Crispy Honey Chilli Potatoes, crispy fried potato fingers coated in Sweet and Spicy Chinese/Asian sauces and served as snacks or starters
Here I bring you another kid’s favorite , Crispy Honey Chilli Potatoes made with their favourite Potato fries. Sweet and Spicy potato fries goes well with any juice or beverage.
Crispy Honey Chilli Potatoes are one of the favourite appetizers or starters especially for vegetarians. Served at parties and restaurants this crispy sweet and spicy snack is a filling and delcious appetizer. Kids especially love these and you can adjust the spice level as per their taste.
For vegan-friendly version, use Agave Nectar instead of Honey.
These Crispy Honey Chilli Potato fingers are the second in series for Kids Party Starters that I am linking to the group Blogging Marathon#102 for week 4 Day 2 for the theme Kid’s Birthday Party Treats.
These are very easy to make and can be made with store bought fries or homemade fries. If you are making these for a big party or get-together, you can make from the store bought frozen potato fries.
These taste best when served hot these can become soggy. Reheating these in microwave is a strict no no from my side.
Other easy and yummy kids’ party treats ,snacks and starters that you will love to try from the Blog.. Bread Pizza, Mini Carrot and Cucumber Sandwich bites, Aloo Poha Cutlets, Crunchy Paneer Nuggets, Chowmein and many more..
How to make Crispy Honey Chilli Potatoes
Crispy honey Chilli potatoes as mentioned above, can be made with store bought fries at home.
The main thing that one should keep in mind when making these at home is that they should remain crispy for long and don’t get soggy as soon as these are served.
Key to make Crispy fries at home ..
- Cut all the fingers of almost of the same size,
- then keep freshly cut potato fingers in cold water for about 30 minutes.
- fry the potato fingers twice coated in batter of cornflour.
For Store-bought Frozen Potato Fingers..
When running short of time pr planning a big party, make these crispy snacks with store bought frozen french fries or potato finger pack.
Store-bought frozen potato fingers are already fried once and packed, all we have to do is fry the frozen fries till crisp then coat in the sauce mix with sesame and chilli. Do not thaw the frozen fries before frying. Add to very hot oil, fry till golden brown and crisp, and then cook in sauce mix with sesame and chilli. Be very careful while frying as the hot oil sputters when we add frozen fingers to hot oil.
Let’s see in detail how to make Crispy Potato fries at Home and with Store-bought Potato fingers..
Crispy Potato Fries
For Homemade Potato Fries
- 3 Potatoes preferably large sized
- 3+3 tbsp Cornstarch or Cornflour add more if required
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder optional
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Freshly Ground
From Store-bought Frozen Fries
- 1 pack Frozen Fries
Sauces and Other Condiments
- 2-3 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Chilli /Sriracha Sauce adjust as per preference
- 2 tbsp Honey/Agave Nectar
- 1 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp White Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes optional
- ¼+¼ Salt or as required
- Spring Onion Greens for garnish
For Homemade Potato Fingers
- Wash nicely and peel Potatoes.
- Cut into long strips just like you cut for french fries or like wedges. Neither too thin nor too thick.
- Wash potatoes nicely by rubbing, you will see lot of starch in water.
- Wash 2-3 times.
- Drain and dry on a kitchen towel and pat dry.
- Mix cornstarch, red chilli and salt. Sprinkle cornstarch mix and coat the dried fingers with it.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and fry until potatoes are just cooked. These should not start turning golden brown.
- Take out from oil and keep on paper towel or tissue for extra oil to absorb.
- Once these are cooled, again coat in cornstarch mix(cornstarch+black pepper+salt) with some red chilli and a pinch of salt. Coat nicely.
- Heat oil again and fry these in hot oil till light golden brown and crisp. Frying in batches will give you more crispy fries.
To make from Frozen Potato Fingers
- Fry frozen potato fingers in very hot oil. Do not thaw before frying.
- Take out on an absorbent kitchen towel.
- Meanwhile, mix all the sauces, once potato fingers are fried, heat oil in a pan.
- Add finely chopped garlic to it. Saute for few seconds till raw smell goes away, do not fry garlic for long.
- Add sauce, cook for a second and then add fried potato fingers.
- Lightly mix and coat well with sauces. Sprinkle sesame seeds, red chilli flakes if using and finely chopped spring onion greens,
- Serve hot.
Homemade Potato fingers from Scratch
Make these Crispy Honey Chilli Potato Fries and serve it at your parties and gatherings. Make on a weekend movie night and munch on the fingers. These are fried so can be heavy on stomach. Pair up with your favourite noodles and drink and enjoy the yummy meal on a chilli rainy or winter evening!!
Do give me your feedback about the post and recipe whenever you make it.
If you like my work, then do hit the follow button to subscribe to my blog to get notifications on new posts. Also do share the blog info with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!!