Low Oil, Air Fried Vegetable Manchurian recipe
Air Fried Vegetable Manchurian is perfect for vegans, completely plant based dish and gluten-free and a healthy dish with minimum oil.
Detailed Video for Air Fried Vegetable Manchurian-. CLICK HERE
Now you can enjoy your favourite dish without any guilt.. with low oil and non-fried version, Air Fried Manchurian.
Incase you don’t have an air fryer, still you can make the low oil manchurian version appe pan(abselivker pan) and enjoy your favourite Indo Chinese dish.
Vegetable Manchurian is one of the most favourite Indo Chinese dish among all the age groups. Served at restaurants, a popular street food or best relished snack or starter at parties and get togethers.
Vegetable Manchurian is fried mixed vegetable balls in asian/chinese sauces like soy sauce, sriracha and vinegar.
Vegetable Manchurian is served in two ways, one with gravy(manchurian sauce) and the other one dry version, with little or no gravy. While the gravy one is served as main course with Rice(Chinese Veg. Fried Rice) or Noodles(Garlic and Spring Onion Noodles).
If you love this dish but have to avoid it due to the deep fried manchurian balls, this post is perfect for you.. Now you can enjoy your favourite dish without any guilt.. with low oil and non-fried version.
Manchurian balls are made in AIR FRYER or you can make these even in appe pan or aebleskiver pan. Just 1-2 tbsp of oil to prepare balls, and you can relish your favourite dish.
Guilt Free Air Fryer Cooking
I recently bought this cool gadget Instant Pot Air Fryer, I am finally enjoying my favourite fried dishes guilt free, in less oil. Like these Crispy Papdi anytime snack, which earlier I made the fried version, now I make it in air fryer.
Sabudana Vadas, the deep version is a thing of past and I can make it’s non-fried version and relish it especially when I am fasting.
Matar Ki kachori, made in Air Fryer, are crispy and flaky just like the fried ones and absolutely in no oil.
There is more air fryer cooking going on. Recently I made Kurkuri Bhindi, Falafels,and baked pizza, made cheesy buns.. but will gradually update the recipes..
Air Fried Vegetable Manchurian
This recipe of Vegetable Manchurian is low oil version of my Vegetable Manchurian recipe when I made the deep fried manchurian balls. The post also covered low oil version baked in oven.
With Air Fryer, I can now make a quick batch whenever we are in a mood to relish some Indo Chinese food.
To make Manchurian balls you can use vegetables like cabbage(must add-on), cauliflower, beans and bell peppers. Incase if you don’t have all the veggies, you can make it only with cabbage or carrots or whatever veggies you have in hand.
Veggies should be finely chopped.I use my food processor, it does the work really quick and very finely. Keep a watch while chopping veggies.
To make Manchurian sauce we use Sauce(take gluten-free is having gluten-allergies), sriracha or red chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and vinegar.
Adding cubed bell pepper and onions in sauce depends on your choice. I love to add as these add on to some crunchiness.
To make in Air Fryer, it should be preheated. My Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer 6 Qrt, indicated when to add food and when to turn.
Check you air fryer settings. It is not the digital one, then pre-heat for about 5 min, and turn the manchurian balls after 7-8 mins.
Air Fry at 375°F or 190°C for about 18-20 mins.
Incase you do not have Air Fryer, don’t worry, you can still enjoy the low oil version of your favorite snack.. Make it in appe pan or bake in oven.
Checkout the video and recipe card for Low Oil Manchurian(Dry) Air Fryer/Appe version for detail procedure.CLICK HERE.
For deep fried Manchurian Balls and gravy version — Checkout Vegetable Manchurian.
Recipe Card for Air Fried Vegetable Manchurian(Dry)
Low Oil Vegetable Manchurian(Dry) in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Kadhai/Heavy Bottom Pan/Wok
- Mixing Bowls
- Mixing Spoons
- Measuring Spoons
For Manchurian Balls
- 1 Cup Cabbage
- 1-2 Carrots(medium)
- ½ Mixed Bell Peppers optional
- 2 tbsp Beans optional
- 4-5 Cauliflower florets optional
- 2-3 tbsp Spring Onion Greens or Cilantro/Fresh coriander
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves (or ¼tsp Garlic Powder-optional)
- Small ginger piece(½")
- 1-2 Green Chillies as per spice level optional
- ½ Cup Cornstarch(Cornflour in India)
- ¼ Cup Rice Flour or All purpose flour/Maida or Chickpea flour/Besan
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil
- ¼ Cup Finely Chopped Coriander or Spring Onion Greens
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped/minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Finely chopped/minced Ginger
- 1-2 Finely chopped/minced Green Chillies optional
Make Manchurian Balls
- Very finely chop all the vegetables mentioned under manchurian balls section), along with ginger, garlic and green chilli.
- Use Chopper/food processor for quick way.
- Take out in a mixing bowl, add cornstarch(flour), rice flour, salt black pepper, add about a tbsp of oil. Keep rest for brushing on Manchurian balls while Air Frying.
- Mix nicely, and add about 1/4 cup water. Check how much is required. If vegetables have more moisture then add about 2 tbsp first, later add as required.
- Make lemon sized balls, brush lightly with oil.
- Preheat Air Fryer at 375°F or 190°C.
- When Air Fryer indiacated, add food, add manchurian balls.
- Cook for about 18-20 mins. Turn balls when air fryer indicates TURN FOOD, or after 7-8 mins.
- Check after 16 mins, else cook for another 2 mins.
Make Manchurian Sauce
- Mix all the sauces with sugar under Manchurian Sauce Section.
- Make cornflour slurry, with 2 tbsp cornflour and 1/4 cup water.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add finely chopped/minced ginger garlic and green chillies.
- Saute for about a minute.
- Add cubed onions and mixed bell peppers(if using).
- Keep appe pan on low heat and brush little oil in all the molds.Add balls, cover and cover for
Make Manchurian Balls in Appe Pan/Abselivker pan
- Keep appe pan on low heat and brush little oil in all the molds.
- Add balls, cover and cover for 2-3 minutes.
- Rotate the balls and cook from all the sides.
- Cook till light brown from all the sides.
- Keep the flame low, else Manchurian balls can burn.
- Saute for few seconds as we want crunchy onion and bell peppers.
- Add sauce mix, cook for a min.
- Add Cornstarch slurry. Add another ¼-½ water to adjust the consistency.
- Cook sauce for 1-2 mins, then add manchurian balls.
- Mix lightly and coat manchurian balls nicely in sauce.
- Garnish with fresh colantro/coriander or spring onion greens.
- Serve hot as snack/starter or with fried rice or noodles.
Do try this low oil version of your favourite Vegetable Manchurian, and enjoy with your loved ones. Ideal for parties and potlucks.
Do give it a try and let me know your feedback.I am sure you will love this Low Oil, Air Fried Version of your favourite Manchurian.
Whenever you make it do give me your feedback in comments. You can post your feedback with the pic of on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!!