Palak Paneer Fried Rice Recipe | Learn how to make Spinach Fried Rice | Easy Spinach Fried Rice Recipe with Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese and Baby Corn
Easy to cook , delicious and loaded with goodness of Fresh Spinach with Paneer( Indian Cottage Cheese) and Baby Corn, Spinach Fried Rice recipe.
Nutritious Fried Rice that you can make with fresh batch of steamed rice or leftover rice. You can add paneer pieces or any veggies (like baby corn, mushroom, carrots, peas) of your choice.
Spinach Fried Rice is nice variation to include Spinach in your meals especially for fussy eaters of if you are bored with your regular Spinach dishes.
How to include Spinach in your daily meals
The Health benefits of Spinach need no introduction. It one of the easily available winter favorite /leafy green all around the world. Spinach like other leafy greens is a great source of fibre, iron. folate, calcium , vitamins, minerals like potassium , zinc. One must include these greens especially in winters in our daily meals.
How to make Palak Paneer Fried Rice/Spinach Fried Rice
I used already made steamed rice in the recipe. Leftover steamed rice is best to use in the recipe. You can also make fresh Steamed Rice. Let steamed rice cool completely before making Spinach Fried Rice.
Fresh Spinach leaves ,you can use frozen Spinach also, puree it and add to the recipe.
I do not use much spices in the recipe. Pav Bhaji Masala does the trick for me along with a few Whole Spices, Ginger and Garlic.
Pav Bhaji Masala is special spice blend that we add to the famous Mumbai’s Bhaji of popular Pav Bhaji.
Detailed ingredient list and how to Spinach Fried Rice in Recipe Card.
Checkout other fried rice recipes from the blog-
This Palak Paneer Rice is GLUTEN-FREE and is Vegan Friendly. Replace Paneer with Tofu or any other veggie like Mushrooms, carrots for the VEGAN Spinach Rice recipe.
Few Tips to get perfect Spinach Fried Rice
Do not use very hot rice in the recipe.
Do not cook paneer and baby corn for long. Paneer will get very hard and baby corns will lose the crunch.
When using fresh Spinach, do not use light or yellowish greens, spinach should not be a old and wilted.
Do not overmix rice after adding to spinach masala, you will get very mushy rice as rice grains will break.
Recipe Card for Palak Paneer Fried Rice
Palak Paneer Rice /Spinach Fried Rice
- Heavy Bottomed Pan/Kadhai
- Blender/Grinder to puree Spinach
- Chopping Board
- 2 Cups Steamed Cooked Rice
- 2 Cups Packed Spinach Leaves about 1 cup Spinach Puree
- 1 Cup Paneer Cubes or add as required
- 5-6 Babycorn
- 7-8 Garlic Cloves
- 1" Fresh Ginger Piece
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- ¼ Cup Tomato Puree optional
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Whole Dry Red Chilli
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4-5 Cloves
- 4-5 Black Peppercorns
- 1-2 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- ½-1 tsp Red Chilli Powder optional as per taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Make Steamed Rice. Cool it completely.
- Wash Spinach leaves nicely, keep in colander to drain extra water.
- Cut Paneer in small cubes and baby corn into small dics or as you like.
- Finely chop Onion., Ginger, Garlic. Puree tomatoes if using or keep readymade tomato puree handy.
- Puree ginger, green chillies and spinach to smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add whole red chilli, bay leaf, cumin seeds, black peppercorns, cloves.
- Once the spices give out the aorma, add ginger, garlic and saute for minute.
- Add finely chopped onions saute till it starts to turn light brown.
- Add tomato puree if using in the recipe. Cook for about a minute. I used store bought puree, added ¼ cup water to dilute puree.
- Now add pureed spinach, mix well
- Next add pav bhaji masala, red chilli powder and mix .
- Now, add paneer pieces, baby corns and mix well in masala.
- Cover and cook puree for 1-2 mins.
- Finally add steamed rice, salt as per taste.
- Mix with light hands, take care rice doesn't turn mushy,
- Serve hot.
Tagging to A-Z Challenge of the facebook group, where the we cook the dishes with key ingredients alphabetically. This month was ‘S’, I had a dish with Strawberry in mind, but then I couldn’t source it in my local market. So I made this Spinach fried rice, as it is the perfect time to share this leafy green.
Do try this delicious Palak Paneer Rice/Spinach Fried, kids will love this rice as it has their favorite Paneer here.. Serve it with any raita of your choice. It is also a wonderful dish to be paired with Aloo Matar, Chole Masala, you can include it in your party menu. It is best to make and serve on the day itself, though you can make it couple of hrs ahead of serving time. Stays best for about a day in refrigerator.
Whenever you make it, do give me your feedback in comments. You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!