!! I am looking forward to doing some good posts for the interesting themes that are decided every fortnight.
Check on the other Twist with Biscuits recipes by the fellow bloggers..
- Biscuit Cake by Geetanjali Tung
- No Bake Swiss Roll by Jayashree Rao
- Easy Fruit Trifle by Mayuri Petal
- Biscuit Cake by Poonam Bachhav
- Cheeslings Chaat by Priya Iyer
- Marie Biscuit Cake by Rosy Nayak
- Biscuit Bhel by Shalu Jain
- Oreo Energy Bites by Sasmita Sahoo Samanta
- Chocolate Nutella Tart by Vanitha Bhat
- Carrot Paneer Mousse by Veena Krishna Kumar
Do try this easy and light pizza crackers, and give let me know how you liked it!! I will love to see the pics on any of my social media pages..FB or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25) whenever your try. You can also Pin the recipe for later use.
Join me in my food trails by following the blog and on my social media accounts. If you like my work do share this with your loved ones.