No Onion No Garlic Kadhai Paneer Pulao is a easy and nutritious recipe with Paneer and Bell Peppers,flavored with Kadhai Masala. A quick and delicious option for lunchbox or busy weekday dinner.
It is good to have even without anything,just on it’s own . This goes well with Mint Cucumber Raita or any Mix Veg Raita. My kids like to have it with some butter on top. When I pack it for their lunch in thermos flasks, I put some butter on hot rice so that kids can enjoy some warm buttery rice for lunch in school.
Kadhai Masala is a spicy and flavorful spice mix of Red chillies and coriander seeds and is used to flavour curries like Kadhai Paneer, Kadhai Mushrooms and Kadhi Mix Vegetables. I have used this spicy mix to make a no onion no garlic Pulao with soft paneer and crunchy bell peppers.
My kids too like this Pulao and many times I pack it in their lunchbox. Moms are always on look out for new and interesting dishes that they can pack for their kids lunch and liked by kids also. This Pulao has everything that kids like to have Paneer and Bell Peppers and of course rice. A one pot filling meal. You can adjust the spice level in this pulao as per the spice tolerance of your kids.
Steps for making No-onion No-Garlic Kadhai Paneer Pulao
The Pulao can be made from leftover steamed rice/jeera rice or you can make fresh rice for pulao. You can use store bought Kadhai Masala or make it at home..refer to my Kadhai Mushroom post. For the vegan option you can use Tofu or Mushrooms and skip cream from the recipe. You can add a tbsp of almond meal for creaminess.
First step in making this is to cook rice. Rice should be soaked for at least 15 mins. Cook rice with whole spices till almost done. We do not want a mushy rice it should be just like the way we cook for making Biryani.
Next step is to make Paneer and capsicum gravy.In a pan saute paneer and bell peppers for 1-2 minutes.. The bell peppers should not lose the crunch. You can fry these separately also. Make tomato masala and add paneer and bell peppers to it. Mix nicely with masala.
Add cooked rice and mix in masala with very light hands , cover and keep on low flame for 5 minutes. Fluff lightly and serve hot.
Let’s see the recipe for No-Onion No-Garlic Steamed Rice
No-Onion No-Garlic Kadhai Paneer Pulao
- 2 Cup Rice
- 1/2 Cup Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese Cubes
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Bell Peppers
- 2 (Medium)
- Ginger piece(small about 1/2")
- 1 Cup Tomato Puree
- 1-2 Green Chillies(optional)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1-1.5 tbsp Kadhai Masala
- 1-2 Whole Red Chillies
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 4-5 Cloves
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick( Small)
- Wash rice 2-3 times and soak for 15-20 minutes. Puree tomatoes ginger and green chilli and keep for later use.
- In pan take enough water around 6-7 cups, add whole spices and few drops of oil. Add rice once the water starts boiling.
- Cook rice till almost done. Drain rice. Rice should not be mushy. Keep aside. You can take it out in a flat dish so that the rice grains do not stick together.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add oil when it is hot, add paneer and bell peppers and give a quick stir. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Take out the paneer pieces and bell peppers, keep aside. Do not over fry, as paneer can gets hard and bell peppers turn mushy.
- In the same pan, add cumin seeds, bay leaf and whole red chillies(optional) and add tomato puree cook for 2-3 minutes, add the powdered spices, salt and kadhai masala.
- Add rice and mix with light hands, taking care not to break the rice grains,
- Cover the lid and keep on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Once, done fluff lightly with fork and serve hot.
You can have it without any curry on side. This goes well with Mint Cucumber Raita or any Mix Veg Raita. My kids like to have it with some butter on top. I always put some butter on hot rice so that kids can enjoy warm buttery pulao for lunch in school.
Do try my version this this No-onion No-Garlic Kadhai Paneer Pulao. A perfect recipe for the potlucks, picnic or weekend brunch parties.
You can make it for festivals also like Ganesh Chathurthi for family and friends, for no-onion no-garlic meal options.
If you like my work, then do hit the follow button and subscribe to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones. I promise won’t spam your mailbox 🙂.
This is 14th in my series of A-Z Biryani/Pulao/Khichdi dishes, that I am taking to Mega Blogging Marathon April’19.
Day 14. N. No-Onion No-Garlic Kadhai Paneer Pulao
This is an event where I along with a group of fellow bloggers are blogging everyday about Biryani/Pulao/Khichdi dishes this whole April, with Sundays off.
My earlier posts for the event..
Day 1. A.. Aloo Matar Ki Tehri
Day 2. B..Broccoli Mushroom Pulao
Day 3 . C..Chana Dal Khichdi
Day 4. D..Dhaniya Pulao
Day 6. F.. Fresh Mint and Peas Pulao
Day 7. G.. Gatte Ka Pulao
Day 8. H.. Hari Moong Dal Khichdi
Day 9. I.. Iyengar Puliyogare(Instant)
Day 10. J.. Jeera Rice
Day 11. K.. Kashmiri Pulao
Day 12. L.. Lucknowi Veg. Dum Biryani
Day 13. M..Mixed Veg Pulao