Healthy Oats and Moong Dal Khichdi.. Combination of fibrous oats and protein rich Split Yellow Moong Lentils for a simple,healthy and comforting meal.
Oats Khichdi is ideal for those on who are on low cholesterol and low sugar diets. Easy and no fuss khichdi recipe for the times when we want to have something light, filling and healthy too!! Add vegetables like carrots, peas and tomatoes to it and make it more nutritious.
Benefits of Oats and Moong Lentils
Oats and Moong are rich in fibre and is an incredibly nutritious grain that is rich in carbs and vitamins. A rich of proteins. The grain is rich in antioxidants, cholesterol reducing fibres. Oats are filling, helps to reduce weight and lower the blood sugar levels. Moong Lentils are easy to digest and can be consumed in stomach related ailments.
How to cook Oats and Moong Khichdi
Easy and no fuss Oats Khichdi can be cooked in Pressure Cooker or in Instant Pot. It can is a dump all ingredients and cook kind of dish. Gets ready under 30 minutes from start to finish. I got the recipe from here, and adapted the recipe as my requirements. The original recipe uses garlic and onions, I have skipped these. I also used carrots and peas. It can be a no-onion no-garlic recipe and can be consumed while on detox or weight losing diets.
Oats Khichdi is gluten-free. I cooked it in desi ghee, for the vegan version you can use oil.
Let’s see how I made this fibre rich and delicious healthy Oats and Moong Dal Khichdi
Oats Moong Dal Khichdi
- 1/2 Cup Quick Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Split Yellow Moong Dal
- Ginger(small piece)
- 1/4 Cup Carrots and Peas or Mixed Vegetables
- 1 tsp Cumin See1ds/Jeera
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 tsp Desi Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt as per taste
- Wash and soak Moong Dal for 10 minutes.
- In pressure cooker, add ghee/oil when the oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
- Once seeds crackle, add turmeric powder and green chillies and ginger.
- Drain water from dal and add to the cooker with oats. Saute for 2 minutes, till it gives aroma,
- Add 1.5 cups of water and salt. Mix and close the lid. Cook Khichdi till two whistles.
- Let the pressure from cooker release naturally. Check for the doneness of Khichdi. Adjust the quantity of water of the khichdi is too thick . Cook on medium flame, till the water dries off to the desired consistency,
- You can add desi ghee before having it. Serve it hot as this khichdi gets can get thick after keeping for a few hours.
- This can be served with any raita, buttermilk or even plain yogurt.
Do try this healthy Oats and Moong Dal Khichdi. It is and easy lunch or dinner recipe that is ready within 30 minutes.
If you like my work, then do hit the follow button and subscribe to the blog to get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones. I promise won’t spam your mailbox 🙂.
This is 15th in my series of A-Z Biryani/Pulao/Khichdi dishes, that I am taking to Mega Blogging Marathon April’19.
Day 15. O. Oats and Moong Dal Khichdi
This is an event where I along with a group of fellow bloggers are blogging everyday about Biryani/Pulao/Khichdi dishes this whole April, with Sundays off.
My earlier posts for the event..
Day 1. A.. Aloo Matar Ki Tehri
Day 2. B..Broccoli Mushroom Pulao
Day 3 . C..Chana Dal Khichdi
Day 4. D..Dhaniya Pulao
Day 6. F.. Fresh Mint and Peas Pulao
Day 7. G.. Gatte Ka Pulao
Day 8. H.. Hari Moong Dal Khichdi
Day 9. I.. Iyengar Puliyogare(Instant)
Day 10. J.. Jeera Rice
Day 11. K.. Kashmiri Pulao
Day 12. L.. Lucknowi Veg. Dum Biryani
Day 13. M..Mixed Veg Pulao
Day 14. N.. No-Onion No-Garlic Kadhai Paneer Pulao