Malai Ladoo, super quick and easy 2 ingredient ladoos for special occasions, made with Indian Cottage Cheese and sugar, flavored with cardamom and saffron garnished with nuts .
Soft melt in mouth, mildly sweet Malai Ladoo recipe from North Indian Cuisine.
Melt in mouth Malai Ladoo made with fresh paneer, take me back to time as a kid.Me and my sister loved these ladoos and mom used to make these quite often from the home-made paneer. Mom always had these shortcut recipes which were made in jiffy without spending much time in kitchen. As a working mom she had to take care of her job as well as her house on special occasions and with limited house help, she managed everything so beautifully!!
I had some paneer leftover from the Paneer Koftas I made for my last post. It’s Raksha Bandhan tomorrow so I decided to make Malai Ladoos with the leftover Paneer. Kids love Malai Ladoos, and they had to resist eating the ladoos as I kept these for morning Prasad.
How to make Malai Ladoo
Fresh crumbled Paneer also known as Chena, sugar, cardamom and few saffron strands(optional). I suggest using fresh paneer though store bought paneer will also be fine. If store bought paneer is hard, you can soak it lukewarm water for 5-10 minutes and then crumble it before using it.
If you do not have fresh Paneer, you can make it just before making ladoos. Click here for the Homemade Paneer Recipe.It take just 15-20 minutes to make fresh paneer. Drain the water properly before making ladoos.
To make Ladoos, take fresh paneer in a non-stick pan with 1 tsp of ghee ,add milk powder along with it if you are using it.Saute for 2-3 minutes. Take care not to burn chena. If there is any water in chena dry it completely.
Take small portion of chena sugar mixture in hand and make a tennis ball sized ladoos. Garnish with finely chopped pistachios or almonds.
These ladoos stay good for 1-2 days.
Let’s see in Detail how to make Malai Ladoo
- 1 Cup Fresh crumbled Paneer
- ½ Cup Milk Powder
- ¼ Cup Sugar or as required
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 10-12 Saffron strands optional
- To make Ladoos, take fresh paneer and milk powder in a non-stick pan with 1 tsp of ghee and saute for 2-3 minutes. Take care not to burn chena. If there is any water in chena dry it completely.
- Cardamom powder and saffron stands, mix well and keep the mixture to cool, once all the liquid dries out.
- Add sugar once the mixture cools down completely.Add finely chopped or coarsely powdered almonds(optional).
- Take small portion of chena sugar mixture in hand and make a tennis ball sized ladoos. Garnish with finely chopped pistachio or almonds..
- In case you do not have milk powder skip it.
- If you do not have fresh Paneer, you can make it just before making ladoos. Click here for the Homemade Paneer Recipe.It take just 15-20 minutes to make fresh paneer. Drain the water properly before making ladoos.
These ladoos are gluten-free and can be consumed when fasting, offered to Divine for Prasad during Ganapati celebrations or other Pooja occasions. You can also gift these to your loved ones, in beautiful mithai gift boxes with other homemade sweets likes Coconut Ladoos, Chocolate Fudge, Layered Dark and White Chocolate Kalakand.
Enjoy your festivities with your loved ones and have a happy and auspicious festival time!!
If you like my work, then do hit the follow button and subscribe to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones. I promise won’t spam your mailbox 🙂.