Cheesy Air Fried Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe | How to make Stuffed Mushrooms in Air Fryer
Mushrooms stuffed with cheese mixture, olives, jalapenos and red bell pepper make a hearty appetizer that's perfect for your parties, get togethers. These are perfect finger food for game day parties or Friday movie night at home with your loved ones.
For Mushroom lovers it is an extremely delicious, low carb, Keto friendly, Gluten-free snack which is so easy to cook under 30 mins. from start to finish.
An easy and no fuss recipe made in Air Fryer, with the readily available ingredients using minimum oil.
Benefits of eating Mushrooms
Mushrooms have a meaty texture and can be used as a meat substitute in many dishes.
These are low calorie food packed with loads of health boasting vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Significant presence of Potassium mineral helps in lowering the blood pressure. Anti oxidants help in strengthening the immune system and helps in weight management.
You can stir fry these, add in combination with various vegetables, make curries or use it in making soup.
Some of my favourite mushroom recipes from the blog-
How to prepare/clean mushrooms for Stuffed Mushrooms
Always wash mushrooms just before cooking them. It is not at all recommended to wash or soak mushrooms for long in water. They end to get slimy if soaked in water/ kept wet for long. Keep the mushrooms refrigerated in the bag or box , do not open it and store. Leftover mushrooms can be stored in a paper bag.
Clean the dirt from the mushrooms using a paper napkin/kitchen towel. Then lightly rinse in water and immediately wipe them dry with a paper napkin/kitchen towel.
To prepare mushroom caps for stuffing, carefully remove the stalks. Most of the time the stalk come out easily but you can use a spoon. Checkout the VIDEO attached for the step.
Why Stuffed Mushrooms in Air Fryer
Making your favourite snacks and appetizers is not at all a time consuming task if you have an air fryer. No need to switch on the oven if you want to make a small batch.
Advantages of having Air Fryer at Home
Investing in an Air Fryer is one of the best decisions that we can make for our kitchen. This kitchen gadget is so handy and there are so many options available nowadays. It can be used for baking, as a substitute to frying (one of the best) and roasting the veggies, snacks.
- Air frying cuts down the amount of oil used for deep frying snacks.
- Deep frying certain food items may produce some cancer causing compounds. Air frying reduces the risk of formation of such compounds.
- No standing over the cooking dish and continuous monitoring.
- Use it to crisp the frozen food instead of deep frying which is more fuss, quick and more health friendly.
Air fryers are handy kitchen gadgets and do not occupy much counter space.
Use your Air Fryer in everyday cooking and you can even bake cakes and muffins as per the capacity of your Air Fryer.
Checkout the various Air Fryer Recipes form the blog here--> AIR FRYER RECIPES Vegetarian and Vegan
Ingredients to make Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms- I have used White Button Mushrooms for the recipe. You can use Cremini or Portobello mushroom. These mushrooms are the same variety but at different ages.
Cheese- I have used a combination of Cheddar Cheese and Cream Cheese. You can also use any other cheese of your choice like Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack.
Finely chopped Red Pepper, Pitted Olives chopped finely, pickled Jalapenos. You can skip or add as per your liking.
Other ingredients used as mushroom stuffing or filling -
Substitute the cream cheese filling with Spinach Artichoke dip, Mixture of Cottage cheese(Paneer) with cream cheese and other ingredients, or Buffalo Sauce with cheese.
Seasoning- You can use any seasoning of your choice. I have added Italian seasoning. Dried herbs like Oregano, Basil can be added. You can also add Cajun , Zaatar Spice mix or simple Indian Chaat Masala.
Oil for lightly brushing the mushrooms/air fryer basket.
How to make Stuffed Mushrooms in Air Fryer
Clean and pat dry mushrooms.
Take out the stalks and prepare the caps for filling.
Then make the stuffing/filling. Add to the mushroom caps.
Preheat your air fryer and then Air Fry at high heat for 10-12 mins. Brush the mushrooms lightly with oil before Air Frying.
Overcooking of Mushrooms makes them rubbery. While Air Frying check after 8 mins. if it seems done then take it out.
Storing the leftover Mushrooms
Leftover Mushrooms stay good for another 2-3 days when refrigerated in an air tight container.
Can we make ahead and store
I like to serve the freshly air fried/ baked mushrooms. Though you can prepare and store the mushrooms in air tight container and serve the next day(after reheating).
When making ahead of party or get together, in morning or couple of hrs before serving, you can prepare the filling and stuff the mushroom caps and then refrigerate. When ready to serve, take out of the refrigerator and then air fry/bake before serving.
Can we make Stuffed Mushrooms in Oven
Creamy stuffed mushrooms can be baked in oven. Arrange on the baking tray and bake for 15 mins. in preheated oven (350F or 180C). Do not forget t brush the mushrooms lightly with oil before baking.
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowl
- 8 Oz White Button Mushroom 200 g pack
- ¼ Cup Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Red Bell Pepper optional
- 1 tbsp Chopped Pitted Olives optional/use as required
- 1 tbsp Pickled Jalapenos optional/use as required
- 1-2 tsp Italian Seasoning or dried herbs
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder optional
- Salt as required
- 1 tbsp Oil
Clean and Prepare Mushrooms
- Brush off the dirt in mushrooms(if any) using a paper napkin or kitchen towel.8 Oz White Button Mushroom
- Lightly rinse the mushrooms.
- Pat dry using a paper napkin or kitchen towel.
- Take off the stalks carefully but lightly pressing the stalks. Checkout the video.
- In a mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, grated cheddar cheese, red bell pepper, jalapenos, olives, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Taste the filling before adding salt. You will require very little salt .¼ Cup Cream Cheese, ¼ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Red Bell Pepper, 1 tbsp Chopped Pitted Olives, 1 tbsp Pickled Jalapenos, 1-2 tsp Italian Seasoning, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, Salt
- Take a tsp of filling and stuff in the mushroom caps. Press it a little as add more if required.
- Lightly brush oil on mushrooms.1 tbsp Oil
- Preheat the air fryer at 200°C or 400°F.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms in the air fryer basket. You can line it with a parchment paper or spray/brush it with oil.
- Air Fry for 10-12 mins at 200°C or 400°F. check after 8 mins if mushrooms are done, take it out and switch off the air fryer.
- Serve hot with the dip of your choice.
- Stuffed mushrooms can be served just like that or pair it with your favourite dip/sauce like buffalo sauce or even tomato ketchup.
Storing the leftovers
- Refrigerate the leftover mushrooms pieces in an air-tight container.
- Finish it within 2-3 days.
Hope you will try the recipe and you and your loved ones will surely love it as much as my family loves it.
Do not forget to give your feedback and if you have any queries or questions on the recipes please do ask in the comments section.
Also, do rate the recipe as ratings helps to get more visibility on google searches. The rating tab is just above the comments section.
Fill in your mail id to SUBCRIBE to the blog, won't spam your mail box ?!!
Thank you for stopping by and keep coming back!!