How to make Air Fryer Cheesy Malai Broccoli Tikka | Malai Broccoli Tikka in Air Fryer (and Oven recipe also included)
Stepwise detailed written and video recipe for Malai Broccoli in Air Fryer and Oven.
Cheesy Malai Broccoli Tikka is a a delicious appetizer/starter perfect for your cocktail parties and dinner menus. Fresh crisp broccoli marinated in creamy marinade and roasted in oven or air fryer is family favorite and a crowd pleaser.
If you are bored of making and serving the same old Paneer tikka at your parties and get togethers and want to impress your guests with something new then, try this Cheesy Malai Broccoli Recipe which is an ideal pick for the starter menu.
- About Malai Broccoli Tikka
- Reasons to love this Air Fryer Cheesy Malai Broccoli
- Ingredients to make Malai Broccoli Tikka
- How to make Cheesy Broccoli Tikka
- Prepare Broccoli
- Can we make Baked Malai Broccoli Tikka in Oven
- Serving Suggestions
- Can we freeze Broccoli Tikka
- Can I make Malai Broccoli Tikkas on grill
- Storing the leftovers
- Recipes with Broccoli from the blog
About Malai Broccoli Tikka
Malai Broccoli Tikka is made with broccoli marinated in a cheesy tandoori marinade made has yogurt, cream, cheese and spices.
Broccoli is one of the nutritious vegetable is a loved by many. It is fibre rich, packed with Vit. C and K, iron and potassium. It can be consumed both raw and cooked.
Steaming and roasting broccoli has more health benefits as it is easily digestible.
One of our favorite ways of having broccoli is making this malai tikka. Even my kids have approved it as they love the cheesy and creamy broccoli with a crunch.
Reasons to love this Air Fryer Cheesy Malai Broccoli
It is super easy to make.
A no fuss recipe, made with easily available ingredients at home.
Under 30 mins recipe from start to finish.
It can be made ahead of your parties and get togethers.
Advantages of having Air Fryer at Home
Investing in an Air Fryer is one of the best decisions that we can make for our kitchen. This kitchen gadget is so handy and there are so many options available nowadays. It can be used for baking, as a substitute to frying (one of the best) and roasting the veggies, snacks.
- Air frying cuts down the amount of oil used for deep frying snacks.
- Deep frying certain food items may produce some cancer causing compounds. Air frying reduces the risk of formation of such compounds.
- No standing over the cooking dish and continuous monitoring.
- Use it to crisp the frozen food instead of deep frying which is more fuss, quick and more health friendly.
Air fryers are handy kitchen gadgets and do not occupy much counter space.
Use your Air Fryer in everyday cooking and you can even bake cakes and muffins as per the capacity of your Air Fryer.
Checkout the various Air Fryer Recipes form the blog here--> AIR FRYER RECIPES Vegetarian and Vegan
A crowd pleaser, loved both by grown ups and kids.
Ingredients to make Malai Broccoli Tikka
Broccoli- I prefer using fresh green crisp broccoli. I don't prefer using frozen broccoli in the recipe. Tikkas taste best with fresh ingredients.
Onions, Red Bell Peppers (optional). These two ingredients pair so well with tikkas. Add for more crunch sweet taste.
Ingredients for Marinade
Ginger Garlic Paste or Ginger and Garlic Powder, Lemon juice
Dairy-Plain Yogurt(hung/greek), Dairy(Heavy) Cream, Cream Cheese/Any cheese spread, Mozzarella Cheese.
Chickpea flour or Cornflour/Cornstarch, Honey Mustard Dressing
Fenugreek Leaves(Kasuri Methi), Dry Mint Leaves. Dried mixed herbs or oregano, Italian seasoning instead of fenugreek leaves and mint leaves.
Spices- Red Chilli Powder/Paprika, Garam Masala, Salt and Oil. Chaat Masala to sprinkle before serving(optional).
Substitutes to make Vegan Broccoli Tikka
Use Plant based yogurt and cheese spread for vegan tikka. Or, use Cashew Cream/Cheese. You can also use coconut cream but that will add a nutty coconut taste to tikka.
For Honey Mustard Dressing, use mustard powder or Dijon mustard(Vegan) and maple syrup or sugar in the marinade.
How to make Cheesy Broccoli Tikka
Take bright green fresh broccoli head. Clean and cut the florets. Blanch Broccoli and then leave it on colander to drain extra water. Pat dry with tissue/kitchen towel.
Lightly roast the chickpea flour. If using cornflour/starch add it directly.
In a bowl mix together yogurt, cream cheese/cheese spread, grated mozzarella cheese, ginger garlic paste/powder, dried mint leaves, kasuri methi, all the spices, lemon juice, sugar salt and oil.
Add broccoli florets and coat the marinade nicely.
Leave for about 15-30 mins.
Preheat the air fryer and air fry for 6-7 mins. Do not cook for long as broccoli takes less time cook and may lose the texture and crunch.
Can we make Baked Malai Broccoli Tikka in Oven
Yes you can make Broccoli Tikkas in oven.
