Vrat Ki Kadhi an easy and simple yogurt based curry made for the fasting period.
Made with Rajgira/ Millets flour and yogurt, it is an healthy light and filling meal option for fasting days like Navratri.
Checkout the Video in recipe card on How to make the nutritious meal of Vrat Ke Kadhi Chawal for fasting days/Navratri
About the Recipe
Kadhi is a yogurt based curry made with yogurt with besan(chickpea flour added to it). It is tempered with spices likes fenugreek seeds cumin seeds , chilli powder and herbs like curry leaves and coriander leaves.
Vrat Ki Kadhi is made with the flour that Singhara Atta(Chestnut Flour), Rajgira Atta(Amaranth Flour). The curry can be tempered with the spices as per one's dietary preference during fasting period. I usually like to keep it simple with curry leaves and green chillies and ginger. I like to have Vrat Ki kadhi with Plain Sama Rice or Sama Rice Pulao. Both are no fuss dishes and can be prepared in jiffy. During fasting when you need to go to work, you can make these quickly and pack for lunch. Since there are no spices used in these recipes these come under Satvik food and are light on stomach.Many times I also love to have it like soup, it is so warm and comforting with the flavor from curry leaves and ginger.
What I need to make Vrat Ki Kadhi
Plain Yogurt, Chestnut Flour(Singhara Atta) or Amaranth Flour(Rajgira Atta), Curry leaves and green chillies, jaggery powder and ghee.
Recipe card for Vrat ki Kadhi
Vrat Ki Kadhi
- 1 Cup Yogurt/Curd
- 1-2 Tbsp Rajgira Atta(Amaranth flour)/Singhara Atta(Chestnut flour)
- 3-4 Curry Leaves
- 1-2 Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Desi Ghee
- Sendha Namak/ Himalayan Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Crushed and roasted peanuts optional
- 1 tsp Jaggery Powder
- In a bowl, add Kadhi, flour and mix well.
- In a pan add desi ghee, when the is hot enough, add curry leaves, crushed and green chillies.
- Add yogurt mix, add a cup of water and ix well. Aad salt as per taste. Cook it till it boils and starts to thicken.
- Once it comes to desired consistency, take off the flame and enjoy with Vrat ka pulao or vrat ke paranthe.
Do not forget to give your feedback and if you have any queries or questions on the recipes please do ask in the comments section.
Also, please rate the recipe as ratings helps to get more visibility on google searches. The rating tab is just above the comments section.
Fill in your mail id to SUBSCRIBE to the blog, won't spam your mailbox ?!!
Thanks for stopping by, keep coming back!!