Paneer ki Kheer or Indian Cottage Cheese Pudding is one of the easiest and quick kheer recipe that can be made in few minutes and tastes divine. It tastes like rabri or rasmalai crumbled in thickened milk. A healthy dessert perfect for all the age groups, light on the stomach and can be had when you are fasting like during Navratri, Janmashtami or Shivratri. It’s a kind of royal(shahi) treat, the aroma from cardamom, crunch from the nuts and the color of saffron makes it an apt dessert to make and serve to guest during parties and festivals. It can be made using the homemade Paneer or Chenna or store bought Paneer. This kheer tastes best when chilled. Whenever in a mood to have something royal but in short time make this Shahi Paneer Kheer and enjoy the divine taste.
Making this royal treat is quite an easy thing if you have Paneer in hand. For homemade Paneer/Chenna recipe click on the link Homemade Paneer. Keep milk to boil, when it starts to thicken add crumbled Paneer, crushed or finely chopped nuts(almonds, cashew nuts or pistachios), cardamom powder, add few strands of saffron, you can skip it if you don’t have it. Keep on stirring the milk and keep the flame to low. Let the kheer cook for few minutes, when it gets the desired thick consistency, add sugar mix well, cook for another 2-3 minutes and switch off the flame. Once cooled, keep to chill and serve with more nuts. Tastes best when served chilled.
Paneer Ki Kheer
Indian Cottage Cheese Pudding/Paneer Kheer. How to make Paneer Kheer
- Fresh Paneer/Chenna(Indian Cottage Cheese)- 3/4 Cup
- Milk- 1 L
- Chopped and silvered nuts(Almonds, Cashew nuts, Pistachios)- 2-3 Tbsp
- Sugar- 1/2 Cup or as per taste
- Cardamom Powder- 1/4
- Saffron Strands- 7-8
- Keep milk to boil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium flame. After the first boil comes lower the flame and let the milk thicken.
- When the milk starts to thicken add crumbled Paneer/Chenna, crushed or finely chopped nuts(almonds, cashew nuts or pistachios), cardamom powder and saffron.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes till it thickens to desired consistency. Switch off the flame and keep to cool then refrigerate.
- Garnish with more nuts and serve chilled.
Make this simple, yummy and royal kheer for dessert on any festive occasion, for everyday meals and am sure you and your loved ones will love this pudding. This is a gluten-free pudding so apt for those who have gluten allergies.
Give me your feedback in the comments section. If you like my work do follow the blog and also share with your loved ones. If you make it do post a pic of it on my FB page Food Trails.
Thanks for stopping by!!