Learn how to make best crispy Oven baked Chickpeas for snacking
These oven roasted chickpeas are simple and easy to make, crispy and so addictive!!
Protein rich baked chickpeas are great to munch with tea, a quick snack for your little bundles of energy(your kids). You can use these as topping in your salads and enjoy it just like that.
Roasted Chickpeas in the oven!! a delicious snack recipe that I recently came across, while searching for some savory snacks for parties. I cook Chickpeas in typical North Indian style like Chole Masala, Pindi Chole or use it in my Spinach Kabuli Chana Pulao.
Reasons to bake make and keep a batch of Roasted Chickpeas ready in your pantry
- Homemade is the best
- Budget friendly
- Free from preservative
- Amount of oil/fat used can be controlled
- Bake a big batch and flavour small batches with different spices flavours
- These are Vegan, Gluten-free and so delicious!!
Seasonings used for Baked/Roasted Chickpeas
I seasoned the baked chickpeas only with salt, red chilli powder and dried parsley and enjoyed with our evening tea. Kids liked it too and have asked me to make again for their lunchboxes. To make these healthy, nutritious snack very little oil and a minimum of spices are used.
You can season it with any spices that your choice like Chaat Masala or Curry powder. These taste great with Cajun Spice mix, Italian Seasoning or Zaatar seasoning
How to make Oven Roasted Chickpeas
Pre-boiled chickpeas are used for making these baked chickpeas. I used one can of the store bought boiled chickpeas. You can use more than one as per your requirement.
Few tips that one should keep in mind while baking Chickpeas to get the right crunch...
- Drain the liquid completely from the chickpeas.
- Dry the chickpeas completely on a clean kitchen towel or tissue paper.
- Toss the chickpeas in 1-2 tsp of oil depending on the quantity of chickpeas used.
- Keep on tossing the chickpeas after every 15 minutes.
- Season the chickpeas with salt only while putting to bake. Season with other spices once these are done.
- These taste best when fresh and warm. You can make ahead, store in an air-tight container and toast in oven for few minutes before serving.
You can also use home cooked chickpeas. Use your Instant Pot or Stove-top pressure cook to boil it.
Checkout this detailed post How to Cook Dried Chickpeas (Instant Pot and Stove Pressure Cooker Recipe)
Recipe Card for Oven Roasted/Baked Chickpeas
Baked Chickpea Snacks
- 1/7 can /oz Boiled Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil or use any flavourless oil
- Red Chilli Powder/Chilli flakes as required
- Dried Parsley as required
- Strain the chickpeas and liquid from the can, completely. Rinse under the tap water.
- Pat dry the chickpeas completely on a clean kitchen towel or tissue paper. The chickpeas will feel dry and peel off. Discard the peels that come out while washing and drying.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400F or 200C.
- On a dry baking tray, spread the chickpeas, toss with 1 tbsp of oil, and salt and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes at 400 F or 200C.
- In between at the interval of 15 minutes keep on shaking the tray for even baking of chickpeas.
- After 30-40 minutes, chickpeas will be dry and the color will a bit dark as compared to before baking.
- Take out of the oven and toss in the spices and herbs of your choice. Once cooled store in an air-tight container or serve hot.
If you still haven't tried these baked Chickpeas then do try out these. I promise you will love to bake these again for your anytime munching or get-togethers.
Linking this post to MLLA #123, conceptualized by Susan and hosted by Lisa. This month's MLLA is being hosted by Archana, a very talented and experienced blogger, blogging at The Mad Scientist Kitchen.
Do give me your feedback and when you make this do post a pic on any of my social media pages.
Also, whenever you try the recipe, I will love to hear/share your feedback or any queries in the comment section below. I will try to answer your queries as soon as possible.
A small request, please rate the recipe as per your experience or feedback. Your feedback and ratings help my site in more google visibility and higher google ratings.
If you like my work, then add you mail id in the box below and HIT the SUBSCRIBE button to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by!! Keep coming back!!