Last Updated on
How to make Bakery Style Pineapple Pastries | Eggless Pineapple Pastry Recipe
Updated post with new pics and recipe card..
Who doesn’t love Pineapple Pastries??!! Soft, spongy, moist, melt in mouth Mini Sponge Cakes frosted with whipped cream and decorated with pineapple chunks and cherries or jam!!A perfect combination of sweet and tart.
Not everyone is a fan of chocolate(like me:)) but I am sure everyone loves Pineapple Pastries. Does the mention of Pineapple Pastries took you back in time??… where the child in you ate the pineapple and cherry first, licked some cream from the top before taking a bite!!
Or, took you back in time when your mom treated your friends with these delights when they came home for some project completion or group studying!! Or, to the time when these were relished by you and your friends outside a bakery shop for some treat!!!
What are Pastries in India
Pastries are the general term used worldwide for anything that is baked in fat and flour like Puff Pastries, Pies, Croissants etc.. But for those who are from India, pastries are also, the small rectangular pieces of cake. These are mainly sold in bakeries, with fresh whipped cream frosting in different flavors and decorated with different fruits or chocolate shavings.
Most famous are the Pineapple and the Black Forest pastries. Earlier these were made from fat-free sponges that had only eggs and flour but nowadays eggless versions are also there in the market since many people prefer eggless bakes.
My fondness for Pineapple Pastries dates back to my childhood days, mom used to bring these for me and my sis from the only bakery shop that was in our town back in those days. Till date whenever I or my sis go to our hometown, we make sure to have the Pineapple Pastries from that shop. Though we have tasted pastries from different places the ones from our town and from the Wengers in Connaught Place New Delhi still remain our favorite.
How to make Pineapple Pastries at home
Making these pastries at home is very easy. Bake a sponge(egg/eggless), whip some fresh cream, add up pineapple chunks, frost the cake with cream and cut into desired pieces.
Chill for sometime before serving it so that the cream sets well.
- 1 8*8 Vanilla Sponge
- 2 cups Heavy Cream(Dairy or Non-Dairy)
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar(To whip cream) (1 per cup of heavy cream)
- 1 tbsp Pineapple Essence or any Fruity Essence
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice(Store bought/ Homemade) to soak cake/sponge
- ½ Cup Pineapple pieces cut into small chunks/ bite-sized pieces
- Pineapple pieces as required
- Strawberry/ Mixed Fruit Jam(Optional)
- Maraschino Cherries for decoration(Optional)
- Small Fruits Slices like Strawberry/Kiwi
- Bake the eggless sponge as per the recipe. You can divide the batter in half bake two sponges using sheet pans or bake one sponge in a circular or square tin (8x8), and cut in half as I have done for the recipe.
- Let the sponges cool completely before using or cutting.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream and keep in the refrigerator. For this, we need a bowl and a whisk/egg beater. For the detailed process and tips to whip perfect heavy cream .Checkout link in Notes for how to whipped Cream for Frosting.
- Or, you can also use store bought Cool Whip.
- Trim the sides and cut the sponge in half.
- With the help of a pastry brush/spoon/spray bottle, soak both halves in pineapple juice. Take care not to use too much of juice as the sponge may get too soggy. The cake should be moist.
- If you are using canned pineapple for making pastries, drain the juice and reserve for soaking the sponge. Add some sugar syrup. Scroll below, for how to make pineapple juice.
- Take half of the whipped cream in a bowl, add the crushed pineapple pieces to it and fold gently.
- Spread the cream generously on one half of the sponge.Layer some pineapple chunks on top of the cream.
- Cover with another half.
- Spread cream evenly on top and smoothen it, with the help of a spatula.
- Carefully cut the cake into desired pieces of pastry. Use a sharp knife.
- Decorate the individual pastry pieces with pineapple chunks and cherry/ jam. I used jam here as my kids like jam more and also I ran out of cherries. You can also decorate it with strawberry or kiwi slices.
To make Pineapple Juice for soaking sponge
- In case you don't have pineapple juice, make sugar syrup by boiling 1/2 cup sugar with 1/2 cup of water.
- Let the water boil until the sugar dissolves, switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Blend few pineapple pieces with the sugar syrup and use it for soaking the sponge.
- This syrup can be stored(refrigerated/frozen) to be used for later use in cakes and sponges.
Step-wise pics for How to make Pineapple Pastries
Old Pic , Pastry with Strawberry Jam
Make these easy peasy melt in mouth Pineapple Pastries for your loved ones on special occasions. These taste the same even better from your favourite bakery, as it made with fresh ingredients and with lots of love!!
Checkout other special desserts from the blog.. Custard Trifle, Eggless Tiramisu Mousse,Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse, Mango Cardamom Cupcakes, Vanilla Bean Funfetti Cupcakes(Easter Special), Strawberry Cream, White Chocolate Pudding, Chocolate Tarts with Ferraro Rocher Mousse and many more..
Whenever you make this do give me your feedback in comments. You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!!