Vegan and Gluten-free Hummus Recipe | Learn how to make best creamy homemade Hummus
Here I am sharing today a very healthy, easy and quick to make Mediterranean dip made with everyone’s favourite Chickpeas. Best Creamy Homemade Hummus !!
Now forget your regular store bought hummus, make your own hummus within minutes for any time snacking. And the best part is that no need to buy a separate jar of Tahini. We make this Hummus with homemade Tahini, that you can make fresh as per your requirement.
What is Hummus
Hummus, a Middle Eastern dip/appetizer that is just irresistible. Used as a dip with chips, crackers, pita or as an accomplishment to many Middle Eastern dishes. In recent years it’s popularity has increased worldwide. Stores all over the world have Hummus in different flavors on their shelves.
For those who are not familiar with Hummus, it is a dip that is made with boiled chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, and tahini.
Tahini is again a middle eastern sauce made with roasted sesame seeds and olive oil, that is used in many dishes in Middle Eastern Cuisine.
Ingredients to make Hummus
Making Hummus and Tahini is very easy at home. You need few basic ingredients, throw everything in chopper/food processor and a creamy healthy dip is ready in minutes.
Here I am giving you the Roasted Bell Pepper Hummus recipe. I usually make Hummus by adding roasted bell peppers or carrot/ beetroot or even cilantro/coriander.
Chickpeas are the major ingredients of Hummus . These are one of the best sources of proteins and fibers and are gluten-free.
To make Tahini, dry roast sesame seeds in a pan. Once you get the aroma of roasted seeds immediately take off seeds from the pan and let it cool in a separate bowl.
Roasted Bell Pepper– Adds smoky flavour to hummus and light red hue. It is optional and you can
To roast Red Bell Pepper, cut it into slices and grill till the skin is charred. Cool it, scrape the skin and keep aside the flesh. I used 1/2 of the red bell pepper, you can use full one.
Variations of Hummus
Add vegetables like roasted bell peppers, carrots, beetroot, spinach or fruits like mango, strawberries or even chocolate for a fun variations. These vegetables and fruits not only add different colors but also add so much of flavour variation to simple hummus!!
Related–Sweet and Spicy Carrot Hummus
Make ahead Hummus before your parties and serve with different kinds of chips and crackers or even kebabs. We enjoy hummus just the way it is with chips and crackers. Spread it on Parantha(Indian Flatbread) for a quick and healthy after-school snack or lunch/dinner option for kids.
Enjoy with crispy and crunchy pita chips or use as spread for sandwiches, once you try this Hummus you will never go back to your favourite store bought brand.
Recipe Card For Hummus
- 1 Can Cooked Chickpeas 15 Oz /250gm
- 2 tbsp Tahini (can be store bought or homemade)
- 1 Lemon for fresh juice
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper(small) as required
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Flakes as required
- ½ Cup Sesame Seeds
- 2-4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- In the food processor or chopped, take half of the boiled Chickpeas, garlic cloves, tahini, 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil and salt and process 1-2 minutes.
- Stop and scrape the sides and add the remaining half of the chickpeas and roasted bell pepper and until smooth and creamy.
- Add one or two tbsp of water to adjust the consistency. Adjust salt to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl or in an airtight container if you want to store. Stays good for a week when refrigerated.
For Roasted Bell Pepper
- Cut it into slices and grill till the skin is charred. Cool it, scrape the skin and keep aside the flesh. I used 1/2 of the red bell pepper, you can use full one.
- Dry roast sesame seeds in a pan over medium heat for one-two minutes until you can smell the aroma roasted sesame seeds. Don't let the seeds turn brown.
- Cool the seeds and grind with Extra Virgin Olive oil, until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a glass bottle or an air-tight container.
- Store in refrigerator. Stays good for about a month.
Do try this creamy homemade Hummus for snacking with your favourite crackers or chips. I am sure you will love as much as we love to have it.
Whenever you make it do post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use. If you like the recipe, pls do rate the recipe. Rating tab is just above the comments. Rating helps to make my blog more visible in Google searches and more people can discover my blog.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!!Advertisements