Mango Chilli Sauce, a delicious Mango Sauce made with ripe mangoes and red chillies. This is my version of Thai Mango Chilli Sauce, whichi as sweet and spicy flavours.
This Mango Chilli sauce adds so much flavour to your dishes. An easy 10 min. recipe to make one of the best use of mango season. Use it as a dipping sauce, marinade, topping or perk up your salads.
About the Recipe
When it's mango season, everyone makes the best use of this seasonal fruit. Raw or Ripe.. you basically see mangoes everywhere and want to use in every recipe!!.
Sweet Mango Chilli Sauce combines the sweet flavour of mangoes with the spicy whole red chillies. Hint of garlic and ginger lends a out of the world flavour to this sauce. The sauce can be stored in refrigerator for 2-3 months a vinegar acts as a preservative here.
Why I love making this Sauce
- It is an easy and a versatile condiment. I can use it in multiple ways like as a dip, spread on sandwiches or salad dressing.
- It is a no fuss recipe ready within 10 minutes.
- It is Gluten-free and Vegan. So can be served at parties even to people with diet restrictions.
Ingredients to make Sweet Mango Chilli Sauce
The ingredients to. make Mango Chilli Sauce are easily available in our pantry. for the exact amount to be used in the recipe, refer to recipe card.
Ripe Juicy Mangoes- Main ingredient of the recipe. Use any local variety. But, mangoes should be sweet and juicy.
Spices such as Red Chilli Flakes, Garlic Cloves, Ginger, Sugar or any other natural sweetener, Vinegar acts as preservative and enhances the taste.
Salt to balance the taste, Cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
How to make Sweet Mango Chilli Sauce
Below are the stepwise pics and I have also add a quick video (Youtube Short) for easy understanding. Checkout the detailed procedure steps in recipe card.
Stepwise pics for the method
Where can I use Sweet Mango Chilli Sauce
This sweet and spicy sauce is a great accomplishment to your snacks and starters like spring rolls, pita chips and vegetarian and non-vegetarian snacks and starters.
Mix some cheesy sauce, mayo or hung curd with it and can be used as a spread for your sandwiches. Yes you heard me right on Sandwiches also. The sauce can be added as dressing to your salads for sweet, tangy and spicy kick.It goes very well with cheesy naan bites that I make with leftover naan dough or naan.
You can also use it as a marinade on meats if you are a non vegetarian.
Mango Recipes from the blog that you should definitely try when mangoes are in season
Aam Ras, Mango Mousse, Mango and Cardamom Cupcakes, , Mango Cheesecake Ice cream, Mango Kulfi, Mango Custard Falooda, Mango Summer Cooler, Mango Passion Fruit and Iced Tea, Mango Thandai Lassi, Mango Chilli Sauce, Aamras, Avocado Mango Black Bean Salsa , Mango Strawberry Salsa, Mango Kalakand with Parle G tarts, Tropical Smoothie Bowl
Mango Chilli Sauce
- Chopping Board
- Blender/Chutney Grinder
- 2 Ripe Mangoes
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli flakes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Sugar/any natural sweetener
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt/Table Salt
- 1/2" Ginger piece(small)
- Peel, dice and puree mangoes and half of ginger. Finely chop garlic and rest of the ginger.2 Ripe Mangoes, 1/2" Ginger piece(small)
- In a pan, heat oil, add garlic and ginger and saute for a minute till the raw smell goes away.2 Garlic Cloves, 1 tbsp Olive Oil, 1 tbsp Red Chilli flakes
- Add pureed mangoes , chilli flakes and mix. Cook for a minute, add sweetener, vinegar, water, salt and cook for 2 minutes.1/2 Cup Sugar/any natural sweetener, 2 tbsp Vinegar, 1/2 tsp Black Salt/Table Salt
- Check the consistency, if it too thin add a tsp of cornstarch mixed in 2-3 tbsp of water. Cook till it comes to desired consistency.1 tsp Cornstarch, 1/4 Cup Water
- Let it cook completely and transfer to an airtight glass container. Store in refrigerator and use as required.
Add this sauce recipe to your list of favourite Mango recipes. Trust me you will love this sauce and is going to be a regular on your table. Kids too will love this sweet and spicy sauce with nuggets, spring rolls or with paranthas. Will soon be posting the my Mango Sauce Sandwiches that my kids love.
Also, whenever you try the recipe, I will love to hear/share your feedback or any queries in the comment section below. I will try to answer your queries as soon as possible.
A small request, please rate the recipe as per your experience or feedback. Your feedback and ratings help my site in more google visibility and higher google ratings.
If you like my work, then add you mail id in the box below and HIT the SUBSCRIBE button to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by!! Keep coming back!!