Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potatoes Bites and Fries Recipe | How to make Roasted Sweet Potato Bites | Sweet Potatoes Fries in Air Fryer
Crunchy outside and soft and creamy inside Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potato Bites and Sweet Potato Fries are one of our favourite snack tea time snack. We also love to have these bites/fries with main meal of Dal Rice.
These are prefect for kids snacking, kids lunchboxes with their favourite dip or add to your salad bowls or tacos for a complete meal with crunchy veggies.
In the post I will am covering how to make Sweet Potato Bites/Chunks or Sweet Potato Fries. We love both the ways.
Sweet Potato Chunks or bites can also be served as side with your meals.
Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
Although sweet potatoes are rich in carbohydrates, these are also loaded with numerous health benefits. Termed as one of the Superfoods due to the good amount of minerals and vitamins these contain.
Sweet potatoes are rich in Vit. A, carotenoids which strengthens our eyes and immune system, kidneys and heart.
Due to low glycemic index sweet potatoes unlike other starchy foods release sugar in bloodstream slowly, so can be consumed safely by diabetic people. As, this steady release controls the blood sugar level.
So till now if you have not included sweet potatoes in your diet, do include it in the various ways.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes are one of the healthy ways to consume these. You can even boil sweet potatoes in Indian style pressure cooker or your Instant Pot. Will be updating the recipes.
Do checkout for Sweet Potato and Potato Chaat with sweet and spicy chutneys in Indian Flavors which is a great option for snacking or serving at parties.
Why Air Fry Sweet Potatoes
- It's a no fuss recipe
- Uses minimum or no oil
- No monitoring needed , once the timer is set.
- No need to heat up your oven for a small batch of fries/chunks.
For more Vegetarian and Vegan Air Fryer Recipes-->CLICK HERE
Ingredients to make Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes- Sweet potatoes are sweet tasting tubers with brown skin bright colored flesh (orange, white purple etc).
I love orange ones but in India where I am living these days, white variety is available so I have used it in the recipe.
Also, I could not source organic Sweet potatoes here due to heavy rains so peeled it before using it.
You can eat whole sweet potatoes whole with skin or without skin also. Choose organic ones without not scars or any dirt.
Oil- Any Good Plant based Oil like Olive , Rice Barn.
Seasoning- Simple seasoning with salt and black pepper. We love to season our sweet potato bites/fries with chaat masala. You can choose any good seasoning of your choice.
Variations for Sweet Potato Seasoning and Dips
We love our Indian Chaat Masala for seasoning the fries and bites. Fresh bites and fries taste great even with simple salt and paprika seasoning.
Another Indian flavors which are a must try- Garam Masala and Curry Powder
Dried Mint and freshly ground Black Pepper with dash of Garlic powder.
Or try out the Italian or Mediterranean flavours to season the fresh bites.
How to make Sweet Potatoes Bites and Sweet Potato Fries
- Wash very nicely if sweet potato has dirt and scars.
- Peel the sweet potato
- Cut into equal portions/size to ensure uniform roasting.
To make Roasted Sweet Potato Bites
Cut Sweet potato in 1/2 inch Chunks. Refer the below pic collage
To make Sweet Potato Fries
Cut sweet potato into the shape of fries.
From breakfast to dinner, sweet potatoes can served and relished in endless ways.
Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potato
- Air Fryer
- Sharp Knife To cut Sweet Potatoes
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 medium sized Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Any Plant based Oil
- Red Chilli Powder/Paprika
- Seasoning as required
- Salt as Required
- Wash sweet potatoes very nicely and peel it.
To make Sweet Potato Bites/Chunks
- Cut sweet potato in half, then again cut vertically in half.
- Lay it flat on the chopping board.
- Then cut into 3 parts and cut again in ½" size chunks.
To make Sweet Potato Fries
- Cut Sweet Potato in half depending on the size.
- Then cut it into vertical half again.
- Cut portions of the size and shape of fries. Keep the portions equal.
- In a mixing bowl, add sweet potato pieces add oil, seasonings and mix well.
- Preheat the Air fryer. If there is no option for preheating then switch it on for 5 mins at 350°F or 180°C.
- Line the pieces in air fryer basket. in one single layer. Do not over load the basket.
- Air Fry/Roast for 10-15 mins , toss once in between to ensure uniform roasting.
- Once done take out of the fryer basket and serve with your favourite dip.
- Cut Sweet Potato Chunks and Fries in same size.
- Place the pieces in air fryer basket in a single layer. Roast in batches if required.
- We love our Indian Chaat Masala for seasoning the fries and bites. Fresh bites and fries taste great even with simple salt and paprika seasoning.
- Dried Mint and freshly ground Black Pepper with dash of Garlic powder.
- Or try out the Italian or Mediterranean flavours to season the fresh bites.
- Enjoy the roasted sweet potato with Mint Yogurt dip, Tzatziki or Creamy Spinach and Mint Dip, Cheesy Herb Dip
Do try roasted Sweet potatoes in air Fryer, as it a much easy and quick way to enjoy the delicious bites. Whenever you make these do give your feedback, or get in touch with me if you have any queries.
If you like my work, then do HIT the SUBSCRIBE button get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!!