Last Updated on
Chocolate Tarts with Ferrero Rocher Mousse recipe
Eggless, Chocolate Tarts made with Whole Wheat Flour and filled with Eggless, Gelatin-free Mousse with Ferrero Rocher
Easy to put up dessert that you can make for your parties and get-togethers or just like that for treating your loved ones.
It’s the last day of 2018, and last day for the Bake-A-Thon, a baking event of which I am a part of since last one month. It’s been a great experience and learning with some of the wonderful bloggers. Last day of the year started a bit late for us as had potluck party with friends at our place, yesterday evening ended with amazing food and good time spent with everyone!!
Desserts for party from the blog, that you can make for a big gathering.. Baklava Rolls, Eggless Blondies, Strawberry Cream, White Chocolate Pudding, Chocolate Pudding, Mango Kalakand in Parle-G Tarts, Mango Mousse , Lamingtons and many more.
Today morning got up to a chilly morning with freezing rain. I had to bake something for the last day of Bake-A-Thon and decided to bake something different for kids!! Last one month I did a lot of cakes like this Light Fruitcake, baked bread (Basil Pesto Bread), savory crackers (Baked Parmesan Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Crackers) etc. and it clicked me that I don’t have any post on tarts. I had some Chocolate Ganache left in the refrigerator, a box of Cool Whip and then I knew what special I am making for my sweethearts!!
Chocolate Tarts with Ferrero Rocher Mousse. Making a dessert using Ferrero Rocher was in my mind since the time I saw my fellow blogger Mayuriji’s post on Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake. Mayuriji is and an amazing blogger with a lot of experience. She blogs at Mayuri’s Jikoni’s, do check her blog with wonderful posts..
Coming back to Chocolate Tart and Ferrero Rocher Mousse, I have mentioned the recipes for tarts and mousse separately for my readers’ convenience.
Chocolate tart shells can be made 1-2 days ahead and can be used with various mousse, cheesecakes or fruits or custard and pudding fillings.
For Ferrero Rocher mousse, we need chocolate ganache, whipped cream. I used Chocolate Ganache that was leftover after making chocolate truffles. I added 1-2 Tbsp of milk to adjust the consistency of ganache as the ganache used for making Truffles is thicker than used for making a mousse.
Keep the tarts to set in refrigerator and serve.
Pls Note: You can make small bite sized tarts using small tart shells. And can serve Mousse in Phyllo pastry shells or Puff pastry canapes or in shot glasses for individual servings.
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour or All purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Butter(Salted)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- In a bowl, mix together butter, essence and sugar till smooth. Don't beat till light and fluffy.
- Sift together whole wheat flour/all purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Add a pinch of salt if using unsalted butter.
- Add to the butter and sugar mix, and mix together till it comes together. Don't over mix it, the crust will become hard.
- Arrange the dough into loose-bottomed tart shells. You can use one big tart pan also. This dough will give you 4 tart shells. If you double the recipe you will get 8 tart shells.
- Keep all the shells in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325F or 170C. Bake the shells for 10-12 minutes.
- Once baked, take out of the oven, after 2-3 minutes when shells start to cool, take out very carefully and cool completely on a wire rack. Don't try to take the shells out when warm, as these are very soft and can break while taking out.
- Keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator, till ready to use. These tart shells can be stored for 3-4 days.
Ferrero Rocher Mousse
- 1 Cup Chocolate Ganache
- 1 Cup Whipped Cream or you can use Cool Whip
- 3-4 Pieces Ferrero Rocher
- 4-5 Blueberries for garnish
- Make Chocolate Ganache.
- Whip the cream. If you are using Cool Whip, use directly.
- Fold ganache and cream together.
- Crush Ferrero Rocher and fold lightly in the mousse.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use. Cover the bowl with a cling film.
- To assemble the tarts, fill with 2-3 tbsp. of mousse or as required, top or garnish with more crushed Ferrero Rocher or blueberries or nuts of your choice.
Kids loved the addition of Ferrero Rocher to the silken mouse. The Chocolate Tart Shells filled with the silken mousse are ideal make-ahead dessert for your parties and get-togethers. Trust me both the kids and grown-ups will love these.
2019 is almost here, had a fabulous 2018. Started my blog, met some amazing bloggers, grateful to all the readers who have appreciated and always give feedback to my work. Looking forward to 2019 time for new hopes, wishes, learnings. I wish all of you Wonderful, Amazing, Happy and Prosperous 2019!! Have a great year ahead!!
I am taking this to Bake-A-Thon, the last post for the event this year. I had a great time doing posts for Bake-A-Thon and a big Thanks to Srivalli of Cooking4allSeasons for including me in the event. Thanks to all the co-bloggers too from whom learned a lot.
If you like my work, then do hit the follow button and subscribe to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones. I promise won’t spam your mailbox 🙂.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!!