Last Updated on
Aloo Makhana aur Kaju Pops, an easy to make delicious snack recipe with boiled potatoes and goodness of Makhana or Lotus seeds and cashew nuts.
Aloo Makhana aur Kaju Pops are Vegan and Gluten-free snacks made with low oil. Good for kids’ lunchbox or to serve as snacks with tea.
Aloo tikki are one of the most popular and easy to make cutlets or snack from Indian Cuisine. Here I used coarsely powdered makhana seeds to bind potatoes used appe pan to cook in low oil.
This gluten-free snack can be had during fastings days on festivals like Navaratri, it is filling and also a nutritious when cooked in low oil. You can deep fry these cutlets also.
During fasting days you can have these with no onion no garlic chutney. Top it with yogurt and tamarind chutney for aloo chaat kind of treat!! Check out this Vrat ki Papdi Chaat for fasting days or for gluten-free chaat .
These are kids friendly pops, with no spice at all. Serve at your kids parties. You can also deep fry or air fry these or shape like tikkis and shallow fry in pan.
Makhana seeds are very popular in India especially during fasting days.Known to be the Super food , this is one ingredient that is loaded with fibers, minerals and vitamins and protein. It is also a very versatile ingredient that you can use to make desserts, snacks or curries. To checkout the health benefits of Lotus seeds and different recipes , check out Makhana The Super Food.
Aloo or potatoes are one of the most commonly used vegetable for making snacks. During fasting a lot of people use potatoes in curries and breads.Kids love potato based snacks. These are good source of carbohydrates, fiber and Vit. C.
Cashew nuts add crunch and a nutty taste to these pops. You can add coarsely ground peanuts also.Or, avoid nuts in the recipe.
Lets see how to make these nutritious and simple Aloo Makhana aur Kaju Pops
How to make Makhana Pops
Coarsely grind makhana seeds in mixer or crush with rolling pin..
Mash boiled potatoes, add powdered makhana, spices like cumin powder, finely chopped green leaves, green chillies and salt. Use Sendha Namak when fasting.
Avoid green chillies if making for kids.
Mix all the ingredients together. Shape into small pops or cutlets. Shallow fry in pan with oil/ghee or use appe pan.
In appe pan takes around 5-10 minutes.
Aloo Makhana aur Kaju Pops
- 2 Boiled Potatoes(Medium)
- 1 Cup Lotus or Fox-nut Seeds/Makhana
- 1-2 tbsp Finely Chopped Cashew nuts/Kaju
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder(optional)
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro/coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Chaat Masala use as preference during fasting
- 1 tsp Garam Masala use when not fasting
- Oil for cooking pops(Shallow/deep) as required
- Coarsely grind makhana seeds in mixer or crush with rolling pin.
- Mash boiled potatoes, add powdered makhana, spices like cumin powder, finely chopped green leaves, green chillies and salt.
- Use Sendha Namak when fasting. Avoid green chillies if making for kids.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Shape into small pops or cutlets. Shallow fry in pan with oil/ghee or use appe pan.
- Serve with chutney or ketchup.
Do try these easy to make light and nutritious pops and do give me feedback on the recipe.
If you like my work, then do hit the follow button and subscribe to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones. I promise won’t spam your mailbox 🙂.
Thanks for stopping by!! Keep coming back!!