Apricot and Peach Crisp is a delicious melt in mouth dessert with summer favourite sweet and juicy peaches and apricot. Baked and Air Fryer Peach Crisp Recipe.
Juicy layer of cooked peach and apricot topped with crispy topping of flour, oats and walnuts make a delightful dessert for parties potlucks or weekend lunches.
Now you can make your favourite dessert in Air Fryer also which is so much easy and simple if you want to make a small batch.
This crisp recipe with summer fruits is just the right on to make good use of the season's fresh stone fruits other than eating them or making smoothies. Kids absolutely love this warm dessert topped with their favourite Vanilla ice cream.
Along with peaches and apricots I have also used sweet juicy cherries in the recipe. You can use any other summer fruit like berries or even apples here.
What is Crisp
A crisp is a mix of flour along with oats rubbed with butter (popularly used) and nuts. You can rub butter with flour to make a breadcrumbs like mixture or simply mix everything along with finely chopped nuts of your choice. The mixture is then topped on the fresh fruit and cooked till it is crispy roasted and golden brown in color.
For many a crisp is somewhat like crumble. But in crumble rolled oats are hardly used and topping is kind of cakey.
So, when in summer you have plenty of sweet juicy peach, apricots and cherries make this delicious crowd pleasing dessert.
Ingredients to make Apricot and Peach Crisp
Fresh seasonal Fruits- Use fresh ripe sweet and juicy peaches, apricots and cherries in the recipe. You can use any other fruits like plums, berries, apple or pears. You can also used canned peaches in the recipe if you want to make the dessert during winters when fresh peaches are not available.
Whole Wheat Flour and Oats- To make the crisp topping. You can also use any gluten-free flour like Oats flour/Almond meal.
Rolled Oats and Chopped Walnuts- Do not skip it as it give the topping it's characteristic crispness.
Butter- Take cold butter cut into small cubes. Rub butter with whole wheat flour, which creates flaky pockets and creates tender light crumb.
Sweetener- Since crisp or crumble recipes use significant amount of sugar, you can opt for healthier raw sugars like maple syrup, coconut or date sugar. I have used raw cane sugar. You can also add jaggery powder.
Spices- I love adding cinnamon powder but you can add nutmeg or ginger powder. I also like to add vanilla essence which enhances the fruity taste.
How to make Apricot and Peach Crisp recipe in Air Fryer
To make in air fryer, layer the fruit and crisp topping as we do for baking in oven.
Air fryer takes less time to bake as compared to oven, especially when we have to bake small portions.
If your air fryer has preheat mode then preheat the air fryer and air fry for 15 mins. at 180C or 350F.
Why the Crisp turns very runny
Juices from the frozen fruits or very soft fruits tend to make the crisp/crumble very runny. Make sure to thaw the frozen fruit and avoid very soft fruits in the recipe.
To avoid runny fruit filling add cornstarch with sugar. I skipped cornstarch in the recipe as the fruits that I used were quite firm. You can add if you have very juicy fruits.
How to fix the soggy Peach Crisp topping
Crisp topping tends to get soft and soggy if we cover the container/dish and store it before it cools down. While reheating, bake the crisp on preheat mode for about 10 mins. the topping with turn crispy.
Tips to make perfect make Apricot Peach Crisp
- Take juicy but firm apricots and peaches. Soft fruit leaves more water and the dish becomes very watery. Crisp should not be soggy to due to extra juices from the fruit.
- Take cold butter and rub it with whole wheat flour/oats flour using your finger tips. Make it to the breadcrumb consistency. This creates flaky pockets and give light crumb.
- Do not mix the topping with the fruit. Layer it nicely covering the fruit below.
- Bake for about 30-40 mins in a preheated oven.
- Let the crisp cool down a bit and serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream or custard.
Storing and Reheating
Refrigerate the leftover in an airtight container or cover the baking dish with lid or cling film.
Reheat in Oven- on preheat mode 10 mins at 180 C or 350F .
Reheat in Air Fryer- for 5 mins. at 180 C or 350 F for .
To reheat in Microwave - for 3 mins on HIGH.
Some more warm dessert recipes from the blog which you can enjoy with ice cream or chilled custard
Classic Brownies, Bread Pudding, Gulab Jamun, Crispy Jalebi, Moong Dal Halwa
Recipe Card for Apricot Peach Crisp
Apricot Peach Crisp
- Oven for baking
- Air Fryer for air fryer version
For Fruit Layer
- 1 Cup Peaches firm, juicy and ripe
- ½ Cup Apricots firm, juicy and ripe
- ¼-½ Cup Cherries pitted
- 2 tbsp Raw Suagr coconut/raw cane or maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
For Crisp/Crumble Layer
- ½ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- ¼ Cup Chopped Walnut or Pecan or almonds/mixed nuts
- ¼ Cup Butter cut into small cubes
- ¼-½ Cup Raw Sugar depending on the preferences and tartness of fruits.
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Preheat oven at 350°F or 180°C. For Otg check the timing it takes to preheat for the mentioned temp. IT take about 10-12 mins for my OTG,
For Fruit Layer
- Cut peaches and apricot in small cubes or in slices. Discard the seeds.1 Cup Peaches, ½ Cup Apricots
- Pit the cherries¼-½ Cup Cherries
- In a baking dish, take all the fruits.
- Now add all the fruits, sugar, vanilla essence and lemon juice(optional).1 tsp Vanilla Essence, 2 tbsp Raw Suagr
- Mix all the fruits and bake in preheated oven for 10 mins at
Make topping for Crisp
- Take butter, flour and cinnamon powder in a mixing bowl.½ Cup Whole Wheat Flour, ¼ Cup Butter, 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Rub butter into flour using finger, till the four is like breadcrumbs like.
- Now add rolled oats, chopped walnuts and sugar. Mix nicely.½ Cup Rolled Oats, ¼ Cup Chopped Walnut, ¼-½ Cup Raw Sugar
Assemble the crisp
- Once the fruits are lightly cooked for 10 mins. take out the dish out of oven.
- Now carefully layer the crisp topping on it. Do not mix it with fruits.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F or 180°C for 35-40 mins, till the crisp layer starts turning light golden brown.
- Once done, take out of the oven and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or custard.
Make Crisp in Air Fryer
- Preheat the Air fryer if there is any option given in it.
- Air Fry or set the bake mode on at 180°C or 350°F for 15 mins. Check after 10 mins, as different air fryers may take different time.
During summers when fresh peaches, apricots and other stone fruits are in abundance try this delicious dessert and serve warm crisp with cold ice cream or custard. You can also add with yogurt and make delicious breakfast fruit parfaits.
Do try this Apricot and Peach Crisp/Crumble with cherries my way. I am sure you and your family especially the kids will love it.
Do not forget to give your feedback and if you have any queries or questions on the recipes please do ask in the comments section.
Also, please rate the recipe as ratings helps to get more visibility on google searches. The rating tab is just above the comments section.
Say Hello!! and visit my social media accounts.. FB, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and You-Tube.
Fill in your mail id to SUBSCRIBE to the blog, won't spam your mailbox ?!!
Thanks for stopping by, keep coming back!!
Leave a Reply