Palak Paneer Fried Rice Recipe | Learn how to make Spinach Fried Rice | Easy Spinach Fried Rice Recipe with Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese and Baby Corn
Easy to cook , delicious and loaded with goodness of Fresh Spinach with Paneer( Indian Cottage Cheese) and Baby Corn, Spinach Fried Rice recipe.
Nutritious Fried Rice that you can make with fresh batch of steamed rice or leftover rice. You can add paneer pieces or any veggies (like baby corn, mushroom, carrots, peas) of your choice.
Spinach Fried Rice is nice variation to include Spinach in your meals especially for fussy eaters of if you are bored with your regular Spinach dishes.
How to include Spinach in your daily meals
The Health benefits of Spinach need no introduction. It one of the easily available winter favorite /leafy green all around the world. Spinach like other leafy greens is a great source of fibre, iron. folate, calcium , vitamins, minerals like potassium , zinc. One must include these greens especially in winters in our daily meals.
How to make Palak Paneer Fried Rice/Spinach Fried Rice
I used already made steamed rice in the recipe. Leftover steamed rice is best to use in the recipe. You can also make fresh Steamed Rice. Let steamed rice cool completely before making Spinach Fried Rice.
Fresh Spinach leaves ,you can use frozen Spinach also, puree it and add to the recipe.
I do not use much spices in the recipe. Pav Bhaji Masala does the trick for me along with a few Whole Spices, Ginger and Garlic.
Pav Bhaji Masala is special spice blend that we add to the famous Mumbai's Bhaji of popular Pav Bhaji.
Detailed ingredient list and how to Spinach Fried Rice in Recipe Card.
Checkout other fried rice recipes from the blog
Chinese Veg. Fried Rice, Lemon Rice, Tawa Pulao, Tomato Rice with Basil, No Onion No Garlic Kadhai Paneer Pulao, Spicy Chilli Garlic and Bell Pepper Rice, Iyengar Style Puliyogare(Instant) , Burnt Garlic and Mushroom Fried Rice
This Palak Paneer Rice is GLUTEN-FREE and is Vegan Friendly. Replace Paneer with Tofu or any other veggie like Mushrooms, carrots for the VEGAN Spinach Rice recipe.
Few Tips to get perfect Spinach Fried Rice
- Do not use very hot rice in the recipe.
- Do not cook paneer and baby corn for long. Paneer will get very hard and baby corns will lose the crunch.
- When using fresh Spinach, do not use light or yellowish greens, spinach should not be a old and wilted.
- Do not overmix rice after adding to spinach masala, you will get very mushy rice as rice grains will break.
Spinach Fried Rice with Paneer goes well with any raita of your choice or simple curd/yogurt. It is also a wonderful dish to be paired with Aloo Matar, Chole Masala, you can include it in your party menu. Prefect nutritious and filling dish for kids school lunchboxes.
Few Raita Recipes to serve with this Fried Rice
Storing the leftovers
Storing the leftovers
It is best to make and serve on the day itself, though you can make it couple of hrs ahead of serving time. Stays best for about a day in refrigerator.
Recipe Card for Palak Paneer Fried Rice
Palak Paneer Rice /Spinach Fried Rice
- Heavy Bottomed Pan/Kadhai
- Blender/Grinder to puree Spinach
- Chopping Board
- 2 Cups Steamed Cooked Rice
- 2 Cups Packed Spinach Leaves about 1 cup Spinach Puree
- 1 Cup Paneer Cubes or add as required
- 5-6 Babycorn
- 7-8 Garlic Cloves
- 1" Fresh Ginger Piece
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- ¼ Cup Tomato Puree optional
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Whole Dry Red Chilli
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4-5 Cloves
- 4-5 Black Peppercorns
- 1-2 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- ½-1 tsp Red Chilli Powder optional as per taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Make Steamed Rice. Cool it completely.
- Wash Spinach leaves nicely, keep in colander to drain extra water.
- Cut Paneer in small cubes and baby corn into small dics or as you like.
- Finely chop Onion., Ginger, Garlic. Puree tomatoes if using or keep readymade tomato puree handy.
- Puree ginger, green chillies and spinach to smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add whole red chilli, bay leaf, cumin seeds, black peppercorns, cloves.
- Once the spices give out the aorma, add ginger, garlic and saute for minute.
- Add finely chopped onions saute till it starts to turn light brown.
- Add tomato puree if using in the recipe. Cook for about a minute. I used store bought puree, added ¼ cup water to dilute puree.
- Now add pureed spinach, mix well
- Next add pav bhaji masala, red chilli powder and mix .
- Now, add paneer pieces, baby corns and mix well in masala.
- Cover and cook puree for 1-2 mins.
- Finally add steamed rice, salt as per taste.
- Mix with light hands, take care rice doesn't turn mushy,
- Serve hot.
Do try this delicious Palak Paneer Rice/Spinach Fried, kids will love this rice as it has their favorite Paneer here.. Serve it with any raita of your choice
Whenever you make it do post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use. If you like the recipe, pls do rate the recipe. Rating tab is just above the comments. Rating helps to make my blog more visible in Google searches and more people can discover my blog.
If you like my work, then do HIT the SUBSCRIBE button get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by!!