No Gelatin, No Egg Chocolate Pudding Recipe | Learn how to make Eggless, Gelatin free, Agar Agar Free Easy Chocolate Pudding
Chocolate Pudding... no eggs, no gelatin/agar-agar. The silken, smooth, creamy pudding is a simple no fuss recipe that is so easy and quick to make.
A light dessert that you can enjoy after your meas or serve it on hot summer afternoon topped with berries and fruits.
An ultimate and delicious dessert that is so easy and quick to make. It is gluten-free and can be made vegan-friendly.
My Masi( Maternal Aunt) used to make this pudding for us along with her many delicacies, whenever we visited her. She is a great cook and whips up delicious meals within no time. While I learned my daily cooking and basics from my mom, she was the one who inspired me to try out new dishes and introduced me to the world of home-cooked pasta, noodles, presenting desserts in different ways and many more. She used to serve this with chopped fruits, jelly and loads of chopped chocolate.
Chill it for a few hours and serve it with fruits, jam, chopped chocolate, nuts of your choice. Or, make a trifle, serve it with over a piece of cake or warm brownie or have it just like that. My favourite way of eating is to add berries, some mixed fruit/strawberry jam. Kids love it with loads of chopped chocolate.
Some of the other chilled desserts that you will like to checkout for your kids, backyard summer parties or potlucks.
Ingredients for Eggless Chocolate Pudding
Made with 3 basic ingredients milk, cocoa powder and vanilla flavoured custard powder that is used for thickening and gives it a creamy texture.
If you follow a vegan diet or have are lactose intolerant than you can use plant based milk like Almond Milk, Soy Milk in place of dairy milk.
To sweeten it I use Raw Cane Sugar. Health-wise it is better to use Raw organic sugars than the synthetic castor sugar.But you use castor sugar in the recipe.
If you live outside India, Custard Powder is available in Indian grocery stores. It is used for making Eggless Vanilla Pudding/Custard that for years is one of the favourite desserts of most of the Indian families. I use Brown and Polson Vanilla Custard Powder, any other brand will also be good.
If you don't have custard powder you can substitute it with Cornstarch and vanilla essence.
Chocolate Pudding(Eggless, Gelatin-free)
- 500 ml Milk or (2¼ Cup)
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder (¼ Cup)
- 4 tbsp Vanilla Flavored Custard Powder (¼ Cup)
- Raw Cane Sugar/Coconut Sugar as required
Garnish/Toppings( use any)
- Chopped fruits like berries
- Chopped Chocolate(Milk/White/Dark)
- Chopped roasted nuts like Almonds and Cashew Nuts
- Fruit Jelly
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan. Keep aside cold 50ml (¼Cup) of milk in a bowl.
- Mix in custard powder/ cornstarch and cocoa powder in cold milk. Mix well, avoiding any dry lumps.
- Let the milk come to boil, stir in cocoa/custard powder mix. Stir continuously for a minute to avoid any lump formation. Keep it mixing until it gets a thick and creamy texture.
- Add sugar and mix well, keep stirring and cook for a minute.
- Take away from the flame.
- Transfer to a bowl for cooling, keep stirring it every now and then to avoid a film forming on the top. Cover with a plate or dish.
- When it cools down completely, cover with a cling wrap, press it to the pudding and keep it in the refrigerator to chill. Or ,simply cover with a plate.
- Serve it chilled topped with fruits nuts or chocolate shavings(white/milk chocolate).
One of the easiest desserts to make for your parties, potlucks and special occasions. Serve in a bowl and enjoy it just like that or turn it into a gourmet dessert topped with berries/ fruits, chopped nuts and chocolate!!
For kid's party, serve it in a fun way in mini edible Chocolate bowls or cups. Kids will love it.
Whenever you make this delicious Chocolate Pudding, do give me your feedback in comments.
You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!