Eggless Strawberry Cake Recipe with Multigrain flour | Learn how to make Eggless Strawberry Cake
Eggless Strawberry Cake made with multigrain flour, has goodness of fresh juicy strawberries and fresh apples which make the cake so moist and melt in mouth.
Here I bring you another delicious way to enjoy your favorite berries.. Strawberries tea cake!! This Strawberry cake is loaded with health friendly ingredients and can be enjoyed by all the age groups.
It’s a perfect tea/coffee time snack for grown ups, for kid’s lunch boxes or snack time and you can even serve it at your high tea parties and potluck parties.
The cake is so quick to put together with all the readily available ingredients in your pantry. All you need is a box full of juicy, bright red strawberries. The house is filled with heavenly smell of baking fresh berries that makes you crave more of this tea cake.
After baking all you have to do is to make everyone and yourself too wait patiently, so the cake cools down completely. Trust me this cake will be gone as soon as it is baked. You can enjoy it just like that or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a warm custard/chocolate sauce on chilly winter evenings..
A perfect dessert to enjoy with your loved ones on special or not so special occasions!!
Baking with Strawberries
We love strawberries and when these juicy pretty berries are in season (especially in India for short time), we enjoy the fruit to the fullest in every possible way.
You can add roughly chopped strawberries to the cake batter, but I like to cook a bit of the pieces, not completely like the strawberry crush but just enough that the juices come out. You can follow whichever way you like, the cake will come out moist bursting with the flavor of berries.
While adding berries pieces, remember not to add large chunks as the fruit will sink down to bottom. Also, dust berry pieces in a tbsp of flour.
Other recipes with Strawberries-
Ingredients to make Eggless Strawberry Multigrain Cake
Multigrain Flour– The cake is made with Multigrain Atta/Flour that is available at all the leading Indian Grocery stores. You can also use Whole Wheat Flour here. I have used Aashirvaad Multigrain Atta/Flour.
Almond Meal/Flour– I have also added Almond meal (homemade as I ran out of Almond Flour), this makes the cake very soft and gives a beautiful crumb.
When using Almond meal add a tbsp of cornstarch(available as Cornflour in India)to make it light and airy.
Incase you do not want to use the Multigrain flour or Whole Wheat Flour, go ahead with All Purpose flour(APF), just lower the amount of liquid a bit as we need less liquid to make the batter with APF. Preferably, use unbleached All Purpose.
What is the difference between Almond Meal and Almond Flour
Almond Meal is different from Almond Flour, both are not the same.
- Almond Meal is made with raw almonds(with peels to fine powder) and Flour is made with balanced and peeled Almonds.
- Flour has a lighter texture than Meal due the absence of the peel particles.
Yogurt– Makes the cake soft and moist.
Buttermilk – Make buttermilk with milk and apple cider vinegar. Please note, this buttermilk is not Chass as used in Indian cuisine. It is made with milk and vinegar and used as egg replacer in baking.
For Vegan Friendly Cake, use any plant based milk like Almond/Soy/Cashew Milk. This acts as egg replacer here and also makes the cake soft and moist.
While making Buttermilk, just add the vinegar to milk and let it stand for about 5-10 mins. Do not stir or mix it. Also, if you can substitute juice of half lemon in place of vinegar.
Other ingredients– Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Sugar( I used Raw Sugar, pls checkout Notes section in recipe card), Strawberry Essence, Orange Marmalade, Olive Oil.
Orange Marmalade(pls checkout Notes section in recipe card) adds a subtle Orange flavor here. You can skip it or add finely chopped Orange peel. Or add Orange/Lemon zest , this adds a wonderful citrusy flavor to this berry cake. Not shown in i the pic below.
Recipe for Homemade Orange Marmalade with jaggery –click here
How to make Eggless Strawberry Multigrain Cake
Made with readily available ingredients at home, you can whip up the cake batter within minutes. Just mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients, transfer the batter to dusted/lined cake tin with parchment paper, and bake in preheated oven.
I baked this cake in 8″ round cheesecake tin. You can bake in your normal 8″ cake tin or 2 6″ cake pan.
