Eggless Gelatine-free Custard recipe with fresh seasonal fruits
Fruit Custard is a simple and easy recipe that gives most of us fond memories of our childhood. Those were the days when making for guests or special occasions was limited to Indian Traditional desserts like Gajar ka Halwa, Sooji Halwa or sweets from local mithaiwala(local traditional Sweet makers)or pastries from local bakery shop were a trend, chilled Custard with loads of fruits used to be a favorite when it came to quick and easy cooking during summers.
Fruit custard a simple and easy dish that mom used to make often during summers with fresh and locally available fruits or whenever there were some guests invited for lunch/dinner.
Custard recipe without Eggs..
This custard is eggless made with vanilla flavored Custard Powder that is available in India. This custard powder is nothing but vanilla flavored cornstarch/cornflour(known in India). Outside India, it is available at any Indian grocery store. Any brand is good but my personal favorite is Brown and Polson.
Check out another yummy pudding recipe from my blog that uses custard powder..another quick and easy eggless and gelatin-free recipe Chocolate Pudding.
Let’s see how I make this easy Eggless, Gelatine-free Fruit Custard
To make this we need milk, any good brand custard powder, fresh fruits chopped. Take any locally available fruits like apples, oranges, bananas, strawberries, grapes .. any fruit of your choice.
Chop fruits, keep covered and refrigerate. If you are adding bananas, add just before adding to custard. You can sprinkle a tsp of sugar on fruits or mix 1-2 tsp of Orange Marmalade.
- Keep 1l milk for boiling in any heavy bottomed pan. Let it come to boil.
- Take 1/4 cup milk in a bowl to it add 3-4 Tbsp of custard powder to it and mix. Custard will start to thicken.
- Add sugar to it and stir nicely and keep on stirring, taking care not to burn the milk at bottom.
- Once custard thickens to desired consistency, this will take another 2 minutes. Take off the pan from flame and transfer to a serving bowl to cool. To avoid skin getting formed on it, cover the bowl with a lid or cling film.
- Refrigerate to chill for a couple of hours before serving.
Assembling Custard and Fruits
- Chop fruits cover and refrigerate.
- For serving, in individual serving bowls, put few spoonfuls of fruits and top it with chilled custard.
Top it with some more fruits and enjoy!!
Chilled Eggless Vanilla Custard served with fresh fruits
- Milk-1 L
- Sugar-1/4 cup( adjust as per your taste)
- Custard Powder-3-4 Tbsp
- Chopped mixed fruits as many as you like to add 🙂
- Take 1 l of milk in a heavy bottomed pan, reserve 1/4 cup of milk for later use in a bowl and put rest to boil on medium flame.
- Once milk boils, lower the flame and let it boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add custard powder in 1/4 cup of the milk that was reserved for later use and mix well.
- Add to the boiling milk and mix well, stir well so that no lumps are formed.
- Stir in sugar and mix well.
- Cook custard for 2-3 mins, till it thickens to desired consistency.
- Transfer to another bowl for cooling. Once it cools down, cover and keep it in a refrigerator to chill.
- For serving, take individual bowls, add few spoonfuls of chopped fruits, add custard and top it with some more fruits and enjoy delicious chilled mixed fruit custard!!
I am sure you and your loved ones will surely love this delicious chilled treat. Make for special occasions or just liked that.
Do give your feedback in the comments section, and follow the blog to updates on more such yummy recipes. I promise your mailbox won’t be spammed!! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!!