Crispy and Crunchy, Air Fried Sabudana Vada recipe
Air Fried Sabudana Vada, Vegan, Gluten-free and Low Oil Snack Recipe.Video Recipe included.
Now enjoy your favorite Sabudana Vada made in Air Fryer with just very little oil. Air-Fried Sabudana Vada are healthy way to enjoy your favorite snack on fasting days or as breakfast or evening snack with a hot cup of masala chai.
Sabudana Vadas fried cutlets made with soaked Sabudana/Sago pearls mixed and mashed with boiled potatoes and coarsely ground peanuts.
It is a popular Maharashtrian breakfast or evening time snack. It is also one of the popular food items that people in India make during the fasting days especially during Navaratri, Shivratri or Janmashtami.
I always made deep fried Sabudana Vada but from the time I bought my Instant Pot Air Fryer, I now make it Air Fried way only. My kids too don;t mind munching on the air fried version. Though the texture won’t be the same like the deep fried ones. But we now have a healthy way to enjoy these!
It requires very less oil, just about 1-2 tbsp and gives us more reason to enjoy one of our favorite sacks quite often.
Other Air-Fried snack recipes from the blog that you will love to try.. Rajma aur Palak ki Tikki, Crispy Masala Papdi, Air Fried Crispy vegetables Chinese Style or these crispy and flaky Matar ki Kachori
How to have/serve Sabudana Vada
Air Fried Sabudana Vada taste best when served hot and fresh. JUST OUT of the AIR FRYER. You can re-heat in air fryer for about 2-3 mins. if you want to finish the leftover vadas.
Sabudana Vadas are good to be served as snacks to guests with green chutney. I like having these with sweet yogurt, topped with green chutney or tamarind chutney. When making during fasting time, omit garlic from the chutney recipe. For the recipe of green chutney click here.
Let’s see how to make Air Fried Sabudana Vada
It takes about 16-20 mins, depending on the air fryer. In my Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer, it takes 16 mins.
To Air Fry vadas, pre heat Air-fryer at 400°F or 200°C. When display shows ADD FOOD, add vadas.
Always brush Vadas with oil before placing in Air Fryer basket and keep the oiled side down.
Checkout the Video Recipe on How to make Sabudana Vada( Air Fried + Deep Fried Method)
Air Fried Sabudana Vada
- Air Fryer
- 1 Cup Sabudana
- 1½ no. Boiled Potatoes medium size or as required
- ½ Cup Peanuts
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt or as per taste
- 2-3 Green Chilies(Finely chopped)
- 4-5 Curry Leaves(roughly torn)
- Fresh Coriander/Cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil for brushing Vadas use as required
- Wash Sabudana 2-3 times thoroughly in running water. Soak in sufficient water for 5-6 hrs or overnight.
- When the pearls soak water and become soft, drain water completely in a colander.
- Coarsely grind the peanuts, roughly mash potatoes,finely chop the fresh cilantro leaves,green chillies.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together soaked soft sabudana pearls, mashed potatoes,coarsely ground peanuts, chopped chillies, cilantro,curry leaves, cumin seeds, salt.
- Shape in small donut shape vadas or patties. (refer the video)
- Plug in the Air Fryer. Switch on the AIR FRYER MODE at 400°F or 200°C for 20 mins.
- When display indicated ADD FOOD, add vadas in Air Fryer basket with oiled side facing down. Brush the top of vada with oil.
- Turn over Vadas, when display shows TURN FOOD.
- Air Fry again, and checkout vadas after the displays shows 16 mins. It make take 18-20 mins also. Vadas should golden brown in color from both sides.
- Enjoy hot, crispy crunchy Vadas, with green chutney, sweet yogurt and tamarind chutney!!
Do make these with almost no oil yet so crispy and crunchy Sabudana Vadas in your Air Fryer. You can make patties of vadas 1-2 hr ahead of serving. Cover with cling flim and keep in refrigerator.Air Fry at serving time.
Whenever you make it do give me your feedback in comments. You can post your feedback with the pic of on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!!