Mango Chilli Sauce, a delicious Mango Sauce made with ripe mangoes and red chillies.
This Mango Chilli sauce adds so much flavour to your dishes. An easy 10 min. recipe to make one of the best use of mango season. Use it as a dipping sauce, marinade, topping or perk up your salads.
About the Recipe
When it's mango season, everyone makes the best use of this seasonal fruit. Raw or Ripe.. you basically see mangoes everywhere and want to use in every recipe!!.
Sweet Mango Chilli Sauce combines the sweet flavour of mangoes with the spicy whole red chillies. Hint of garlic and ginger lends a out of the world flavour to this sauce. The sauce can be stored in refrigerator for 2-3 months a vinegar acts as a preservative here.
Why I love making this Sauce
- It is an easy and a versatile condiment. I can use it in multiple ways like as a dip, spread on sandwiches or salad dressing.
- It is a no fuss recipe ready within 10 minutes.
- It is Gluten-free and Vegan. So can be served at parties even to people with diet restrictions.
Ingredients to make Mango Chilli Sauce
The ingredients to. make Mango Chilli Sauce are easily available in our pantry. for the exact amount to be used in the recipe, refer to recipe card.
Ripe Juicy Mangoes- Main ingredient of the recipe. Use any local variety. But, mangoes should be sweet and juicy.
Spices such as Red Chilli Flakes, Garlic Cloves, Ginger, Sugar or any other natural sweetener, Vinegar acts as preservative and enhances the taste.
Salt to balance the taste, Cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
Stepwise pics for the method
Where can I use Sweet Mango Chilli Sauce
This sweet and spicy sauce is a great accomplishment to your snacks and starters like spring rolls, pita chips and vegetarian and non-vegetarian snacks and starters.
Mix some cheesy sauce, mayo or hung curd with it and can be used as a spread for your sandwiches. Yes you heard me right on Sandwiches also. The sauce can be added as dressing to your salads for sweet, tangy and spicy kick.It goes very well with cheesy naan bites that I make with leftover naan dough or naan.
You can also use it as a marinade on meats if you are a non vegetarian.
Mango Recipes from the blog that you should definitely try when mangoes are in season
Aam Ras, Mango Mousse, Mango and Cardamom Cupcakes, , Mango Cheesecake Ice cream, Mango Kulfi, Mango Custard Falooda, Mango Summer Cooler, Mango Passion Fruit and Iced Tea, Mango Thandai Lassi, Mango Chilli Sauce, Aamras, Avocado Mango Black Bean Salsa , Mango Strawberry Salsa, Mango Kalakand with Parle G tarts, Tropical Smoothie Bowl
Mango Chilli Sauce
- Chopping Board
- Blender/Chutney Grinder
- 2 Ripe Mangoes
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli flakes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Sugar/any natural sweetener
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt/Table Salt
- 1/2" Ginger piece(small)
- Peel, dice and puree mangoes and half of ginger. Finely chop garlic and rest of the ginger.2 Ripe Mangoes, 1/2" Ginger piece(small)
- In a pan, heat oil, add garlic and ginger and saute for a minute till the raw smell goes away.2 Garlic Cloves, 1 tbsp Olive Oil, 1 tbsp Red Chilli flakes
- Add pureed mangoes , chilli flakes and mix. Cook for a minute, add sweetener, vinegar, water, salt and cook for 2 minutes.1/2 Cup Sugar/any natural sweetener, 2 tbsp Vinegar, 1/2 tsp Black Salt/Table Salt
- Check the consistency, if it too thin add a tsp of cornstarch mixed in 2-3 tbsp of water. Cook till it comes to desired consistency.1 tsp Cornstarch, 1/4 Cup Water
- Let it cook completely and transfer to an airtight glass container. Store in refrigerator and use as required.
Add this sauce recipe to your list of favourite Mango recipes. Trust me you will love this sauce and is going to be a regular on your table. Kids too will love this sweet and spicy sauce with nuggets, spring rolls or with paranthas. Will soon be posting the my Mango Sauce Sandwiches that my kids love.
Also, please rate the recipe as ratings helps to get more visibility on google searches. The rating tab is just above the comments section.
Say Hello!! and visit my social media accounts.. FB, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and You-Tube.
Fill in your mail id to SUBSCRIBE to the blog, won't spam your mailbox ?!!
Thanks for stopping by, keep coming back!!
I can't wait to combine the mango and clove it sounds so interesting to me. THX 🙂
Glad you liked it!! Do try it.
Looks fantastic! Thanks for the recipe 🙂
The mango chili sauce sounds yummy! For me perfect with parathas and puris. Will definitely try this. Wonderful share Swati!!
Thanks Geetanjali!! I love it with parathas!!
The Girl Next Door
I love sweet and tangy sauces with a bit of heat to them, and this one looks just perfect! I have had mango chilli sauce by Sprig and absolutely loved it. Now, I know how to make it at home. 🙂
I love anything mango and this almost made me lick my screen. 😀 Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday party!
Thanks Jhuls!! Glad you like it?
Sounds and looks like a prefect dip for chips as well as chapatis! Lip smacking and mouthwatering with a kick of chilli! Awesome recipe!
Never heard about a mango chili sauce but your post is tempting me to try it out soon. Thanks for the wonderful share Swaty.
Do try it Poonam it is goes very well with our everyday meals and can be used as a salad dressing,
Seema Doraiswamy Sriram
the flavorful and fulfilling sauce here Swaty I can't wait to get my hands on some more mangoes.
Do try it Seema!!