The best ever Eggless/Egg-free Chocolate Cake recipe. made with condensed milk....
This is a keeper recipe if you are into eggless baking. While making eggless cakes that need frosting and some kind of icing decorations or are multi-tiered, should have a dense cake that holds the icing and structure. Apart from being dense, it should be moist and soft, without compromising on the texture. This is one recipe that gives you a dense, soft and moist cake, ideal for frosting and decorations. It tastes equally good without icing and can be used as a base for desserts. I took this recipe from Nestle Milkmaid site when I ventured into baking, and adapted the recipe as per my requirements.
My elder one loves anything that has Chocolate and this is her favorite!! I usually make this cake for both of my kids' birthdays when there are guests who don't eat things with egg, or when I baked cakes for my clients who preferred egg-less bakes.
This is buttery cake and uses condensed milk and yogurt along with buttermilk prepared with apple cider vinegar. You can also use any synthetic vinegar. You can add a teaspoon of instant coffee powder along with cocoa powder. Coffee enhances the chocolate flavor but when making for kids I avoid adding it.
Let's start with making this 'Oh so Chocolatey!!' Chocolate Cake!!
- All Purpose flour--220 g/2 Cups
- Cocoa Powder--25 g/1/4 Cup
- Condensed Milk--400 g/ 1 can
- Butter--113 g/1/2 Cup
- Yogurt--2 Tbsp
- Castor Sugar--2 Tsp
- Baking Powder--2 Tsp
- Baking Soda-1 Tsp
- Milk--100 ml /1/2 Cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar/ Synthetic Vinegar-- 1 Tsp/ 5 ml
- Salt--1/4 tsp if using unsalted butter
- Instant Coffee- Powder-- 5 g/1 tsp(optional)
- Vanilla Essence--5ml
All the above ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking powder, and salt(if using unsalted butter), and keep aside.
- In a bowl take softened butter (at room temperature) and sugar, beat till creamy. Prefer using an electric beater, else hand beater is also fine.
- Add yogurt and beat for a few seconds, till the yogurt mixes well, and the mix is light and fluffy.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla essence and beat till it mixes well.
- In a cup/bowl take milk( or you can add milk to the condensed milk container after it is added to butter), add vinegar to it, and set aside for 2-3 minutes or till the time you are beating the condensed milk and butter mixture.
- Once the butter-condensed milk mix is light and fluffy, add buttermilk to the mixture, also add 1/3 of flour, and mix well. Repeat this step two more times. Add half of the remaining milk then remaining half of the flour, mix lightly and again the remaining milk and remaining 1/3 part of the flour.
- Keep scraping the batter clinging to the bowl using a spatula.
- Transfer the batter to a greased and lined cake tin. If you don't have parchment/butter paper, then dust lightly the pan with flour after greasing it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F or 180°C for 35-40 mins in 8-inch cake pan. I used the round cake pan, you can use any shape.
- Check the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center, also the edges of the baked caked should leave the cake tin sides.
- If you feel the center is not yet baked, then cover the cake tin with an aluminum foil and bake again for 5-10 minutes.
- Once baked, take out of the oven and transfer the cake carefully to the wire rack to cool.
Please move the cursor over the images or click on images for the caption
I decorated the cake with Milk Chocolate Ganache(orange flavored). I made this cake for a potluck party. For the recipe of Milk Chocolate Ganache, click on the link. For frosting. cut the cake into half, moist the two halves with sugar syrup(make the syrup by boiling equal parts of water with sugar, this can be stored for later use also), add ganache a filling, sandwich the cake and cover the cake with frosting/ganache.
Bake it, frost it in ganache or use as a base for any of your desserts like Trifle or pour some hot chocolate fudge sauce over it and enjoy!!
Want vegan and gluten-free chocolate .. check the recipe for Fudgy Almond Chocolate Cake with vegan ganache.
Do give me your feedback and you can get in touch with me anytime if you have any queries..
If you like my work, then do hit the follow button and subscribe to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones. I promise won't spam your mailbox ?.
Thanks for stopping by!!