Vanilla Bean Flavored Funfetti Cupcakes with DIY Marshmallow Bunnies and Easter eggs
Perk up your Easter celebrations with these cute Vanilla Bean Funfetti Cupcakes topped with Marshmallow Bunnies and other treats. An easy and fun project to do with your kids.
Spring and Easter Celebrations
Spring is here and so is Easter Sunday. We are still waiting for the spring colors to show up here in Iowa. With Easter egg Hunts all around the city, the place seems to cheer up a little. Egg Hunts are fun with colorful eggs all around and kids running up and collecting as many as eggs they can!! The colorful baskets, candies, and Easter treats!!
On Wednesday, when my little one came back from school announced as he got down from the school bus that he wants some vanilla cream cupcakes for the Easter and wants to make some marshmallow bunnies. I told that on Saturday morning we can do all the baking for Easter. I had a pack of marshmallows the small ones and told him that we could make only the small bunnies as we didn’t have the big Campfire Marshmallows. He was fine with it. Today he got up early yes.. I didn’t have to wake him up!! and then made the Easter treats–Vanilla Bean Funfetti Cupcakes and Marshmallow Baby Bunnies. We decorated the cupcakes with baby bunnies and Hershey’s Egg Chocolate. My little boy was quite proud of his bunnies and happy that he helped mom in baking the yummiest cupcakes!!
How to make Vanilla Bean Funfetti Cupcakes for Easter
This is a basic Vanilla Cake recipe with eggs, which you can use for making Basic Vanilla Cake and Cupcakes. instead of Vanilla Essence I used Vanilla Bean Paste.
If you don’t have the vanilla bean paste, you can use vanilla essence. I always add some yogurt to cake batter be it eggless or with eggs. It keeps the cake moist and soft!!
Added sprinkles or Funfetti to cake batter. You can also color the batter with different colors or add Choco chips.
I use Whole Wheat Flour for the cupcakes, you can use All purpose Flour or a combination of both.
For Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe, click –>Eggless Sponge Cake with Yogurt and Buttermilk
Detailed Ingredients and Method in Recipe Card
Stepwise Pics to for making Cupcakes..
To make Icing or Whipped Cream
For the frosting, whip the cream. Refer to the detailed procedure of how to whip cream here. We used whipped cream to stick marshmallow pieces together and black color for the eyes with a toothpick.
For Marshmallow bunnies I referred this tutorial. I clicked some pictures while making bunnies. Some of the bunny making steps are missing like sticking the hands and legs ,both me and my son got too engrossed in making these cuties that I missed taking pictures in between.
Assemble Cupcakes and Bunnies—
Divide whipped cream in separate bowls and color the cream with colors that you want to pipe flowers. I added green color to one part for piping grass on cupcakes and other two parts with red and blue.
Pipe whipped cream on cupcakes and decorate with eggs or other treats. You can pipe some beautiful flowers using different piping nozzles. My baby boy who helped me in piping the cream on the cupcakes :), was so proud he was of his work!!
Recipe Card for Vanilla Bean Funfetti Cupcakes for Easter
Vanilla Bean Funfetti Cupcakes for Easter
For Vanilla Cupcakes with Eggs
- 1⅔ Cup All Purpose Flour Whole Wheat Flour (223 gms)
- 1 Stick Butter(Salted) 113 gm or ½ Cup
- 1 Cup Raw Cane Sugar or Castor Sugar take ¾ Cup for less sweet cupcakes
- 1 Eggs(medium)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or Vanilla Essence(1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Yogurt
- ¾-1 Cup Milk add as required
- Preheat oven to 350° F or 180° C. If using an OTG, preheat fro 10-12 mins at 180°C with both rods and fan ON Mode
- Line the cupcake tray with Cupcake Liners.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. If you are using unsalted butter, add ¼ tsp of salt.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, add bean paste/essence and yogurt and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs one by one, don't beat too much as the eggs can curdle.
- Add and fold the flour in 3 parts, add milk if the batter is thick. The batter should be of ribbon consistency.
- Transfer the batter to cupcake tray, filling each well to 2/3.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick comes clean in the center.
- Cool completely to ice and decorate.
To frost and decorate Cupcakes
- Whip cream and divide into two portions. Check Notes on How To Whip Cream
- Add color to each portion. I used pink and blue you can use any of your favourite.
- Pipe icing on cupcakes and decorate with Marshmallow Bunnies , Easter eggs and other candies.
How to make Marshmallow Bunnies
- Checkout details in my post
- For Marshmallow bunnies I referred this tutorial.
Make these colorful cupcakes for any occasion, brighten these up with colorful sprinkles or piped flowers.
I took some of the cupcakes to a dear friend who invited us for dinner today. All the kids loved these cupcakes and especially these marshmallow bunnies.
Hope you will enjoy making these cupcakes, involve kids, it is always fun to do something creative with them.
HAPPY AND FUN FILLED EASTER EVERYONE!!
More cake recipes on the blog… Eggless Chocolate Cake(with condensed milk),
Classic Brownie(with Eggs),
Whenever you make it, do give me your feedback in comments. If you have any doubts pls msg or write in comments..
You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use. If you like the recipe, pls do rate the recipe. Rating tab is just above the comments. Rating helps to make my blog more visible in Google searches and more people can discover my blog.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!!