Air Fryer Potato Recipe with Mixed Herbs and Garlic | How to make Roasted Potatoes in Air Fryer
Crispy out side and soft inside, one of the best recipes for Roasted Potatoes is here. A super simple side dish which is not only easy and quick to make but also so delicious.
Who doesn't love potatoes?? I love to use it in my cooking. So many vegetables are incomplete with the humble potato.. Like Aloo Gobhi(Cauliflower and Potato Stir fry in Indian style), Gajar Aloo(Carrot and Potato Sit Fry). You can use it to make various side dishes, snacks (Bread Pakora, Aloo Tikki) and many more...
These Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are one of the best sides which you can easily pair with your meals. Be it Dal Rice Combo for Indian meals. Or, a simple light meal with any of your favourite sandwich with soup.
Bite sized Roasted Potatoes in mixed herbs and garlic is also a quick and one of the yummiest appetizer/starter when guests suddenly drop and are perfect for festive meals like Thanksgiving Lunch/Dinner, Diwali and Holi Parties.
Why I need Air Fryer to make Crispy Roasted Potatoes
We can make Roasted Potatoes in Oven too but if we need to make a small batch why to switch on the oven especially in summers when the oven heats up your kitchen. I even use Air Fryer to make the non fried version of Dum Aloo curry. Cutting on oil for cooking the traditional deep fried snacks is the biggest advantage air fryers have and that too without compromising on taste.
Advantages of having Air Fryer at Home
Investing in an Air Fryer is one of the best decisions that we can make for our kitchen. This kitchen gadget is so handy and there are so many options available nowadays. It can be used for baking, as a substitute to frying (one of the best) and roasting the veggies, snacks.
- Air frying cuts down the amount of oil used for deep frying snacks.
- Deep frying certain food items may produce some cancer causing compounds. Air frying reduces the risk of formation of such compounds.
- No standing over the cooking dish and continuous monitoring.
- Use it to crisp the frozen food instead of deep frying which is more fuss, quick and more health friendly.
Air fryers are handy kitchen gadgets and do not occupy much counter space.
Use your Air Fryer in everyday cooking and you can even bake cakes and muffins as per the capacity of your Air Fryer.
Checkout the various Air Fryer Recipes form the blog here--> AIR FRYER RECIPES Vegetarian and Vegan
Can we make Roasted Potatoes with Herbs and Garlic in Oven
Yes of course why not?!! Using your air fryer you can do all the stuff that your oven does. When I have to make roasted potatoes for a big party then I switch on my oven.
Follow the same steps to marinate and prepare the potatoes and bake in preheated oven for 30-40 mins. until brown and soft.
Do we have to boil the potatoes before roasting
There is no need to boil the potatoes before air frying. Marinate the potatoes in seasoning and directly start the process. You will get crispy from outside and creamy inside perfect roasted potatoes.
Ingredients to make Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes with Mixed Herbs and Garlic
Potatoes- I have used baby potatoes variety that is available in India. You can use your regular potatoes also. Cut into quarter or bite sized cubes to prepare for the recipe. For the recipe I used 500 gm baby potatoes (which is equivalent to around 1 lb as per US metrics ).
Use any variety of baby potatoes(Red, Gold or mixed). Russet Potatoes, Idaho any other variety is also good to make roasted potatoes.
Avoid the new potato variety that we have in India. Personally I have never used it to make roasted potatoes.
Clean potatoes very nicely , wash all the dirt and dust from it. You can keep a toothbrush handy to scrape the firm dirt from the potatoes. Also, soaking potatoes in water for about 5-10 minutes before thorough washing makes it easy to clean these tubers.
Oil- Extra Virgin Olive(EVVO) oil is my first choice to make these roasted potatoes. It adds so much flavour to potatoes. Unlike deep frying for the recipe we have use only 1 tbsp of oil. Any other plant based oil is also good to use for the recipe.
Garlic Powder- Adds the garlicky kick to the dish. Many people add minced or very finely chopped garlic. But sometimes the guests or the kids do not like the bits of garlic coming in the bites so I use garlic powder for such recipes. You can add minced garlic mixed in oil and coat the potatoes nicely.
Mixed herbs- This is one of the easiest available options at home. Fell free to use other seasonings like Oregano, Cajun seasoning, Mexican or peri peri. Try the Chaat Masala as suggested in my Smashed Potato Chaat.
Salt- Use salt as per taste, if the seasoning your are using has some salt adjust salt accordingly in the recipe.
How to make Easy Roasted Potatoes in Air Fryer
The recipe is adaptable and you can increase or decrease the amount of potatoes. Adjust the spices and oil as per the potatoes in the recipe.
The only time consuming step in the recipe is washing the potatoes nicely. Rest it takes only 5 mins of preparation time and another `10-15 mins of cooking time.
- Simply wash and clean potatoes.
- Pat dry on kitchen towel.
- Cut the potatoes in half , keep the very small ones as it is. Cut the large potatoes in quarters or bite sized cubes.
- If using whole baby potatoes prick using tooth pick or fork. This help the oil and herbs flavour infuse inside the potatoes and helps the steam to escape.
- Add oil, herbs and salt.
- Coat the potatoes nicely.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 mins. at 180C or 350F.
- Add potatoes in basket. You use air fryer basket liners or parchment paper.
- Air fry for 12-15 mins. 180C or 350F. Shake the basket halfway of the cooking time. Check potatoes after 12 mins.
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowl
- Spatula to flip the potatoes
- 1 lb Baby Potatoes 500 gm
- 1-2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 tsp Mixed Herbs Seasonong
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt as Required
- Wash potatoes very nicely. Soak them in water for 5-10 mins. Then rub off all the dirt Rinse in water 2-3 times.1 lb Baby Potatoes
- Pat dry the potatoes. Use a kitchen towel
- Cut potatoes in half or prick if keeping them whole. Use a fork or tooth pick to prick the potatoes.
- Add oil, herbs, garlic powder and salt(as required).1-2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1-2 tsp Mixed Herbs Seasonong, ½ tsp Garlic Powder, Salt as Required
- Toss well and nicely coat the potatoes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 C.
- Once the Air Fryer is preheated, add the marinated potatoes to the air fryer basket.
- Air Fry the potatoes for 15 mins. at 200°C or 400°F
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or the dip of your choice.
Storing and Reheating
- Refrigerate in an air tight container. Stays good for 4-5 days.
- To reheat, air fry for 4-5 mins at 200°C or 400°F.
Roasted Potatoes in Oven
- Follow the same steps to marinate and prepare the potatoes and bake in preheated oven for 30-40 mins. until brown and soft.
Also, do not forget to rate the recipe as ratings helps to get more visibility on google searches. The rating tab is just above the comments section.