To make Strawberry Muffins–
The batter will give you about 8-10 muffins of medium size. To make muffins bake for about 15-20 mins for 350°F or 180°C, in preheated oven.
Detailed steps in Recipe card.
Tips to get perfect moist and soft cake–
- Do not overbeat the batter once you add flour. You will get dense cake. Mix lightly with cut and fold method.
- Cake batter should be of muffin/quick bread consistency as strawberry leave water while baking. Cake can remain uncooked from inside.
- Don’t open the oven door while the cake is baking. Check only after 30 mins. Insert a tooth pick in center. If sticky batter comes on toothpick, cover the tin with aluminum foil, and bake for another 10 mins.
- After 40 mins if still there is batter on the toothpick and the top starts to brown, cover the tin with an aluminum foil and then bake for another 10 mins.
- Leave the cake on countertop or cooling rack and cut only it completely cools down.
Recipe Card for Eggless Strawberry Cake
Eggless Strawberry Cake
- OTG/Oven/Microwave Convention Oven
- 1 pack Fresh Strawberries 250 gm
- 1½ Cup Multigrain/Whole Wheat Flour or Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Almond Flour or Almond Meal(see Notes)
- ¼ Cup Yogurt
- ¾ Cup Raw Cane Sugar or any other organic sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Vanilla/Strawberry Essence
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Orange Marmalade see notes
To make Buttermilk
- ½ Cup Milk or 100 ml
- 1 tbsp Apple cider Vinegar or use any vinegar
To Cook Strawberries(optional)
- 1 tbsp Raw Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C. If using OTG, heat at 180°C with both rods and fan on Mode. In Microwave Convention Oven, preheat at Convention Mode.
- Line with parchment paper or lightly oil a 8" round cake tin.
- If adding strawberry pieces, roughly chop in small pieces and dust with a tbsp of flour.
- Add vinegar to milk and keep aside. Do not stir the milk.
Make Cake Batter
- In a bowl sift and add all the dry ingredients (Flours, Cornstarch Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt) together.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together oil, sugar, yogurt and essence. Beat for 4-5 mins.
- Add strawberry compote and orange marmalade (optional) and mix. Skip this step if adding strawberry pieces.
- Now add dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk carefully and fold the batter lightly. Cake batter should be of muffin like consistency.
- If adding strawberry pieces, add in this step.
- Lightly fold strawberries in cake batter.
- Transfer the batter to a cake pan dusted with flour or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F or 180°C for 40-45 mins. In Microwave Convection Oven it may take about more than 45 mins.
- Once done, checkout with the toothpick. If it comes out clean or with little crumbs, cake is done. It should also leave the sides of the pan.
- Keep on counter for 2 mins then take out carefully on cooling rack. Cool completely before cutting and enjoying a slice.
- For Vegan Friendly version use any plant based milk and yogurt.
- Use Almond Flour in place of Almond Meal.
- You can use APF (All Purpose Flour) in place of Whole Wheat/Multigrain flour and Almond Meal. Or, use flours in any ratio. Total amount of flour used in recipe should be 2 Cups.
- Cornflour/Cornstarch(in US) make dense flours like Whole Wheat Flour/ or Multigrain Flour or Almond meal light and airy. Skip it when using APF.
- Add orange peels if you do not have orange marmalade. Adding peels is also optional. You can use a tsp of lemon zest.
- Keep the consistency of batter just like muffin batter. As strawberries give away water while baking, cake and remain under baked.
- To make Strawberry Muffins- The batter will give you about 8-10 muffins of medium size. To make muffins bake for about 15-20 mins for 350°F or 180°C, in pre-heated oven.
You will these other Eggless Cakes from the blog
Do try this delicious cake with season fresh strawberries. It’s a healthy cake and you can serve it guilt free to your kids and even to your parents.
Whenever you make it, do give me your feedback in comments. If you have any doubts pls o msg or write in comments..
You can post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use. If you like the recipe, pls do rate the recipe. Rating tab is just above the comments.
If you like my work, then do HIT the FOLLOW button and SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by and keep coming back!!