Baked Parmesan and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Crackers with goodness of Whole Wheat Flour, Parmesan Cheese and sun-dried tomato pesto.
Baked Parmesan and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Crackers made with whole wheat these are on the healthier side as these are not deep fried, though has butter in it. I love sun-dried pesto in my sandwiches, pizza and with crackers. It is also a good flavorful addition to pasta. My kids also like the flavor of these. Whenever I make these, pack some in kids lunch boxes for their snack time. Kids love to have these with hummus or home-made marina sauce or any cheesy dip like Cheesy Herb Dip
You can add rosemary or thyme to add on the flavor. This is the recipe of Paul Hollywood of "The Great British Bake Off " fame. I saw this recipe for the first time on the show and loved it. I immediately tried it. The only change that I made to the recipe is that I omitted egg and added onion seeds(kalonji) to it. You can add sesame seeds(black or white), or add some caraway seeds, dried fenugreek leaves and make baked Mathri using this recipe. Adjust the recipe as per your preference, add any grated cheese or herb to it. Click here for the original recipe.
Let's see how I made these full of flavor Baked Parmesan and Sun-dried Pesto Crackers.
Baked Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Pesto Crackers
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour/All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Tsp Nigella Seeds/Kalonji Caraway, Poppy or Sesame Seeds can be used
- 10-20 ml Water For kneading the dough
- Fresh herbs like Rosemary, Thyme A sprig, for adding to the dough
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- Combine all the ingredients together except water and mix.
- Knead to a soft dough using water as required. Cover and keep it for few minutes.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin, into the required thickness around 3mm or as per the thickness required.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out the portions of dough. I used a 7cm round cookie cutter and got around 18 pieces. Re-roll the dough if required.
- Line the cutouts on a dusted baking tray and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Check for doneness after 10 minutes. Crackers will turn golden brown. Cool on the wire rack and store in an air-tight container. Stays good for 10-15 days.
- Any hard cheese blend will also work fine in the crackers.
- I used Nigella seeds, caraway(ajwain), poppy seeds(khus-khus), sesame seeds(til) any of these can be used in the recipe.
- Brushing the crackers with milk wash will give a nice shine to the baked crackers.
- Thyme, Rosemary or oregano or dried herbs can be used in the recipe for added flavor.
- Baking time will vary with the thickness and the size of the crackers. Check the oven after 10 mins.
I wanted to do these savory crackers post during Diwali time, I had baked these also but somehow cudn't take pics and these were gone by the next day. Since I am participating in Bake-A-Thon so thought of finally doing a post on these.
Try the crackers for your cheese platter along with some olives. Do give these crackers a try, I am sure you will love these simple and full or flavors crackers.
Taking my Crackers to Dec'18 Bake-A-Thon Day 7.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-Thon An InLinkz Link-up
Do give me your feedback and when you make this do post a pic on any of my social media pages.. FB page or tag me on Instagram. You can also Pin the recipe for later use. You can also find my recipes on Google+. It will a small token of your appreciation for my work and keeps me motivated to bring good, authentic, tried and tested recipes to you.
Join me in my FoodTrails by following the blog, click on the FOLLOW button and on my social media accounts. Click on the icons on the sidebar for joining in. If you like my work, do share my blog with your loved ones.
So crunchy and perfect tea time munchies!!
Love love these crackers. These are so healthy. I will bake this soon
Mireille Roc (@ChefMireille)
love all the different flavorings you used with both nigella and italain seasonings
Renu Agrawal Dongre
what a flavorful and crispy cookies they are. Delicious.
These crackers sound so flavorful! They are perfectly baked. Must make a great snack.
I love savory bakes better than sweet ones and this one is just right my ally!..so beautifully baked...
Lovely Crackers there!! My son will love this. Adding Rosemary or thyme will just enhance the flavour.
Oh! I need a cup of tea now. When such crackers with exotic flavors are in front of you, who will not yearn for their true accompaniment i.e. tea 🙂
Such a crispy and flavor loaded crackers,looks amazing
With all the pesto, herbs and spices, these crackers sound amazing. Perfect treat to have with a cup of coffee.
Those crackers are loaded with flavors and can be a great accompaniment to a cup of tea / coffee.
That’s a very interesting and unique flay for crackers , and they look so amazing ! I am thinking of so many flavours - you got me on a roll dear !
Such crispy and perfectly baked crackers. They sound very flavorful with sundried tomato and parmesan. Great for snacking.
Can guess the flavour of this crackers, give me some i can munch rite now without any fuss. Parmesan, sun dried tomato pesto whatelse we need.
Ooh ! That’s pumped with flavours, swaty ! Pesto in a cookie sounds truly delish !!
Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth
I can imagine the flavor of these crackers... totally amazing these must have been! Awesome share...