Tilwale Aloo Recipe | Learn how to make Tilwale Aloo No Onion No Garlic Recipe
Easy and nutritious Tilwale Aloo recipe, made with potatoes, sesame seeds and peanuts with minimum spices.
This simple VEGAN an GLUTEN-FREE FRIENDLY dish though has minimum spices but it is bursting with so much of flavor and aroma. I love to have it just like that with some sweet yogurt on side.
About the recipe
Who doesn't like potatoes?? These are life savers when there are no veggies available and are budget friendly too. Though many people think these are not the healthy option but when potatoes are prepared in a healthy way these make a delicious filling meal. Potatoes are low in fat and sodium and are a rich source of fibers, antioxidants and carbohydrates.
What is Tilwale Aloo
A humble potato dish along with Dal Rice or Dal chapati serves a comforting filling meal. Kid's love dishes with potatoes and moms can serve it without any guilt as it made in very less oil and has crunchy peanuts and nutty sesame seeds which are loaded with health friendly ingredients.
The recipe is KID'S FRIENDLY too, as you can adjust the chilies in the recipe to suit your preference.
And the best part is that you can always adjust the spices here as per your tastebuds and also make it during fasting days.
With hot ajwain parathas or poori it makes a mini festive meal with a simple raita on side.
The dish is best to consume in winters as Sesame seeds have body warming properties. It's winter time here and the best time to post this side dish.
Ingredients for Tilwale Aloo
Potatoes- You can use baby potatoes or cut potatoes in 1/2" cubes. Any varitey of potatoes can be used like red potatoes, russet potatoes, Yakon Gold.
Peanuts-Peanuts are the rich source of plant based proteins. Rich in minerals and vitamins these are the popular among all the age groups. These are not only relished as snacks but also added in many dishes to enhance the flavor and nutrient value.
Sesame Seeds- Tiny Sesame seeds are the powder house of nutrients. These are an integral part of winter diet in India. Sesame Seeds are rich in oil, fibers, antioxidants. Tough these are consumed in small amounts but these help to strengthen the bones, promote hair growth and boasts skin health.
Spices and Herbs-Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Curry Leaves, Fresh Coriander Leaves.
More potato recipes from the blog
Some of the recipes with sesame seeds/til on the blog- Til and Khus Khus ki Chikki in Coconut Sugar, Til Khoya Ladoos/Til Bugga, Til Patti/Tilkut, Flax Seed Chutney, Air Fried Crispy Vegetable (Chinese Style)
How to make Tilwale Aloo
Detailed ingredients and method in Recipe Card
- 12-15 Baby Potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp Sesame Seeds/Til
- 2 tbsp Peanuts with Skin
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- 1-2 Green Chilies
- 1" Ginger Piece
- a pinch Asafetida/Hing use Gluten-free for Gluten-free version
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Kalonji/Onion Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½-1 tsp Red Chilli Powder optional as required
- 1-2 tbsp Mustard Oil or any Plant based oil
- Salt as per taste
- Wash the potatoes very nicely and get rid of al the sand and dust on it.
- Pressure Cook potatoes till one whistle. Let the pressure go off naturally. Open the lid.
- Drain the water and let the potatoes cool completely. Peel potatoes.
- Coarsely grind the peanuts.
- In a kadhai heat oil on medium flame.
- Add hing/asafetida and then cumin seeds.
- Add ginger green chilli paste. Also add curry leaves. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Then add fennel seeds and onion seeds(saunf and kalunji).
- Now add baby potatoes and peanuts. Roast for 12 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finally add sesame seeds and mix lightly. Toss potatoes for few seconds. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with parathas or dal rice and chapatis.
Do try my version of Tilwale Aloo for your day today lunch, special occasions or gatherings and on festivals. It is a no onion garlic recipe you can have it on fasting days.
Also, please rate the recipe as ratings helps to get more visibility on google searches. The rating tab is just above the comments section.
Whenever you make it do post your feedback with the pic on my FB page or tag me on Instagram(#foodtrails25). Pin the recipe for later use. If you like the recipe, pls do rate the recipe. Rating tab is just above the comments. Rating helps to make my blog more visible in Google searches and more people can discover my blog.
If you like my work, then do HIT the SUBSCRIBE button get notifications on new posts and share the blog with your loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by!!