Marinate broccoli and preheat the oven. Bake for about 6-7 mins in preheated oven.
You can serve it as an appetizer/starter with green chutney, sweet chilli sauce or mint yogurt dip. This spinach and mint dip or cheesy herb dip also goes well with the tikkas.
Serve as side with pulao and main meals.
Or, use it in wraps with paneer tikka or other grilled veggies to make a filling wrap.
Add to salad bowls.
Can we freeze Broccoli Tikka
I always make a fresh batch of tikkas as these are super easy and quick to make. So, can't comment on how long it stays good or can be frozen.
You can keep marinated broccoli refrigerated for a day. Make it ahead of your parties and air fry/bake/grill before serving.
You can also prepare and cook the Broccoli tikkas few hrs before your party. Reheat on low temperature at preheat mode for 2 mins. Do not microwave the tikkas to reheat, it will turn soggy .
Can I make Malai Broccoli Tikkas on grill
You can very well grill the broccoli on tandoors in skewers or use a grill plate. Cook for 3-4 mins or till broccoli is a bit charred.
Storing the leftovers
Refrigerate the leftovers and finish by the next day.
Check out these other tikka/grilled vegetable recipes from the blog which you will absolutely love to make again and again
Basil Pesto Paneer Tikka, Tandoori Gobhi/Cauliflower Tikka, Grilled Veggies with creamy cilantro dip, Air Fryer Stuffed mushrooms,
Recipes with Broccoli from the blog
Broccoli is one of the nutrient rich veggies and one should definitely include it in their diet if there are no dietary limitations as suggested by your doc or nutritionist.
Broccoli and Mushroom Stir Fry(Chinese Style)
Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce
Air Fryer Broccoli Malai Tikka
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
- Pans to blanch Broccoli, roast Chickpea flour
- 1 head Broccoli medium size
- 1 tbsp Chickpea Flour/Gram flour /Besan
- ½ Cup Greek Yogurt or Hung Curd
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese or any Plain Cheese Cpread
- 2 tbsp Dairy Cream/Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Grated Mozzarella or any other cheese
- 1 tbsp Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic and Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Dry Mint leaves
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- 1-2 tsp Red Chilli Powder/Paprika
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Chaat Masala
- Mint Yogurt Dip or any sauce of your choice
For Mint Yogurt Dip
- 1-2 tbsp Green Chutney Mint Coriander Chutney
- ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Clean and separate broccoli florets.1 head Broccoli
- Dry roast gram flour/chickpea flour on low flame till it starts to give aroma. Take care not to burn it.1 tbsp Chickpea Flour/Gram flour
- In a pan boil water, add a tsp salt and when water starts boiling add broccoli florets.
- Keep in hot water for few seconds and then take out.
- Transfer to cold water. Keep in it for 1 minute and then drain the water.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for marinade.½ Cup Greek Yogurt, 2 tbsp Cream Cheese, 2 tbsp Dairy Cream/Heavy Cream, 2 tbsp Grated Mozzarella, 1 tbsp Honey Mustard Sauce, 1 tbsp Garlic and Ginger paste, 1 tsp Dry Mint leaves, 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves, 1-2 tsp Red Chilli Powder/Paprika, 1 tbsp Garam Masala, Juice of half lemon, Salt as per taste, 1 tbsp Oil
- Mix nicely and add broccoli florets.
- Coat all the florets nicely in marinade.
- Keep for about 15 mins.
Air Fry Broccoli Tikkas
- Preheat Air Fryer at 180°C or 350°F.
- Arrange marinated broccoli florets in air fryer basket.
- Air Fry for 6-7 mins.
- Sprinkle with chaat masala and serve hot with mint yogurt dip or your favorite dip.Chaat Masala, Mint Yogurt Dip or any sauce of your choice
Make Mint Yogurt Dip
- Mix together green chutney and greek yogurt, sugar and salt as per taste.1-2 tbsp Green Chutney, ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt, 1 tsp Sugar, Salt to taste
Make Broccoli Tikka in Oven
- Marinate broccoli and preheat the oven at 180°C or 350°F.
- Arrange broccoli florets on baking tray.
- Bake for about 6-7 mins in preheated oven.
Substitutes to make Vegan Broccoli TikkaUse Plant based yogurt and cheese spread for vegan tikka. Or, use Cashew Cream/Cheese. You can also use coconut cream but that will add a nutty coconut taste to tikka. For Honey Mustard Dressing, use mustard powder or Dijon mustard(Vegan) and maple syrup or sugar in the marinade.
Do try this creamy cheesy tikka and serve broccoli this way to amaze your family and friends.
Please do share your feedback if you find this post useful. And, if you have any queries or questions on the recipes please do ask in the comments section.
Also, please rate the recipe as ratings helps to get more visibility on google searches. The rating tab is just above the comments section.
Say Hello!! and visit my social media accounts.. FB, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and You-Tube.
Fill in your mail id to SUBSCRIBE to the blog, won't spam your mailbox ?!!
Thanks for stopping by, keep coming back!!
Leave a Reply