Palak Paneer Parantha Recipe | How to make Palak Paneer Paratha | Spinach and Indian Cottage Cheese Paratha
Healthy and delicious Palak Paneer Paratha with nutritious flour, spinach puree and paneer filling for breakfast/ brunch or dinner.
Palak Paneer needs no introduction. It is one of the most favourite curries and a delicious way to include spinach in our meals. It is loved by vegetarians especially all over the world and one of the most ordered dishes in Indian restaurants. Here I bring you another dish with the combination of these two ingredients-PALAK PANEER PRATHA.
A delicious shallow fried Indian Flatbread that you can enjoy for your meals, picnic and pack for lunchboxes.
What is Paratha
Paratha are one of the most popular unleavened Flatbreads in Indian Subcontinent especially in North India.
Combination of ‘parat’ and ‘atta’ is flour paratha is basically unleavened bread made with layered dough mostly with whole wheat flour . It can have a stuffing or made in layers without any stuffing, shallow fired on tawa/griddle in ghee/oil.
We North Indians just love parathas, it is either plain paratha or wholesome stuffed parathas are staple breakfast item in most of the families.
Paneer Parantha are most popular paratha after Aloo Parantha. Paratha are life savers when you can’t think of making anything else or just want to go easy on cooking(like weekend mornings) or running short of veggies. Just some fresh pickle or chutney and/or some yogurt and here you have one of the most delicious and wholesome meal prepared within a few minutes.
On weekends if we go for an outing then I mostly make stuffed parathas for breakfast/brunch. You can go easy on the use of ghee or oil if you have any kind of dietary restrictions. I make parathas in ghee, yes you heard me right, ghee!! Its is a much better option then the refined oils that are available these days and it always gives food a better and authentic taste especially to Indian food.. You can always work out a bit extra or walk an extra mile if you think that ghee is a factor for your extra weight.
Suggestions for pickle and chutneys with Palak Paneer Paratha.. Carrot Pickle(Gajar Ka Khatta Meetha Achar), Mango and Chickpeas Pickle(Aam aur Kabuli Chane Ka Achaar), Tomato and Dates Chutney, Khatti Meethi Amla Ki Chutney/Indian Gooseberry Chutney, Aam Aur Sirke Ki Chutney
Few Other Paratha recipes from the blog..
and many more to be added..
Other breakfast recipes from the blog.. HERE
Palak Paneer Paratha
Just like your favourite combo, Palak Paneer, this paratha tastes equally delicious. It is a nice way to include spinach in your diet once in a while if your are getting bored of your regular spinach curries.
Making Palak Paneer Paratha is just like you other regular stuffed parathas. Knead dough with Spinach Puree. Dough should be soft. Else the dough will tear while rolling and stuffing will come out .
You can use homemade paneer or store bought. I prefer homemade paneer.
Crumble Paneer nicely. If using homemade, squeeze all water form it. Else the dough will become soggy and you will have difficulty in rolling.
Make stuffing with paneer. Add all the spices and salt(check recipe card). If making for kids keep the spice level/chilli or asper their heat tolerance.
Shallow fry from both sides in any plant based oil or ghee.
Keep the flame to low while frying paratha, take care it doesn’t burn.
Few other ways to include Spinach in your cooking..
For more Paneer Recipes.. Click here
Steps make Palak Paneer Paratha
Make Dough with Spinach Puree
Take 1½ cups of whole wheat flour. Add caraway seeds/ ajwain to it. Add 1 tsp of salt and mix.
Puree 2 cups of spinach that will give you 1 cup of spinach puree.
Knead in a soft dough with puree using water as required.
For Paneer Filling/Stuffing
Take a cup fresh crumbled Paneer(can take store-bought or homemade), add coriander powder, red chilli powder(as per taste), cumin powder and garam masala powder and a handful of finely chopped fresh cilantro/coriander leaves.
Checkout HOMEMADE GARAM MASALA recipe.
If you are running short of cilantro or fenugreek leaves you can a tbsp of dry fenugreek leaves too.
Add finely chopped fresh green chilies as required. Mix everything nicely. Add salt when you are about to start making parathas as the mixture can leave water if salt is added beforehand.
Keep the tawa/griddle on medium flame.
To make Parantha, take a small portion of dough and roll it like chapati as shown below in the pics. Take some paneer filling and place it in the center of the rolled dough. Get together and tightly seal the edges. Roll it again lightly to the size of a chapati as shown in the pic below.
Place on hot tawa. Take care the tawa should not to too hot else this will spoil/burn your paratha. Cook on both the sides using ghee or oil till light brown.
Enjoy hot parathas with some yogurt or pickle/chutney of your choice. Or make some garam garam adrakwali chai(hot ginger tea) and enjoy every bite of these power-packed parathas.
Serve it to kids with yogurt or some ketchup or marina sauce or jam as per your kid’s liking.
Recipe card for Palak Paneer Paratha
Palak Paneer Paratha
- Mixing Bowls
- Rolling Pin
- Rolling board
For Paratha Dough
- 1½ Cup Whole Wheat Flour/Atta
- ¾ Cup Palak/Spinach Puree
- Water for Kneading dough as required about ¾ cup
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Caraway Seeds optional
For Paneer Stuffing
- 1 Cup Crumbled Paneer homemade/store-bought
- 1-2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tsp Garam Masala or as required
- Red Chilli Powder as required optional
- Green Chillies as required optional
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves optional
- handful of Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Oil/Ghee to shallow fry paratha
- Take 2 cups of whole wheat flour. Add caraway seeds/ ajwain to it. Add 1 tsp of salt and mix.
- Puree 2 cups of spinach that will give you 1 cup of spinach puree.
- Knead in a soft dough with puree using water as required.
- Take a cup fresh crumbled Paneer(store-bought or homemade). If you are running short of cilantro or fenugreek leaves you can a tbsp of dry fenugreek leaves too.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder(as per taste),chaat masala, cumin powder and garam masala powder and a handful of finely chopped fresh cilantro/coriander leaves.
- Add finely chopped fresh green chilies as required.
- Mix everything nicely. Add salt when you are about to start making parathas as the mixture can leave water if salt is added beforehand.
- Keep the tawa/griddle on medium flame.
- To make Parantha, take a small portion of dough and roll it like chapati as shown below in the pics.
- Take some paneer filling and place it in the center of the rolled dough.
- Get together and tightly seal the edges. Roll it again lightly to the size of a chapati as shown in the pic below.
- Place on hot tawa. Take care the tawa should not to too hot else this will spoil/burn your paratha. Cook on both the sides using ghee or oil till light brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with butter, curd and pickle/chutney of your choice.
Shop your Ingredients here..
So next time when you want to make Paneer parathas try these Palak Paneer Parantha with added nutrition. These are ideal to pack for kids lunchbox, picnic or while traveling. Kids will love it some ketchup jam for any non spicy chutney.
Do share your feedback in comments whenever you make it. If you have any doubts pls msg or write in comments..
You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use. If you like the recipe, pls do rate the recipe. Rating tab is just above the comments.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!