Refreshing Ginger Peach Iced Tea Recipe to beat the heat. Homemade Peach Iced Tea with right amount of sugar and refreshing taste for hot summer days. A perfect cold drink made with homemade Peach Syrup and freshly brewed tea.
A fan of fruity Iced Tea in summers or want to get the beach vibes right in the comfort of your home?!! Try is Peach Iced Tea which is just perfect for the hot weather and recharges your mind body and soul.
About the recipe
Peaches are in abundance these days in stores. Great fruit to be used in cakes, crumbles or pies. Kids love peach crumble or PEACH AND NECTARINE COBBLER with vanilla ice cream.
When the weather is hot and humid cool and chilled fruity drinks are our best bet to replenish the drained energy. Eating summer fruits, fruit salads, Indian buttermilk(Chaas) helps in keeping the body cool and also takes care of the digestion.
This Ginger Peach Iced Tea is one of our favourite summer drink and instead of buying bottled Iced tea I love to make it at home with fresh peaches whenever I get sweet and juicy peaches.
Reasons to love this Homemade Ginger Peach Iced Tea
Fruit Flavoured Iced Tea cools and refreshes the body.
This Peach Iced Tea made with Homemade Peach Syrup is a crowd pleaser. Everyone will love it.
Homemade Iced tea is always better than the bottled one as you can actually control the sugar added to it. Make it sweet or unsweetened.
You can make the syrup and the tea 2-3 ahead of your party or for everyday tea.
You can also make lemonade for your little ones, use it on icecreams as toppings and many more ways.
The Peach Iced Tea is so easy to make and served chilled with lots of ice. You can always add in some fresh or frozen peaches or any other fruits that go well will peach flavour.
Ingredients to make Ginger Peach Iced Tea
To make Iced Tea
Tea bags or loose Tea- Choose any good organic tea (green or black).
Water to brew the tea.
To make Peach Syrup
Fresh juicy peaches- You can also use frozen, but I love the fresh fruit which adds so much flavour to the tea. Instead of peaches you can also use Nectarines.
Ginger-I like to add some fresh ginger. You can also add fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme or basil and skip ginger.
Sugar/Sweetener- I prefer Raw Cane sugar . You can use castor sugar also. Also, you can skip sugar and make the syrup only with peaches. Add sugar/honey/maple syrup while making serving tea.
How to make Ginger Peach Iced Tea
How to Brew Tea for Iced Tea
Tea can be prepared with Hot Bre or Cold Brew method and stored for about 3-4 days in a pitcher or bottle. the lid should be tightly placed to avoid any other smell from refrigerator mixing with the tea.
Cold Brew- To cold brew the tea, take tea bags or loose tea as required Add to a pitcher or jug. Add water as required. 1 tea bag is good for 1 cup of tea, add more or less as per the desired strength of tea.
Keep the pitcher in refrigerator for 6-8 hrs for green tea and 10-12 hrs for black or oolong tea.
Once the time is up, take out the tea bags or strain the tea using a tea sieve or cheesecloth. And then refrigerate the tea till ready to make.
Hot Brew- Add 3 cups of water to another pan, let it boil. Once the water boils take it off the flame, add tea bags(2) and let it infuse for 8-10 mins. Once the time is up take out the tea bags or strain the tea leaves. Transfer the tea to a pitcher or bottle and refrigerate till ready to make.
Make Peach Syrup
In a pan take 3-4 cups water or as required.
Add ginger juliennes or grated ginger for strong ginger flavour. Add fresh herbs of your choice if you want to skip ginger.
Add sliced and pitted peaches and sugar to water and boil for 2-3 minutes.Cook peaches till it softens. Switch off the flame. Then mash the peaches, let the flavor infuse.
After 20-25 minutes, strain the mixture well. I strain all the pulp and leave aside the skins, it gives me a little thicker syrup. If you want it more clear, just strain the syrup and keep aside the mashes peaches to be used for crumble or desserts or you can eat it too!!
Keep the syrup to cool and then refrigerate it if not using immediately. Stays good for 3-4 days.
How to serve Peach Iced Tea
To serve,in the serving glass add some thinly sliced peaches(fresh or frozen) or any fruit of your choice, also add some fresh herbs as per choice and some ice cubes. Add syrup and tea. The ratio of tea to syrup depends on your taste. Serve immediately.
So when it is summers or still hot in your part of the world, do make some refreshing peachy iced tea, enjoy with grills, starters or have it just like that to quench your thirst.
Use the peach syrup for making lemonade, kids drinks or can be used for making mocktails and cocktails. Use any good Green Tea and make Ginger Peach Green Iced Tea.
Some Chilled Drinks that we love
Recipe Card for Peach Iced Tea
Peach Iced Tea
- Tea Strainer
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
For Peach Syrup
- 4-5 Fresh Peaches
- 2-3 tsp Sugar as required
- 2-3 Cups Filtered Water
For Brewed Tea
- 2-3 Tea Bags see notes
- 2-3 Cups Filtered Water or as required
- Fresh Herbs
- Sliced Peaches or Fruits of choice
For Cold Brew
- In a pitcher or pan, add tea bags or loose tea and water.
- Mix it a little.
- Refrigerate for 6-8 hrs for green tea and 10-12 hrs for black tea.
- Once time is up, take out the tea bags or strain the tea.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 days. Use when required.
- In a pan boil water.
- Once water boils take it off the flame.
- Add tea bags for 8-10 mins. Do not keep it longer, tea will turn bitter.
- Take out the bags or strain tea once the time is up.
- Transfer to a pitcher or bottle, cover and refrigerate, use when required.
- Stays good for 3-4 days.
- In a pan add ginger juliennes or grated ginger for strong ginger flavour with water. Add fresh herbs of your choice if you want to skip ginger.
- Switch on the flame.
- Add sliced and pitted peaches and sugar to water and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook peaches till it softens. Switch off the flame.
- Then mash the peaches, let the flavor infuse.
- After 20-25 minutes, strain the mixture well. I strain all the pulp and leave aside the skins, it gives me a little thicker syrup.
- Keep the syrup to cool and then refrigerate it if not using immediately. Stays good for 3-4 days.
- To serve,in the serving glass add some thinly sliced peaches(fresh or frozen) or any fruit of your choice, also add some fresh herbs as per choice and some ice cubes.
- Add syrup and tea. The ratio of tea to syrup depends on your taste.
- Serve immediately.
Do not forget to give your feedback and if you have any queries or questions on the recipes please do ask in the comments section.
Also, do not forget to rate the recipe as ratings helps to get more visibility on google searches. The rating tab is just above the comments section.
Fill in your mail id to SUBSCRIBE to the blog, won't spam your mailbox ?!!
Thank you for stopping by and keep coming back!!