Soft and Moist Eggless Sponge Cake recipe with yogurt and buttermilk
Eggless Sponge cake that can be used for making eggless cakes, desserts, entremets, cake pops.
The recipe uses yogurt/curd and buttermilk( made with milk and apple cider vinegar). I have used all purpose flour/maida in the recipe you can use whole wheat flour or both all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour in 1:1 ratio. You can bake this cake in square or round cake tin.
Eggless Sponge Cake
- 1⅓ Cup All-purpose flour 200gms
- 1/3 Cup Butter 80 gms
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil(or any flavorless oil) 80gms
- ¾ Cup Castor Sugar 160 gms
- 4 tbps Yogurt / Curd
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Essence 5 ml
- Milk 150 ml
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar/ Synthetic Vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Add vinegar to milk, and leave without stirring.
- Prepare baking pan, grease with some oil/ butter/shortening using a pastry brush or butter paper, and evenly dust with flour, tap the pan inverted to dust off the extra flour.
- Sieve together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a dry bowl. Keep aside.
- Beat in butter, oil, essence and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in yogurt and beat till a little more.
- Fold in flour alternating with buttermilk in three turns.
- Gently fold in all the flour until it forms a smooth batter. Do not overbeat the batter.
- Transfer batter to cake pan and bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes at 350°F or 180°C.Once baked, take out from the oven, give it a 2-minute rest and transfer carefully to a cooling rack to completely cool it.
Stepwise procedure for Eggless Sponge
Use as required, once it cools completely. Or wrap it in a cling wrap and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. You can also freeze it for a month, thaw in the refrigerator before use.
Do try this soft and moist eggless sponge cake recipe with yogurt and give me your feedback.
Check out other cake and quick bread recipes from the blog.. Eggless Double Chocolate Banana Bread, Nutella Swirl Choco-chip Pumpkin Bread, Mango and Cardamom Cupcakes, Thandai flavoured Mawa Bundts, Almond Orange Cake
If you like my work, then do hit the follow button and subscribe to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by!!